danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
The Coyote motor is a Bullet proof
Motor so don’t know why people would be scared of SC on them. I mean damn the Shelby performance division puts SC on their cars and trucks all the time. Sorry can’t agree with the SC add on ruins the value much more than just the typical loss of value on a vehicle. I have the Shelby Super Snake with a SC on it and now it’s not valuable? Nah others may want to steal your pride and joy and tell you so but professional installation and cherry clean car you will get good money. But yeh crappy installation and abuse your ride sure it’s going to show and scare people.
06E743DA-F49A-427E-96DE-4A1C35184241.jpeg
I agree coming from the factory with a SC doesn't change the depreciation. But, adding a HP part like the SC as an aftermarket ?
Sponsored

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I agree coming from the factory with a SC doesn't change the depreciation. But, adding a HP part like the SC as an aftermarket ?
You wanna a have fun or count beans ? If you are asking about the money part than you can't afford it same way as you can't afford a mustang if you are asking how much its MPG is. We both know we didn't buy our Mustangs because they are practical or have amazing MPG we bought them for there SPG. So if owning a SC Mustang will make you smile go with it. If not then spend your hard earned dollar elsewhere but resell value shouldn't be a concern you can always remove the SC and sell it here in the ads section and sell the car as not SC one for KB value.

Maglin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Because you asked the question means you are already thinking it does. Now apply that logic to other future mustang purchasers. It's rather simple. It's a known fact that a overly large percentage of "Mustang" owners are super picky about almost everything.

That being said. I don't think you purchased your car for it's resale value. It's 100% about SPM (Smiles per Mile). If you want the added power go for it. If your concerned about it hurting your resale value then don't.

You only have to convince yourself if it's something you want/need to do.

Maglin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I see what you did there! The wife and I did a thing 15 years ago that has been a massive contributing factor in keeping our marriage of 19 years now. We separated our moneys. I don't ask her for permission to spend my money and she doesn't ask for mine for hers. We each pay our fair share and come together for large family purchases.

That being said I told her 18 years ago I wouldn't purchase a car without at least telling her first. (I had purchased a car with "OUR" money without asking her) So last year I said to her "Honey I'm getting a Mustang next week". She was like "OK, but you have to get rid of 4 of your cars and the other mustang." I replied with "I'll get rid of 3 vehicles and keep both mustangs." Give and take. I have an 85 Fox that is my Drag car as well as my 19' GT DD.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
lol ^^^ same but different...wife and I split household expenses, but have a $1,000 personal limit as long as it does not affect the afore mentioned household.

this was tested handily a few years back when “one of us” found ourselves in an eBay bidding war over a Honda RC51 (google it if you don’t know) and I ended up winning the dam thing :crazy:

anything over that requires approval of the opposing party...good stuff man!

turbopk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pk
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT AT
In my experience of buying and selling performance cars over the years. I have learned that there are two types of performance vehicle buyers.

1. Wants stock, factory boosted, preferably warranty.
2. Wants modded, built, turn-key. 1000hp+ car

My recent 19 GT purchase is stock and under warranty/extended.

I have owned two MKIV Supra's, both turbo/6spd MT, one was bone stock, the other I bought fully built 800whp.

From that experience the stock was a better car, didn't have any issues, wasn't molested/beat on. I only did the typical bolt ons, I/E/ tune on 91 pump.

* Go look up the asking price for an MKIV( 93-98) Supra, especially bone stock. The prices are mind blowing!

The built one was a blast... until things started to break.

...I want to mod it( 19 GT)... but I also already know myself that within 1-2 years I will want something new. So I may just leave it as is and keep the miles down. I work from home so I don't have to drive it much.

I think at least for me, stock, boosted and a warranty is ideal. C7 Z06, GTR, Shelby GT500...

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Love it. I called my wife and asked her if I should buy the roush p2 kit. She asked if it would make me happy 😃.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Love it. I called my wife and asked her if I should buy the roush p2 kit. She asked if it would make me happy 😃.
i should probably mention this was the second 2018+ I had bought within two years. Both had blowers on them. Buy what you want and beat the shit out of it. It’s a mustang, not a collectors item :)

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
It only matters if you can not afford it.

Sponsored

NotQuiteAverageJoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
Step one remove blower step 2 put back to stock then sell it as never been modded.
You forgot step 3, sell blower to recoup some of the original cost!

NotQuiteAverageJoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS
When I was looking around to buy mine, all the supercharged Mustang's were going for at least 5-7k more than their N/A counterparts, so while you probably won't get the full payback you can recoup some of the cost as long as you're patient and sell it yourself. Dealers tend to dislike aftermarket mods as it reduces the market.

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Em
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
You would need to find a buyer who wants to pay more than the dealer. Supercharger or not doesn't add to the value imo unless you find a private buyer who's looking for a supercharged car...

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
Just curious..
What does the Supercharger do to the value of a relatively new Mustang GT? Increase or Decrease its value?

Also, this would be on a PP2
Dont care. I like it and still have a warranty
Sponsored