Sponsored

Mustang winter drivers

Mavro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost w/ PP
What's up guys! Was curious to see how many people out there drive their Mustang in the winter as I do. I live in Canada and still drive mine. People think I'm nuts because it's back wheel drive... (especially the Subaru owners). Didn't want to own one and store it 4 months out of the year. Anyway, for those out there post a pic of your pony in the snow!
IMG_20191231_155526574_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Mine has never seen snow.

Stealthfall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
I lived in La Ronge Saskatchewan, Drove it daily even in temps down to -40 (few of my co-workers wondered why I didn't buy a 4x4) now I live further south and still do so. My only change going forward is switching to Nokian Hakkapeliitas as referred to me by a guy I know who uses a C7 as a winter car.

OP
OP
Mavro

Mavro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I lived in La Ronge Saskatchewan, Drove it daily even in temps down to -40 (few of my co-workers wondered why I didn't buy a 4x4) now I live further south and still do so. My only change going forward is switching to Nokian Hakkapeliitas as referred to me by a guy I know who uses a C7 as a winter car.
I live in Quebec and we got hit with 33 cm yesterday and still drove to work.
Yea 4 winter tires are a must!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mavro

Mavro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I live in Quebec and we got hit with 33 cm yesterday and still drive to work.
Yea 4 winter tires are a must!
I've got the Toyo G3 ice and they get the job done.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
No pictures from me, as my Mustang isn't born yet, but I fully intend to get some good winter tires and to drive it all year round. I wouldn't even consider putting it to sleep for the winter. It will be my daily driver, and I use to drive daily even in winter, so it must work - hybernation is not an option. :D

OP
OP
Mavro

Mavro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No pictures from me, as my Mustang isn't born yet, but I fully intend to get some good winter tires and to drive it all year round. I wouldn't even consider putting it to sleep for the winter. It will be my daily driver, and I use to drive daily even in winter, so it must work - hybernation is not an option. :D
Exactly how I feel! Looking forward to seeing you're new pony in the snow!

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I do not drive my Mustang in the winter, mostly because of salt on the roads. But, in past years rear wheel drive cars were all I had. I've driven Vettes, Camaros Fords, S2000 and even an old Viper in snow. It just takes some decent snow tires and some common sense. I have always found stopping and traffic were the biggest issues driving in snow and AWD doesn't help there.

Funny story... the only time I was ever able to break the rear tires loose on my S2000 was on ice and then it was only for about 4 feet. An S2000 has about enough torque to mix paint, if it isn't too thick.

My family doesn't trust me to drive in snow any more... and I can't say that's all bad.

Sponsored

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I drive all year round, but since I work from home I don't need to commute everyday. If the weather is bad, I usually don't go anywhere unless I absolutely have to. I have the car Krown sprayed annually and have done this since I bought the car new.... also wash it on a weekly basis. Not a spec of rust anywhere, when I tell people I drive my car all year they don't believe me - I guess they expect it to be a rust bucket? Throw on a good set of winter tires and have fun.

OP
OP
Mavro

Mavro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not drive my Mustang in the winter, mostly because of salt on the roads. But, in past years rear wheel drive cars were all I had. I've driven Vettes, Camaros Fords, S2000 and even an old Viper in snow. It just takes some decent snow tires and some common sense. I have always found stopping and traffic were the biggest issues driving in snow and AWD doesn't help there.

Funny story... the only time I was ever able to break the rear tires loose on my S2000 was on ice and then it was only for about 4 feet. An S2000 has about enough torque to mix paint, if it isn't too thick.

My family doesn't trust me to drive in snow any more... and I can't say that's all bad.
Nowadays all cars come with traction and stability control so rear wheel drive isn't as bad as most people think. Honestly the only time I fish tail is when I have to press gas and turn from a stop. I'd still slip with a front wheel drive but a bit less.

OP
OP
Mavro

Mavro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I drive all year round, but since I work from home I don't need to commute everyday. If the weather is bad, I usually don't go anywhere unless I absolutely have to. I have the car Krown sprayed annually and have done this since I bought the car new.... also wash it on a weekly basis. Not a spec of rust anywhere, when I tell people I drive my car all year they don't believe me - I guess they expect it to be a rust bucket? Throw on a good set of winter tires and have fun.
Lol yea people think we must be crazy.
I wash mine at least once a month to get any salt off.
Sponsored