Sponsored

Need help deciding a Catback Exhaust!

What Ford Performance by Borla Catback should I get?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all, I have a 2019 GT convertible and am on the fence whether or not to do the Ford Performance by Borla sport version (maybe too quiet) or the extreme option. I'm concerned with having a vert the extreme maybe too loud with the top down but really want a nice agressive tone. Also, I have already looked at the Corsa and keep coming back to the Ford Performance by Borla because it fits with the additional bracing required for the vert. If anybody has either of these options I would like to here your thoughts as well.

Extreme

Sport
Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
If anybody has either of these options I would like to here your thoughts as well.
I have neither but you may want to think over one of the better H-Pipe resonator deletes and keep the OEM axle back.

MAP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Hey all, I have a 2019 GT convertible and am on the fence whether or not to do the Ford Performance by Borla sport version (maybe too quiet) or the extreme option. I'm concerned with having a vert the extreme maybe too loud with the top down but really want a nice agressive tone. Also, I have already looked at the Corsa and keep coming back to the Ford Performance by Borla because it fits with the additional bracing required for the vert. If anybody has either of these options I would like to here your thoughts as well.

Extreme

Sport
Have you looked at any other options? I've got the AWE Touring catback and it's been great so far.

js19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I’m not sure about Ford performance specifically but I have a Borla S Type Catback and it sounds amazing and gets a lot of compliments. You won’t want anything louder than that for a convertible. Definitely go sport over extreme.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The idea of what is considered loud varies a lot by person. With a convertible I would think the Sport would be plenty loud but that's just me. One good thing about the Borla options is they are pretty quiet when cruising with no drone, so you still have that even if the Extreme is very loud when accelerating.

Sponsored

Sweetface

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
..... are you ever going to go with longtubes ?? This should be a huge part of this final decision !!

jag7885

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2020 Subaru WRX STI
Have you considered the Borla Touring?

OP
OP
Keithfro

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have neither but you may want to think over one of the better H-Pipe resonator deletes and keep the OEM axle back.
I do like a little more rasp with the x pipe and want to upgrade the tips as well so at that point just figured the whole exhaust. Thanks for the thought!

OP
OP
Keithfro

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Have you looked at any other options? I've got the AWE Touring catback and it's been great so far.
I have seen it but not actually considered it. Are you aware of any sound clips and what is the volume like?

OP
OP
Keithfro

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The idea of what is considered loud varies a lot by person. With a convertible I would think the Sport would be plenty loud but that's just me. One good thing about the Borla options is they are pretty quiet when cruising with no drone, so you still have that even if the Extreme is very loud when accelerating.
I appreciate the input. This is exactly why I posted the question. I'm torn and know the Borla can quiet when cruising but want the muscle to come through.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Keithfro

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
..... are you ever going to go with longtubes ?? This should be a huge part of this final decision !!
No longtubes planned in future, but great point.

MAP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I have seen it but not actually considered it. Are you aware of any sound clips and what is the volume like?
I've got it on my car. It's got zero drone when cruising at any speed. Pretty low rumble when you get going.

This is pretty accurate. If you want aggressive, it can be, if not, it can do that just fine. I had the roush first, but it was a little too much for me. This one was a great alternative.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
I do like a little more rasp with the x pipe and want to upgrade the tips as well so at that point just figured the whole exhaust. Thanks for the thought!
If you like more rasp then id look at the Corsa sport. I have it on my car(not a vert) and really like it. The x pipe give you that rasp and its not overly loud IMO. AWE was my second choice, both options have no drone which was key for me.

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
The fp sport catback gets rid of the resonator so that will still be nice and loud. I had the touring version which includes the resonator and it was still slightly louder than stock but much deeper and better sounding.

The extreme will be very loud, pretty sure it’s a carbon copy of the borla atak.

BigR4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT 6MT
Ironically, The Ford Performance by Borla was the exhaust I was looking at before I decided to do exactly what Greg did... Steeda H Pipe with everything else stock. $170 for the part and $50 for a professional install is a bargain for the sound my car makes.
I live in New York so I may have to worry about the laws more than people who live in other states. So if I ever run into the wrong cop on a bad day, I can say I have the stock cats and mufflers on it... so that also factored in.

Honestly the H-Pipe is great but my exhaust isn't as loud as some of these guys on social media... so If you're thinking the Sport isn't loud enough, the H Pipe route might be too tame for you. Although my cold starts are still pretty obnoxious... but some people pay good money for obnoxious.
But it is a more cost effective and law friendly option.
Sponsored