Sponsored

My Custom Exhaust 2.0: Muffler Delete

MizunoGolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Does this mod hurt or gain hp and also mpg?
Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Does this mod hurt or gain hp and also mpg?
There is a very noticeable gain in torque and hp! About .4-.5 sec worth on a 0-60. (not very scientific I know) MPG should not be effected.

totalimmortal213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Black
Usually I hate exhaust for V6 engines, since it sounds like a 4 banger above 2000 RPM.

Although, TBH this sounds really good. How loud is it? Legal?
a buddy told me he hated the sound of the roush on my v6 said it was too ricey sounding for him but it honestly comes down to personal preference. i love the way it sounds....

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Usually I hate exhaust for V6 engines, since it sounds like a 4 banger above 2000 RPM.

Although, TBH this sounds really good. How loud is it? Legal?
At idle and low throttle input it is quiet for a modified exhaust. I would say it is legal but I don't have emissions testing where I live so I cannot say for sure.

MizunoGolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
just got a quote from a local shop for this mod and its only gona cost me $65 for the labor and the pipes. The tips were $50 with shipping. So for $115 its a no brainer.:headbang:

Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
just got a quote from a local shop for this mod and its only gona cost me $65 for the labor and the pipes. The tips were $50 with shipping. So for $115 its a no brainer.:headbang:
Nice!! Good luck! When is it going to be completed?

MizunoGolfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
Next friday. I have to wait for the tips to get here and he didnt have any open spots until then. Cant wait!! Just to think I was going to buy a axle back.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Next friday. I have to wait for the tips to get here and he didnt have any open spots until then. Cant wait!! Just to think I was going to buy a axle back.
Awesome! Please do keep us informed on how it goes!

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
A few pictures of what I did to the resonated tips to attach them to my delete tube.
IMG_1064.jpg
IMG_1063.jpg

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
EDIT: found pics in 1st post :doh:

I thought I was close to getting the 'convertible only' Maganflow 11365 drone to go away by cutting them off and moving them forward. But I was not able to slide them forward as I had hoped. I may be putting my 11365's up for sale soon. They are essentially mustang axle backs as they have the hanger rod installed. LOL ;)

Sponsored
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
EDIT: found pics in 1st post :doh:

I thought I was close to getting the 'convertible only' Maganflow 11365 drone to go away by cutting them off and moving them forward. But I was not able to slide them forward as I had hoped. I may be putting my 11365's up for sale soon. They are essentially mustang axle backs as they have the hanger rod installed. LOL ;)
Muffler delete in your future???? :thumbsup:

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
So essentially Dave, your axle backs have been a disappointment. :eyebulge:

I've got on order your exact muffler and tips for the same car. :crazy:

My unit is in transit as of today. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks. :headbonk:

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
You have a CONVERTIBLE!!!!

So essentially Dave, your axle backs have been a disappointment. :eyebulge:

I've got on order your exact muffler and tips for the same car. :crazy:

My unit is in transit as of today. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks. :headbonk:
One difference I think I finally confirmed is that I strongly believe my dial caliper (over Magnaflow) that I do have 2.5" in/out 11366's NOT 2.25" in/out 11365's like I ordered (and the boxes say). Hard to believe .25" larger pipe dia. for 2" of length before and after the muffler's 2.5" core, would created a resonance. Especially since it matches the mufflers core diam.? :eyebulge:

You are the first ray of hope for a clue to if might be a convertible thing or if there is some other anomaly in my set up.

All I can say is the one V6 I have heard in person with this set up had ZERO drone (Russian's), but he does have BBK shorty headers also. Ajfrench has these mufflers, but not sure which tips. He says he has no drone to speak of. I know both these two had there mufflers mounted towards the front of car, with an extension after muffler and before the tip. I'd ask your shop to do this! My stock mufflers were cut off very close to the muffler (maybe 3/8" or so).

Definitely keep us posted!

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Hey fellas, now I am throughly confused. This thread "drones" on and on and I cannot understand which way to go. Since I have the V-6 vert, I would like a bit lower rumble from my exhaust for a very low cost...that might be asking for too much. I read elsewhere on this forum that 25 % of all new Mustangs have the V-6 so why have the mod companies not produced a reasonable exhaust for us? Maybe the V-6 owners do not mod as much, but there is a market out there. So as we sit right now, should I presume
that Zack has come up with the best low cost exhaust for our cars. If so, Zack there's some moola to be made.LOL. I do appreciate everyone's efforts. Thanks.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Hey fellas, now I am throughly confused. This thread "drones" on and on and I cannot understand which way to go. Since I have the V-6 vert, I would like a bit lower rumble from my exhaust for a very low cost...that might be asking for too much. I read elsewhere on this forum that 25 % of all new Mustangs have the V-6 so why have the mod companies not produced a reasonable exhaust for us? Maybe the V-6 owners do not mod as much, but there is a market out there. So as we sit right now, should I presume
that Zack has come up with the best low cost exhaust for our cars. If so, Zack there's some moola to be made.LOL. I do appreciate everyone's efforts. Thanks.
Once USPS gets their head out of their a** and finds my package that was suppose to be delivered Monday I will be continuing work on the design of this exhaust! I have some plans that I hope work out and that I think you guys will like.
Sponsored