Need help on deciding on exhaust system for my 2018 gt

S550DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm wanting a deep sounding exhaust system with very little rasp. Also, I do not want any drone or to be obnoxiously loud. I know a H-pipe is probably a start but what else do yall think? post vids of yours if ou think you have a good set up.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
AWE Touring.

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
It was a toss up between the FRPP Borla exhaust or the Flowmaster Outlaw for me.

I flipped a coin and went with the Flowmaster Outlaw full catback on my car ... so I can tell you to STAY AWAY from them, It drones and It's loud cruising down the interstate over 80, but it does have a surprisingly deep tone and very little rasp. It absolutely screams WFO, Ford should've used those carbon fiber tips on the stock exhaust. They look perfect hanging back there.

I'm going to add a Helmholtz resonator like MBRP does on some of their exhaust to see if that kills the drone. If that doesn't work, I'll hack out the Outlaws and splice in a pair of Borla's.

Good luck on your choice ....

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I'm wanting a deep sounding exhaust system with very little rasp. Also, I do not want any drone or to be obnoxiously loud. I know a H-pipe is probably a start but what else do yall think? post vids of yours if ou think you have a good set up.
Do you have active exhaust? I'm doing a Steeda H pipe...and from what I can tell that is probably all that is needed.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I started with standard mufflers and added an Xpipe. It sounded great. Normal driving, good deep muscle car sound. Driving hard it absolutely sings and sound great.

I then upgraded to active mufflers (programed the car) normal is a tad louder than the stock mufflers but sounds great still, if not better. Then track mode. OMG, hands down my favorite exhaust I've ever heard (besides million dollar super cars). It sounds absolutely amazing, borderlined sexual haha. I don't think anyone can convince me any other exhaust sounds better.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the awe touring is very nice. we are running 15% off for black friday

OP
OP
S550DarkHorse

S550DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
the awe touring is very nice. we are running 15% off for black friday
Thatā€™s what I was waiting to see at 12 today on yalls insta page . Quick question however will this piping line up with a Cat delete from Leathal???

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, you want a not-that-loud exhaust but are also planning on doing a cat delete...?

T.Man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT
I'm running the CJPP resonated x pipe and Roush axle back. Excellent sound/tone without being obnoxious, little to no rasp and zero drone.

OP
OP
S550DarkHorse

S550DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Wait, you want a not-that-loud exhaust but are also planning on doing a cat delete...?
Lol have to have the cats removed to get the Lund ghost cam . Iā€™ll deal with the loudness for that!

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Lol have to have the cats removed to get the Lund ghost cam . Iā€™ll deal with the loudness for that!
GT500 mufflers to keep good tone and quiet it down because of no cats

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
We would recommend our Street Catback system. It's not as aggressive as some of the other options and has a very deep tone, which makes it great to pair with other exhaust mods like LTHs without being too obnoxious. We have a number of authorized dealers here on the forum that will be running promotions for Black Friday! If you would like help getting in contact with one, please let us know!

https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=19370

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I went with the AWE touring. It is fairly loud on throttle but quiet off throttle. No rasp and a clean deep sound.

teejayn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
I had MBRP with h pipe and lund tune, it sounded awesome, had a nice deep muscle car tone, but it drones like crazy at cruising speed.
I switched to solo with x pipe resonator, they donā€™t make h pipe. It eliminated the drone but too raspy for me.
I had h pipe fabricated with MBRP 26ā€ resonators. Inserted baffles with steel wool and fiberglass sheets to bring down the volume. Start up still rumbles but once it warms up itā€™s not as loud as the mbrp setup but. Only when I open it up, it loud with a nice deep tone. No rasp and no drone.
I had also installed catless stainless works headers, the entire exhaust system is 3ā€

blown302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 mustang gt/2004 svt cobra/2016 GT PP
Why no Corsa love?
Sponsored