Sponsored

My Tool Set Chest in Trunk

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Its a sports car not a work truck. Look at all that added weight. Its a fairly new car and its so unreliable that you need to carry tools everywhere you go?
Holy shit a whopping 10 pounds(maybe)!!! Barely even negligible.
Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Unless it was bolted to the trunk floor, with the way I drive that box would be smashed, and the contents bouncing around tearing up everything in it's path. :facepalm:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Here's mine:
3.PNG
Has anyone used that to have a flat tire changed that did not come from the factory? GM apparently does (or did fairly recently) refuse to do that, the rational being the fact they would not be doing that was factored into the price of cars that did not come with a spare.

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Fuses, light bulbs, extra belt, tire wrench, tire patch kit, compressor and a quart of oil is about all your ever gonna need or be able to do on the road with a new car. Any decent jack is too heavy and the spare if you have one is nearly useless.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Unless it was bolted to the trunk floor, with the way I drive that box would be smashed, and the contents bouncing around tearing up everything in it's path. :facepalm:
Probably true for many (most?).

Waiting for the OP to get jumped by the no-87-octane crowd for paying for cornering performance but wasting it with loose cargo.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
The bottom of the toolbox has 2 strips of velcro. Has never moved or rolled over in all of my 4 years of 15mpg driving.

I have since moved it to the back left after discovering these neat velcro dividers.
IMG_9519.JPG

Last edited:

ChromaticGrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP1
I think it's great.for the most part your going to have what you need. Most of the time not related to your own car. Helpef my friend not to long ago. Battery died. I said fuck it.let's install a new on, your battery is old anywho. Felt great. He was thankful. And I knew my friend wouldn't be heading down road with a jumped battery that would die the next time he sat in his car for five minutes with the radio on. For us it's simple, for others they would pay someone to do that. Now he knows how simple it is.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Yeah.....I'm with quite a bit of other folks on this one.

OP, I admire your craftiness in getting a tool kit in your car, but it's nothing I would consider myself. I drive a newer car, and maintain and love on it by throwing stupid $$ at it, just so I don't have to worry about it's reliability.

Other than a flat, there's nothing you're going to fix on the side of the road on these cars. Hell you'd be better off just tossing a programmer/scanner in the trunk, so you can read fault codes for yourself, to know if the car is safe to drive should a CEL come on. That and maybe a quart of oil and paper-towels to check the oil level with.

Now, if I was going to pimp my trunk, it would have an AR-15 with extra mags/batteries, some flares/road hazard lights, MREs, a winter jacket w/gloves, boots & hat (in case I get stuck in a snow-storm), extra cell/satellite phone....just your basic stuff for a Zombie Apocalypse.

Not that I want to see a Zombie Apocalypse or anything, not that I fantasize about such things.
F74XDAVI7HG64QZ.LARGE.jpg

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
The bottom of the toolbox has 2 strips of velcro. Has never moved or rolled over in all of my 4 years of 15mpg driving.

I have since moved it to the back left after discovering these neat velcro dividers.
IMG_9519.JPG
Where did you get those dividers? Really like that idea....

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert

Sponsored