Sponsored

need boost! Vette walking away from my 18

cnycomp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT
My buddies 2016 stingray walks away from my 18 GT. Not Fun. Im not use to this, I.E. getting beat by friends! I havent owned a non-boosted car in about 15 years! Hes about 1.5 cars out at 120mph from a dig. Even though we are both 460hp and he is a few hundred pounds lighter than me, for some reason I still thought it would be closer. I guess those stingrays run high 11s stock. Oh well, need to decide whats next, new hellion sleeper kit or Procharger.
Sponsored

offcamber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Magnetic GT - Premium/PP
Weight and tires sound like the difference.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Don't need boost unless you want to smash him. Lighter wheels, sticky tires and a tune (e85 preferred) and you will flip the script on him. You probably won't even need the wheels and tires but I don't want you to be bored! LOL

Seceda91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G35 M6 - Want a V8!!
manual vs manual? well the Stingrays are about 1-2 cars ahead of the 6th Gen SS tranny per tranny. Since the 18 GT's is slightly quicker than the 6th Gen SS the Stringray should be half a car to a car ahead I would assume.. after 100, you'll lose since they have more aero.

Sponsored

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Impressive how a 2018 GT can keep up with a Vette.

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
My buddies 2016 stingray walks away from my 18 GT. Not Fun. Im not use to this, I.E. getting beat by friends! I havent owned a non-boosted car in about 15 years! Hes about 1.5 cars out at 120mph from a dig. Even though we are both 460hp and he is a few hundred pounds lighter than me, for some reason I still thought it would be closer. I guess those stingrays run high 11s stock. Oh well, need to decide whats next, new hellion sleeper kit or Procharger.
Being faster is more about money than anything. If you wanna match him then you might need to do some simple bolt-ons. That should even things up a bit. Not to insult you, but your statement that you thought you had a chance based on the numbers means that you aren't fully aware of what the competition can do. The Vettes are lighter and more aerodynamic. And there are other things that will impact a race like gear ratios and driver ability and which trans is in which car and such. So HP to HP and you won't win. That is generally speaking if there is similar driving ability. But you can beat them. You just need to overpower them so to speak, lol! Do your first round of simple mods and see where you stand. If you want more then do more. And take it from there until you're satisfied or broke or dead, lol!! But don't feel bad for losing to a Vette. They are very fast and there is no shame in taking the L against one.

1.5 car lengths isnt much?
You can win by an inch or a mile...

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Strapping on a couple of turbos is way overkill for a Vette. But I like overkill. An E85 tune wiuld probably do the trick. Get your boost. And go hunt a different class of cars.

Deleted member 33561

Stick or A10 ? If A10 just a CAI and "Lund" tune might get you slightly ahead. They don't add much hp but they do change the rev limiter and the shift points on the tranny. At 120 mph 1.5 car lengths is about 0.15 seconds in the quarter. If that doesn't work then the E85 tune will.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
N/A Bolt ons will be fine for your buddy's Stingray, but someday you'll come face to face with it's big brother....the Z06 or one of those dirty Cats running around.

When that day comes you'll want all the boost.

Deleted member 33561

I agree but then you are starting down that path. What do you want to beat after the Z06? I supercharged my Scatpack and never lost to a Z06 but that's because I beat them all off the line. My closest race was in an 1/8 mile track when his ET was 0.01 seconds faster but reaction time can make up for some hp.
I'm not going supercharge my Mustang GT and we have no E85 here so I'll just enjoy driving my car as it is.

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I would not expect a stock GT to keep up with a Vette- from a dig, roll or anywhere. I would not pull my GT up against a Vette at the track or anywhere period.
Sponsored