Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I tried to improve the crappy sound of the 9-speaker 400a system, by replacing the rear deck speakers with better ones, but then discovered that the bass is filtered out of that location anyway. It is not trivial to use Forscan to deliver full range back there.

In desperation, I put the OEM speakers back in, and faded most of the signal to the front. Next I didn't care for the sound of the center dash speaker either, so I disconnected it. Now the remaining sound from the door/pillar speakers is actually quite acceptable, especially as I turn up the volume.

Here is how I have the system adjusted. A couple clicks off of full-front-fade, and the balance moved towards the passenger side.
Also, tone controls are shown. Start with these settings, and then adjust the treble and bass up/down by only 1 click.

(To disconnect the center speaker, I clipped the green wire on Pin# 2 from the brown plug at the amp. I will butt-splice the wire back together at car trade-in time, and I made sure to cut it at the halfway length of exposed wire. Be careful to cut the green wire, and not the green-with-blue-stripe wire!)

PS> I can't wait to audition the 2019 B&O system.

EDIT: So I grabbed a couple of my reference CD's that I know sound good on my high-end home system, and played them on an errand run today. Holy smokes, I could not believe how good the system sounded with near-flat tone controls. Here is the updated alignment (with disconnected dash center speaker). On CD, the system goes pretty loud, but won't reach stupid loud level. So, not much extra headroom in the designed OEM system. Again, Fade is only about 2 clicks off full front. The balance is now centered on the passenger, so it would have to be re-centered to the car when your friend is with you. There is an actual acoustic image now, hooray!

View attachment 295131 View attachment 295132
20180808_103057.jpg
View attachment 295583
20180808_095539.jpg
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Sponsored

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt and 03 and 04 terminater
Well the stuff does not show up maybe cause I’m on my mobile device

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
While I do not have a 400a car (just the base system), when I upgraded my system from the base Sync to Sync 3 system, I disabled the ford factory EQ processor and right away a big difference in volume as well as clarity. I also recommend doing this.

To do this...in Forescan change the following value (x's stand for values to be left alone)...
727-01-02:x0xx xx

More info about this can be found at
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/modifying-as-built-data-guide.61773/

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
@jperls I suggested that @GTP do that last year. For whatever reason he refuses. Turning off te EQ has been proven time and again to remove the bass roll off that Ford uses to keep NVH warranty claims down. It's an old trick that is used by most OE's.
Sponsored