danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Just curious..
What does the Supercharger do to the value of a relatively new Mustang GT? Increase or Decrease its value?

Also, this would be on a PP2
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Mods decrease value and a supercharger is a big red flag. You aren't adding a supercharger to drive old ladies to bingo. You might find somebody who appreciates your mods and will pay something extra for them. But, I wouldn't bet the grocery money on that happening. If resale is important to you, buy a car that comes from the factory with a supercharger. You will come out ahead, in the long run.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Mods decrease value and a supercharger is a big red flag. You aren't adding a supercharger to drive old ladies to bingo. You might find somebody who appreciates your mods and will pay something extra for them. But, I wouldn't bet the grocery money on that happening. If resale is important to you, buy a car that comes from the factory with a supercharger. You will come out ahead, in the long run.
Why is a SC a red flag?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
If I see an aftermarket supercharger on a car I expect the car to have been beaten on/run hard which means bad things for parts reliability or possible hidden damage. Plus now that it has a SC and a tune the warranty could be voided and that can be a big deal for some people.
Not if it comes with a warranty.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
If I see an aftermarket supercharger on a car I expect the car to have been beaten on/run hard which means bad things for parts reliability or possible hidden damage. Plus now that it has a SC and a tune the warranty could be voided and that can be a big deal for some people.
^^^^This^^^
No one wants a car that could/will give trouble soon after it is purchased.
If it is fairly new and sitting on a lot, you should wonder why it is there already.

Try taking a car to trade and the mechanics can see where nuts and bolts
have been removed or items have been replaced.
Most times the value of the car will drop because people don't
want to buy someone else's problems and the dealer won't want
to fool with it.............. :sunglasses:

Sponsored

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Just wondering even if it's a Roush installed at the dealer

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Resale value ainā€™t a selling point, ever...unless of course, you are convincing your accounting department aka; wife šŸ˜‚
Can't say that currently with prices higher than what most people paid

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Adding a supercharger reduces the selling market. But plenty of people will pay top dollar for a supercharged car. Just gotta be patient and wait for that right buyer.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Adding a supercharger reduces the selling market. But plenty of people will pay top dollar for a supercharged car. Just gotta be patient and wait for that right buyer.
.......good point...........:crazy:

OP
OP
danno1

danno1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Yeah I guess you can lose money 2 ways... buying a supercharger then possibly losing on resale

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Yeah I guess you can lose money 2 ways... buying a supercharger then possibly losing on resale
You only live once. I lost money when I sold my 15GT. But being one of the fastest street cars at Atco was pretty entertaining. I donā€™t look at cars as investments. They are either for fun. Or just to get from point A to point B.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Take it from everyone who has done it - not just with an S550, but any prior Mustang or any other prior vehicle ....

You'll always, always, always lose your ass on mods... period. You'll lose on the resale end or the trade in. If you don't have the car insured properly, you'll lose your ass there too if/when you have a total loss claim.

It's not to say "don't mod", you asked the question and the above and what others have said is truth.

Doesn't matter if the supercharger comes with has left of its warranty or if the car was covered by any type of warranty that remains - fact of the matter is, adding a turbo, 2 turbos or a supercharger isn't to leave the car parked... it's done to whoop on it and feel that power - and/or to use the car at track events.

If the car is put up for sale - it's a niche vehicle that someone who wants a modded car will pay for it, but they're not going to pay top dollar and you won't recoup the mod money vested. Then there's the folks who see a supercharger or turbos and just pass completely without even an interest.

It's your money, your car - don't let us sway your decisions; just putting out the facts having been in this hobby since the early 80's... Nothing changes over time except the cost of vehicles rising as well as the mod parts and the money needed to "play" when something goes south.
Sponsored