Sponsored

Need help deciding a Catback Exhaust!

What Ford Performance by Borla Catback should I get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I do like a little more rasp with the x pipe and want to upgrade the tips as well so at that point just figured the whole exhaust. Thanks for the thought!
The X-pipe resonator delete is always an option too. The H-pipe with the OEM axle back has a wicked note vs. the X-pipes.
Tips, there’s an endless array of option that can be easily fitted to the OEM outlets.

Take a few minutes and consider Mazman’s opinions.

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Keithfro

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
The X-pipe resonator delete is always an option too. The H-pipe with the OEM axle has a wicked note vs. the X-pipes.
Tips, there’s an endless array of option that can be easily fitted to the OEM outlets.

Take a few minutes and consider Mazman’s opinions.

[/QU
Thanks for the video, love all the revving at the start.

OP
OP
Keithfro

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you all for all the input!

The AWE Touring does sound great but because it's 3" pipe i don't think it will fit between the vert bracing otherwise this would definitely be at the top of my list.

The Corsa sport is also up there but man seems like a lot of money but do like that they have no drone.

I'm in the suburbs of Denver so not worried about getting in trouble with the law and is a fun car not daily driving.

After looking at all the voting and comments I think the extreme is out of the question now but this has opened up more options than just the FP by Borla sport.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Definitely get the extreme if you're going with this exhaust. You'll enjoy it more.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Keithfro

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely get the extreme if you're going with this exhaust. You'll enjoy it more.
Your the first person to recommend the extreme, why do you think the extreme would be the better choice? Is it the volume or tone that would make it more enjoyable?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Your the first person to recommend the extreme, why do you think the extreme would be the better choice? Is it the volume or tone that would make it more enjoyable?
Both. If you have a vert that's only for fun, there's no reason not to go for the louder option :) The regular one is honestly only a few notches above stock.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Hey all, I have a 2019 GT convertible and am on the fence whether or not to do the Ford Performance by Borla sport version (maybe too quiet) or the extreme option. I'm concerned with having a vert the extreme maybe too loud with the top down but really want a nice agressive tone. Also, I have already looked at the Corsa and keep coming back to the Ford Performance by Borla because it fits with the additional bracing required for the vert. If anybody has either of these options I would like to here your thoughts as well.

Extreme

Sport
I think you would really like the Borla Stinger cat-back. Not extremely loud which would make your convertible drive pleasant still and still giving off a sporty sound.

Borla Stinger S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust w/o Active Valves (2018-2020 Mustang GT) - 140745

Borla "S-Type" Cat-Back Exhaust System for Active Exhaust Polished Tips (2018-2020 Mustang GT) - 140742

JayhawkGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I have a 2020 vert and have really been leaning towards the FP by Borla sport catback with carbon fiber tips. Mainly looking at the FP by Borla option due to the 2.5” pipe for the very

OP
OP
Keithfro

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 2020 vert and have really been leaning towards the FP by Borla sport catback with carbon fiber tips. Mainly looking at the FP by Borla option due to the 2.5” pipe for the very
Yep, same here now just waiting on American muscle or Cj pony to give a discount for Black Friday if they do?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Keithfro

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you all again for your input. I decided to go with what all of you voted on FP by Borla Sport. Got it to where AM basically covered the tax, just give them a call and haggle. I will post a video once it is on!

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Beef cake racing or lethal performance can usually give you a good deal. I'd give them a PM and ask I'd be surprised if they didnt beat AM price.

OP
OP
Keithfro

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Beef cake racing or lethal performance can usually give you a good deal. I'd give them a PM and ask I'd be surprised if they didnt beat AM price.
I looked at beefcake and they didn't have the specific exhaust. I will try lethal, thank you!

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
Thank you all for all the input!

The AWE Touring does sound great but because it's 3" pipe i don't think it will fit between the vert bracing otherwise this would definitely be at the top of my list.

The Corsa sport is also up there but man seems like a lot of money but do like that they have no drone.

I'm in the suburbs of Denver so not worried about getting in trouble with the law and is a fun car not daily driving.

After looking at all the voting and comments I think the extreme is out of the question now but this has opened up more options than just the FP by Borla sport.
I feel like the Steeda Axle back has similar tone to that of the AWE touring system.

I haven’t had time to post some sound clips but I will try here within the next couple of days.

OP
OP
Keithfro

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I feel like the Steeda Axle back has similar tone to that of the AWE touring system.

I haven’t had time to post some sound clips but I will try here within the next couple of days.
Thank you but No hurry, I actually just purchased the Borla sport cause they price matched and I got a great deal.
Sponsored