Need help deciding: Roush vs Steeda CAI

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Interested to see how it fits with your 18 manifold.
Guess I will find out today! Should arrive later this afternoon. I'll have to make my trip to Lowe's to get some cap offs for the ports as I think they have everything there welded for a 15-16 model unless it comes with some of that which I'm hoping it does.
Sponsored

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Guess I will find out today! Should arrive later this afternoon. I'll have to make my trip to Lowe's to get some cap offs for the ports as I think they have everything there welded for a 15-16 model unless it comes with some of that which I'm hoping it does.
Did you get it on? How does it look/fit?

BTW, I looked it up. JLT for 18+ is 120mm.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
vincentjm

vincentjm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP
Quick update:

Went ahead and ordered the Roush CAI, manly because it allows me to run it with the insert and no tune for now. Also got a great price for it, so I can't complain. Build quality is very good and the install was a breeze. I'm sure that goes for the other offerings as well!

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Quick update:

Went ahead and ordered the Roush CAI, manly because it allows me to run it with the insert and no tune for now. Also got a great price for it, so I can't complain. Build quality is very good and the install was a breeze. I'm sure that goes for the other offerings as well!
With no tune or maf increase I wouldn't expect much or any hp gain but would be curious in a before and after dyno comparison, to see see if any changes under the curve.

Sponsored

OP
OP
vincentjm

vincentjm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vincent
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP
With no tune or maf increase I wouldn't expect much or any hp gain but would be curious in a before and after dyno comparison, to see see if any changes under the curve.
Yeah I doubt that there are any gains, sounds cool though for sure. I already have a an SCT tuner and a custom tune on its way

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I doubt that there are any gains, sounds cool though for sure. I already have a an SCT tuner and a custom tune on its way
Nice there is advantage of keeping the stock maf curve if you decide to run a flex tune.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
JLT ftw....

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I went Steeda but the Roush intake is nice as well. The Steeda intake has the removable insert as well, which I currently have installed as I haven’t tuned my car. The quality is great and it looks and sounds sweet.

If I were to do it all over again, I would go with a Steeda closed box. IAT’s are just comical sitting in traffic with ANY open element intake.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
I went Steeda but the Roush intake is nice as well. The Steeda intake has the removable insert as well, which I currently have installed as I haven’t tuned my car. The quality is great and it looks and sounds sweet.

If I were to do it all over again, I would go with a Steeda closed box. IAT’s are just comical sitting in traffic with ANY open element intake.
Only thing about the closed lid one is the inability to run a flex tune effectively. May be a deal breaker for some. But I hear you on the iats. That's what makes the OEM cai on 18+ so great. Keeps iats under control, still flows very well and smooth maf.

Today on the way home from the gym when I stopped to get the mail with car running and sitting my iat was at 120 but it was 114 out so really not bad.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Only thing about the closed lid one is the inability to run a flex tune effectively. May be a deal breaker for some. But I hear you on the iats. That's what makes the OEM cai on 18+ so great. Keeps iats under control, still flows very well and smooth maf.

Today on the way home from the gym when I stopped to get the mail with car running and sitting my iat was at 120 but it was 114 out so really not bad.
120 at 114 is great in reality.

It can be 90 here and IAT’s will hit 150+ when sitting. Highest I’ve seen is 160 idling for an extended period.
Sponsored