Yes, and with great ease. It was absolutely maddening in my wrangler :rolleyes:
Sponsored

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
On a more serious topic, any good vendors for trunk liner that can keep things from sliding all over the place. I constantly have issues with 435 HP throwing my things all over the trunk.
I got one from Ford. Doesn't stop things from shifting 100% but it works pretty well.
(Then again, things are being thrown around in the car a whole lot when I am cruising :p)

LMstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible (auto)
Ok.. Can anyone confirm the 16 GT convertible back seat folds down? I'm not seeing any tags/levers in the front or back.. in thinking maybe the vert back seat doesn't drop?

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Ok.. Can anyone confirm the 16 GT convertible back seat folds down? I'm not seeing any tags/levers in the front or back.. in thinking maybe the vert back seat doesn't drop?
Only time I'm aware that Ford offered folding back seats in a Mustang "Convertible" was in 1994 and maybe 95. Don't know if FOX Verts folded down or not, but it was a short offering on SN-95 before Ford discontinued it.

Doug

LMstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only time I'm aware that Ford offered folding back seats in a Mustang "Convertible" was in 1994 and maybe 95. Don't know if FOX Verts folded down or not, but it was a short offering on SN-95 before Ford discontinued it.

Doug
Thanx. I need just a tiny bit more room in the vert trunk.. And would be awesome if the seat folded down. But it ain't happening

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Thanx. I need just a tiny bit more room in the vert trunk.. And would be awesome if the seat folded down. But it ain't happening
Yeah, but you can put down the top and load the back seat up....:thumbsup:

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Lots of luggage room for two people in the convertible. My wife and I traveled south to Florida for the winter. We fit lots of small soft cases in the trunk. Lowered the top and fit in two really large suit cases into the back seats. They were so large that they would not fit through the doors with the front seats tipped forward. Even left room for coats.

OP
OP
khannected

khannected

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sohaib
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT

Doug
I'm assuming it was because of the lack of rigidity. Since the roof is gone, I'm guessing that having the seats permanently mounted makes up for the lack of structural rigidity. With the roof gone AND the back seats foldable (open area), the car would just be a hollow metal tub that has the rigidity of a sponge. Ford may have realized this in 95-96 and stopped it immediately haha.

That's my guess for why verts don't have fold down seats.

LMstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah..I play cello and if I had like 3 more inches (story of my life) I could fit my case in the trunk. As it is now I usually just drop the top and lay it cross-ways on the back seat.

OP
OP
khannected

khannected

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sohaib
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT
Yeah..I play cello and if I had like 3 more inches (story of my life) I could fit my case in the trunk. As it is now I usually just drop the top and lay it cross-ways on the back seat.
Lol ouch

Sponsored

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
I'm assuming it was because of the lack of rigidity. Since the roof is gone, I'm guessing that having the seats permanently mounted makes up for the lack of structural rigidity. With the roof gone AND the back seats foldable (open area), the car would just be a hollow metal tub that has the rigidity of a sponge. Ford may have realized this in 95-96 and stopped it immediately haha.

That's my guess for why verts don't have fold down seats.

Well this maybe, and the top needs someplace to go when down which minimizes the usefulness of folding seats somewhat.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Well this maybe, and the top needs someplace to go when down which minimizes the usefulness of folding seats somewhat.
This is what I'm thinking as well ... there was maybe a much smaller "pass-thru" on the '94 Vert (top up or down) that they thought why are we doing this ??

Looking at the 1994 Brochure (hoping to maybe find a picture) it states that the Conv. fold down seat was also 1 pc (not split like coupe).

So I grabbed the 1995 Brochure and low and behold it says "fixed rear seat" for Conv. so yes this confirms that it was one year only.

Doug

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I'm sure it's this, because I can't see how the seats and/or the seat frames would provide any structural rigidity.

Side note: the convertible comes with a massive rear brace that really stiffens things up (and incidentally, is the reason some aftermarket exhausts don't fit).

I've had coupes, convertibles and targa roof cars (with various levels of suspension/power tuning), and the S550 convertible chassis is pretty fantastic.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Hey the cello is pretty cool! (Especially limoncello:-) Three more inches would be really nice. My lovethedrive drive windscreen doesn't fit in the truck because of the stock sub woofer. My wife volunteered to crawl underneath it on the rear seat so we good get SoCal Rich back to the hotel on the SoCal NorCal meetup last year. THAT was a seriously fun trip.:cheers:

Khannected, saw a Hops game last year on a road trip. It was a ton of fun.:cheers:

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
We go grocery shopping in mine often, and have absolutely no problem fitting everything in the trunk. My wife has been impressed with the trunk space so far. Took a trip last year with her and all the luggage fit back there, including the largest suitcase from our set.
Sponsored