corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
All that stuff and no folding chair? Sounds like you hafta to get there about an hour early to unload :)
Heh . . . it usually ends up being a race to finish unloading before my coffee goes stone-cold.

When I bring wheels and tires over to my tire guy for mounting/remounting/balancing/etc., I sometimes joke about having a "track day shop truck", pulling bagged tires and wheels from wherever I can fit them. Not sure what the biggest payload here ever was.

Norm
Sponsored

BosMus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I regularly put a 7'9" surfboard in mine, you can either go through the trunk or just put it in your passenger seat, leaving the trunk completely open for any other gear. Being able to fold down the back seats really opens up the possibilities.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I can fit my full size golf bag and a fold up push cart.
golf push cart.jpg
pDSP1-24806315v750.jpg

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
^^ this.
I can fit two golf bags and a push cart, if I am too lazy to take the cart out.
If I fold the rear seats down.. WOAH!!! two push carts and two bags!!
Being able to fit two golf bags was a must on my list.

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
try doing that in the new camaro. Has a small opening and it LOST trunk space over last gen (11.3 cubic feet vs 9.1 cubic feet). Mustang 13.5 cubic feet

pldmlwirjxpzuwlwmuv7.jpg

OP
OP
khannected

khannected

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sohaib
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT
try doing that in the new camaro. Has a small opening and it LOST trunk space over last gen (11.3 cubic feet vs 9.1 cubic feet). Mustang 13.5 cubic feet

pldmlwirjxpzuwlwmuv7.jpg
One of the biggest reason I skipped the Camaro. Even though the camaro is supposedly the faster better handling car, I needed a daily driver that could hold a decent amount of stuff. That includes potentially a stroller and car seat comfortably. And I just prefer the looks of the mustang.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Brought home a 49" 4k tv on black friday, absolute biggest I could have fit in there.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
I've always owned cars (not trucks), so when I buy things being able haul them in my vehicle is a bonus.

I've had both a 13' and 17' folding ladders for years and could haul either of them in my 1994-up Mustangs with the seats folded down. The 13' I could always get in from the trunk side, the 17' had to go in from the passenger side with door glass down, seat folded and fully forward.

Fast forward to the new S550 era, and the 17' ladder can finally go in through the trunk opening ... thanks to the lower trunk opening combined with the flatter trunk floor (courtesy of the new IRS).

Bonus was I was also able to put the 13' ladder on the folded back seats !!

Doug
17 FT Ladder in Trunk.jpg
13 FT Ladder on Back Seat.jpg

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Trunk space in my vert is fantastic. My cousin has a 12 c5g vert and he couldn't believe how much trunk space there was in my Mustang he says he can't carry anything in his trunk or he can't put the top down

Sponsored

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Good but still pales compared to my '89 Fox body hatch that I got a day bed from Costco into!
Oh hell yes lol. I had a '85 5.0 and could fit all kinds of stuff back there. I think I even put the rear seats down and slept back there once or twice.

Our S550 trunks do offer some decent space though, but I have been bottle-necked from fitting things in through the trunk opening that would have otherwise fit if I could have just gotten them through in the first place. I made some decent hauls moving into my apartment with it though. And had plenty of room when I took some time off and drove back to CA, I had a duffel-bag with all my clothes back there, my laptop bag, and a shit-ton of camping gear no problem.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Oh hell yes lol. I had a '85 5.0 and could fit all kinds of stuff back there. I think I even put the rear seats down and slept back there once or twice.

Our S550 trunks do offer some decent space though, but I have been bottle-necked from fitting things in through the trunk opening that would have otherwise fit if I could have just gotten them through in the first place. I made some decent hauls moving into my apartment with it though. And had plenty of room when I took some time off and drove back to CA, I had a duffel-bag with all my clothes back there, my laptop bag, and a shit-ton of camping gear no problem.
Yea, while the trunk space is fairly large, the opening is the limiting factor. There's been a few times I had to resort to putting stuff on the backseat because the box was just big enough that it wouldn't fit through the opening.

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
Yea, while the trunk space is fairly large, the opening is the limiting factor. There's been a few times I had to resort to putting stuff on the backseat because the box was just big enough that it wouldn't fit through the opening.
Before my girlfriend got her SUV I let her talk me into driving all the way to Salt Lake to go to some reptile shop and get a tortoise. Of course the tank she wanted was already built and would not fit through the opening of that trunk. To cram that sucker in the backseat I had to slide my drivers seat all the way back and put it down, and slide the passenger seat all the way forward and tilt it as far forward as it would go. I just remember thinking man, it could have gone in the trunk if that opening wasn't so narrow. That and if we tore my seats trying to get it back there then this woman was going to end up walking back home lol.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I was pleasantly surprised the first time I opened the trunk on one. It's huge, and I think it's even bigger than my Lincoln LS I once had. It wouldn't fit my dog's kennel through that opening, though. Good thing my girl stepped up and got an Explorer Sport and solved that dilemma.

I would have loved a hatch option, but I'm sure there are reasons they didn't go that route.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Trunk space in my vert is fantastic. My cousin has a 12 c5g vert and he couldn't believe how much trunk space there was in my Mustang he says he can't carry anything in his trunk or he can't put the top down
Yeah, the convertible trunk space is pretty fantastic _and_ it has the same space, top up or down. I really don't like convertible designs that vary the space depending on the top position.
Sponsored