Sponsored

Need help deciding which procharger

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
This kinda goes back to why we mentioned the p1x is the way to go. You don’t have to pulley down for the blower to be more efficient in the mid range. My estimation is a d1x with a 4.25 is good for over 800 on pump. So now your blower might be in it’s efficiency range but your motor is on burrowed time.
Your estimation is a touch off. A 4.25 on a d1x is a no go. That setup makes 1100whp on my setup.
Sponsored

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Your estimation is a touch off. A 4.25 on a d1x is a no go. That setup makes 1100whp on my setup.
Geez! That’s awesome! I didn’t know the D1x could push that much.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
how about an f1a,.another big blower...1300 whp

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S

*Legal disclaimer* That's on E85. Pump gas prob lose 150 or so at least. LOL But that's fuel/engine issue, not blower shortcoming. And it's not even maxed yet.

Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
how about an f1a,.another big blower...1300 whp
The thing with the f series blowers is the gear box ratio change which helps create efficiency across the band helping to compete with the pep of the p and d x series blowers. It takes a lot of supporting mods to run an f series to it's potential. You also can't "turn down" an f series. I have the second the largest pulley on my f series blower and see 30+ psi at 8100rpm. You need to be an idiot to do that on a stock block and trans.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Badass F1a 8-second street beast:

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Badass F1a 8-second street beast:
Great dude for sure. Sad to see him change over to Whipple, but it'll continue to be a badass ride. He put in rods and pistons and built the trans (IIRC) to run that blower.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Who is the "they" you are referring to?
Figured it was self explanatory, people who buy a Procharger not having a clue of what they truly want. Complain that it makes no oomph with a 4.88 pulley, take it off and sell for 4000 bucks (loss of 3k), buy an 8k Whipple and then they go on FB and IG saying “Whipple for life! My Whipple feels like a monster compared to my Procharger” on every “which CAI should I buy” or “should I go lund of PBD” thread, because ya know, they need to justify their purchase. But in reality is probably hardly a 10sec car lol

Sponsored

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Great dude for sure. Sad to see him change over to Whipple, but it'll continue to be a badass ride. He put in rods and pistons and built the trans (IIRC) to run that blower.
Im gonna chase that number with the d1x cause thats all i got LOL

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
The thing with the f series blowers is the gear box ratio change which helps create efficiency across the band helping to compete with the pep of the p and d x series blowers. It takes a lot of supporting mods to run an f series to it's potential. You also can't "turn down" an f series. I have the second the largest pulley on my f series blower and see 30+ psi at 8100rpm. You need to be an idiot to do that on a stock block and trans.
The F1A-94 shouldn't even be in the same sentence as a D1x. Worlds different between using the F1-series transmission, having a bigger inducer but smaller exducer than the D series. Basically suck in more, but compress it tighter on the way out. The -94 was new just a couple years ago so it has the latest impeller technology in it similar to the P and D becoming X's. 30% more volume in the -94 is a monstrous jump from a D. While it may be physically smaller it outperforms the F1-R of yesteryears even.

OP
OP

hafgod

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
arnold
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Hey everyone thanks again for the replies. I want to touch on something that was my original statement of being "happy with 750 wheel", which is a safe conservative number. I want to be able to run the max whp that the stock motor and 10r80 trans can handle... not sure if this changes much about the p1x vs d1x debate...

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Hey everyone thanks again for the replies. I want to touch on something that was my original statement of being "happy with 750 wheel", which is a safe conservative number. I want to be able to run the max whp that the stock motor and 10r80 trans can handle... not sure if this changes much about the p1x vs d1x debate...
Max whp of the gen 3 and trans is somewhere between 0 - 4000 whp. How long do you want it to last, how much are you willing to spend in supporting mods, investing in quality fuel, and so on. Keep in mind shit happens and you could lose the car simply bc of that.

I'd say 750whp - 800whp with the p1x is a great target, especially if you are just toying around and DDing it.

OP
OP

hafgod

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
arnold
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Max whp of the gen 3 and trans is somewhere between 0 - 4000 whp. How long do you want it to last, how much are you willing to spend in supporting mods, investing in quality fuel, and so on. Keep in mind shit happens and you could lose the car simply bc of that.

I'd say 750whp - 800whp with the p1x is a great target, especially if you are just toying around and DDing it.
4000!!! goddamn 0_0
It wont be my daily when its built, so im fine with going over 750-800... you think with a d1x thats fine to do? Obviously I know there are risks
Sponsored