Sponsored

Mustang trunk space - impressed!

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Oh this car is wonderful. I actually use mine for business. The other weekend I had my son's car seat, the car cover and 6 boxes of merchandise for a trade show all stuffed in the trunk. Not to mention all the cleaning supplies I keep back there. In the back seat I was able to put posters for our booth. Everything we needed fit in the stang.

Makes me wonder why I still have a ram 2500 lol
Sponsored

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
Dude. You are missing out. There's so much room for activities lol

Take a look at your back seat, on the corners there are straps you can pull and your seat will come down.
I'm so excited! LOL

I'll try and talk the wife into "checking out the back seats" with me.

MattW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT w/ PP
The shop put the wheels and tires [in] large bags to keep everything clean, and I only had to drive a few miles from the shop to my house. And one wheel/tire had to ride in passenger seat, [,,,]
Obviously, the car was designed for weekend track events. :ford:

I assume the jack goes in the back seat.

MattW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT w/ PP
On a more serious topic, any good vendors for trunk liner that can keep things from sliding all over the place. I constantly have issues with 435 HP throwing my things all over the trunk.

stang-man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GTPP
My road bike fits, with the front tire removed.

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
On a more serious topic, any good vendors for trunk liner that can keep things from sliding all over the place. I constantly have issues with 435 HP throwing my things all over the trunk.
Try wrapping the stuff in old bath towels. Start your wrap on the bottom, go all the way around it, and let the item's weight on the overlap secure it.

Thought I had a picture of the pile of stuff that goes with me to a track day - two full-size tires, large flat storage box, another box for tools, floor jack & handle, some pieces of plywood and 1x1's, couple fire extinguishers, towels, old jacket, tarp, weights to hold tarp down, helmet in its bag, backpack with odds & ends, small soft-side cooler, cordless impact, extra fluids, bottle to bleed brakes into, glass cleaner & paper towels, GoPro stuff, datalog stuff . . . and then there's the overnight bag. Probably stuff I'm forgetting, or why I keep a checklist for each event.

Norm

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I keep some tools, a lithium battery jumpstarter, and air pump in a tool bag that I stuff into the driver side "wheel well." Doesn't move. For other miscellaneous stuff, like when I get groceries, I keep a clevercrate in the car (a crate that folds down flat) that keeps everything confined and prevents it from rolling all over the place.

If you think buying one of those rubber trunk liners is going to help, it won't I already tried that.

Crossroads

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP FRPP2
Try wrapping the stuff in old bath towels. Start your wrap on the bottom, go all the way around it, and let the item's weight on the overlap secure it.

Thought I had a picture of the pile of stuff that goes with me to a track day - two full-size tires, large flat storage box, another box for tools, floor jack & handle, some pieces of plywood and 1x1's, couple fire extinguishers, towels, old jacket, tarp, weights to hold tarp down, helmet in its bag, backpack with odds & ends, small soft-side cooler, cordless impact, extra fluids, bottle to bleed brakes into, glass cleaner & paper towels, GoPro stuff, datalog stuff . . . and then there's the overnight bag. Probably stuff I'm forgetting, or why I keep a checklist for each event.

Norm
All that stuff and no folding chair? Sounds like you hafta to get there about an hour early to unload :)

Some mobsters in Brooklyn have reported you can get three small dead bodies, or two fat mobsters in with the seats down. Hence the reason for heavy Mustang sales in NY NJ and FL. :clap2:

guncrazy72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP black on black
I laughed when I saw the box for my Roush axle backs two days ago. I thought there was no way in hell they would fit in the trunk. It seems that Roush measured the truck and made that damn box the exact size to fit back there! I love having a large trunk on this car.

Sponsored

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing I failed to put in the trunk so far was a large marine cooler. I had to put the front passenger seat back and sit it on the seat. Other than that I've always been able to load that baby up with pretty much anything.

SAL-E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Ruby Red
My wife has to use a wheelchair. While not our primary car, I needed to be sure it could serve as a backup, so when I went to look, I told the rep that if the transport chair (small wheels) would not fit, we were done. It fit with legs off, a 30 second job. Good to go!!
We have used it several times... not because we needed to, but because the wife wanted to go in the Mustang. Gotta love it!!

Edit: BTW... this is without folding the rear seats.

Last edited:

Fenderfreak145

Complaint Listener
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT PP
The rear seats fold down? F me...
Don't fret, it took me almost 3 years in my 14 before I found out that the rear seats folded down!

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Some mobsters in Brooklyn have reported you can get three small dead bodies, or two fat mobsters in with the seats down. Hence the reason for heavy Mustang sales in NY NJ and FL. :clap2:
bodyintrunk.jpg
Sponsored