Sponsored

Name something on your Mustang that's working as designed and is really irritating.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
giphy.gif

Jesus dude, vacuum the dog out of your car once in awhile.
Are you that faint of heart that dog fur actually disgusts you? Also are you, like, kind of a dick to people for no reason?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
That’s strange. I’m pretty sure mine reverts to Auto and whatever temperature was previously set. I will check again the next time I’m in the car.
I think the only time I ever turn on recirc is if I'm behind something like a garbage truck or someone rolling coal. I've never liked the "taste" of the air in recirc.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't like the high tension that Ford uses on seat belts. They are always too tight and I am constantly adjusting/loosening to avoid being squished. As you drive, the high tension interacts with any bumps in the road to pull the belt tighter and tighter. Annoying.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
On the manual cars, I don't like that it takes the revs so long to drop to the "normal" level when it's cold outside. Seriously takes like 5 minutes plus. Yeah, you can just take off, but its awkward taking off at 1200RPM if you're backing out of a parking stall or something.

The electronic throttle lockout for emissions reasons is also pretty obnoxious at times. "Hey, we thought you were going to keep pulling to illegal speeds, since you bitched out now you're stuck with horrible rev hang for a while". I've learned how to drive around it for the most part but I wish it wasn't so picky about unburned fuel.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
On the manual cars, I don't like that it takes the revs so long to drop to the "normal" level when it's cold outside. Seriously takes like 5 minutes plus. Yeah, you can just take off, but its awkward taking off at 1200RPM if you're backing out of a parking stall or something.

The electronic throttle lockout for emissions reasons is also pretty obnoxious at times. "Hey, we thought you were going to keep pulling to illegal speeds, since you bitched out now you're stuck with horrible rev hang for a while". I've learned how to drive around it for the most part but I wish it wasn't so picky about unburned fuel.

Man, I don't see those, however, I do have the Roush tune, and maybe the reason?

The one that annoys me, is the way the side-view mirrors work.

They don't remember the last side selected, should be a rocker switch, L&R.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
On the manual cars, I don't like that it takes the revs so long to drop to the "normal" level when it's cold outside. Seriously takes like 5 minutes plus. Yeah, you can just take off, but its awkward taking off at 1200RPM.
Again, HPtuners to the rescue! :)
The cold, warm and hot idle rpm, as well as the temperature thresholds for what cold/warm/hot actually means, can be adjusted.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I think the only time I ever turn on recirc is if I'm behind something like a garbage truck or someone rolling coal. I've never liked the "taste" of the air in recirc.
Yes, me too. It's just that driving behind a stinky truck/bus/VW Golf TDI/etc. is a very frequent occurence around here, particularly as I spend a lot of time in stop&go traffic.
I don't want it to take control when it thinks I'm wrong. It's not its job to decide whether I'm right or wrong. Its job is to do whatever I ask it to do, whether it likes it or not - period. I'm a big boy now; I don't need a nanny.

Last edited:

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Man, I don't see those, however, I do have the Roush tune, and maybe the reason?

The one that annoys me, is the way the side-view mirrors work.

They don't remember the last side selected, should be a rocker switch, L&R.
Again, HPtuners to the rescue! :)
The cold, warm and hot idle rpm, as well as the temperature thresholds for what cold/warm/hot actually means, can be adjusted.
Yep, its an easy issue to fix via tuning. But I'm not doing that until I'm at least out of powertrain warranty.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, its an easy issue to fix via tuning. But I'm not doing that until I'm at least out of powertrain warranty.
Oh ye of little faith. I tuned mine within a few months of rolling off the lot. 3 years being held hostage by ford's craptastic tune is not my definition of "enjoyment"

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh ye of little faith. I tuned mine within a few months of rolling off the lot. 3 years being held hostage by ford's craptastic tune is not my definition of "enjoyment"

Likewise.

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I never used recir either until lately. I had a genius idea if I keep recirc on I won't fill the cabin with the smell of 100 Oct everyday. It works great... for about 5 mins then it shuts off again.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I never used recir either until lately. I had a genius idea if I keep recirc on I won't fill the cabin with the smell of 100 Oct everyday. It works great... for about 5 mins then it shuts off again.

100 oct is the Mustang after save

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
The driver seat belts weak return spring. They designed it that way and it sucks.
I don't like the high tension that Ford uses on seat belts. They are always too tight and I am constantly adjusting/loosening to avoid being squished. As you drive, the high tension interacts with any bumps in the road to pull the belt tighter and tighter. Annoying.
:cwl: :cwl: :cwl: :cwl:

mmff88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
The design feature I find most annoying is having the trunk release button right next to the sunglasses drawer in a location hidden by the steering wheel. Every time I turn into bright sun I fumble for the sunglasses drawer trying to be sure I am avoiding the trunk release. When I'm wrong, sometimes I'm rolling and the trunk release function is blocked by my speed, but several times a year I'm stopping in parking lots and jumping out to close my trunk.

Last edited:

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
The Advancetrac turns itself back on when I turn the car off. I hate it, I don’t ever want it. It’s obnoxious.
Sponsored