Sponsored

MY19 Order Placed

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
My 2018 was ordered early November nad I picked it up 23rd March. You are going to love it.

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Well I have good and bad news, @Flamesey sorry to say yours is the bad news, car still not gate released and now for the good news, my car is at the docks and has been booked onto a boat for late next week :party:

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Well I have good and bad news, @Flamesey sorry to say yours is the bad news, car still not gate released and now for the good news, my car is at the docks and has been booked onto a boat for late next week :party:
How weird is that but congrats. If your guy can find out what’s wrong I’d be thankful

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
How weird is that but congrats. If your guy can find out what’s wrong I’d be thankful
Will see if he can find anything out about it

Sponsored

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
Thanks a lot Eclipsar. What’s up-fitting and does it occur before or after gate release?

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Thanks a lot Eclipsar. What’s up-fitting and does it occur before or after gate release?
I think it’s done before gate release, gate release is when the car can leave, up fitting is when they change parts to suit the country it’s being exported to, along with replacing parts which might have been fitted wrongly on the line, you could get delayed from a lack of parts, like Magneride or if it was a Bullitt then there is a shortage of cue ball gear knobs and this is delaying builds

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe it is because mine is a manual. There is a gear issue of some sort with the 18s with people not able to find some gears, alumininium internal parts or something. Perhaps they are doing a fix for the 19s but this guy has just got a RR 19 and had an 18. He thinks they’ve tightened up on the 19s.

OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
Maybe it is because mine is a manual. There is a gear issue of some sort with the 18s with people not able to find some gears, alumininium internal parts or something. Perhaps they are doing a fix for the 19s but this guy has just got a RR 19 and had an 18. He thinks they’ve tightened up on the 19s.
Mine is a manual as well, I think the only differences between our cars apart from the colour was mine has Recaros, I would guess it’s Magneride being the issue

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I think it’s done before gate release, gate release is when the car can leave, up fitting is when they change parts to suit the country it’s being exported to, along with replacing parts which might have been fitted wrongly on the line, you could get delayed from a lack of parts, like Magneride or if it was a Bullitt then there is a shortage of cue ball gear knobs and this is delaying builds
After gate release.

(Order placed -> VIN -> Window sticker ->)Car is built, Gate released, upfitted, put on a train, sent to Baltimore, shipped to zeebrugge, undersealed by stevie wonder with a spray gun having a spaztik fit and then shipped to Southampton (and sometimes Liverpool), then onto dealers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Eclipsar

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
After gate release.

(Order placed -> VIN -> Window sticker ->)Car is built, Gate released, upfitted, put on a train, sent to Baltimore, shipped to zeebrugge, undersealed by stevie wonder with a spray gun having a spaztik fit and then shipped to Southampton (and sometimes Liverpool), then onto dealers.
I think they are shipping direct to Liverpool now, I think it’s because we are leaving the EU

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...or maybe run out of white stripes as you'd think they would have stuck the magneride on mine 2 days before you got yours fitted lol

Dudes, just stick black stripes on it and ship it asap

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I think they are shipping direct to Liverpool now, I think it’s because we are leaving the EU
Interesting! Cutting out zeebrugges.... must be undersealing in liverpool now ... or it's cheaper doing 1 less "boat" who knows!

Count

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK GT order in place
New here - 1st post!

Back in March I ordered a Race Red GT, Auto with most of the options ticked - I didn't want the Recaro seats but that was about it.

Build date was originally July 31st, that's since been changed to last week so hoping the car is at least assembled by now. Ford advising me the delivery date will be before Xmas and that's as accurate as they can be at this time. Any help in getting a more accurate track of the progress would be appreciated.

As I went for things like MagneRide and the spoiler, stripes etc. I was guessing I might end up with a longer wait but not sure on the averages. Seems like from reading through threads here that the dates I've been quoted are about right.

Never had a Mustang (or a Ford) before so new experience dealing with them, I've done everything online and via email so far; I've never been to the dealer even. I liked the car when I used one in the US and decided it was a decent option for me now the RHD cars are available. Looking forward to seeing if the social scene and things like Goodwood breakfast clubs are popular.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
New here - 1st post!

Back in March I ordered a Race Red GT, Auto with most of the options ticked - I didn't want the Recaro seats but that was about it.

Build date was originally July 31st, that's since been changed to last week so hoping the car is at least assembled by now. Ford advising me the delivery date will be before Xmas and that's as accurate as they can be at this time. Any help in getting a more accurate track of the progress would be appreciated.

As I went for things like MagneRide and the spoiler, stripes etc. I was guessing I might end up with a longer wait but not sure on the averages. Seems like from reading through threads here that the dates I've been quoted are about right.

Never had a Mustang (or a Ford) before so new experience dealing with them, I've done everything online and via email so far; I've never been to the dealer even. I liked the car when I used one in the US and decided it was a decent option for me now the RHD cars are available. Looking forward to seeing if the social scene and things like Goodwood breakfast clubs are popular.
If you want some more scene's there's plenty of facebook groups such as Mustangs Unleashed (See link in my signature). There's also all of us here who are friednly enough!

As for tracking, there's a stickied post that is mostly correct (I think MY18 changed a bit, but mos tthe systems still work)
Sponsored