Mustang trunk space - impressed!

khannected

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sohaib
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT
I'm moving this weekend. I figured I'd try to haul some stuff in my mustang. Folded the rear seats down and was able to fit 6 medium sized boxes, a 3 drawer chest, work bag, and some kitchen stuff, all while being able to see out my rear view mirror and keeping my passenger seat empty. I also have the shaker subwoofer in my trunk in case anyone was curious. That's just a little less than what I was able to fit in my wife's Camry. Who said a 2 door wasn't practical :D

What have you guys been able to fit in your mustang?
IMG_4794.jpg
IMG_4792.jpg
IMG_4791.jpg
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
It is huge for it's class.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Even the vert has the largest of the cars I was looking to purchase... and if I can't fit something in the trunk or put in the back seat through the door opening, I can drop the top and put it in the backseat that way (learned this trick the other day)...

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
I'm moving this weekend. I figured I'd try to haul some stuff in my mustang. Folded the rear seats down and was able to fit 6 medium sized boxes, a 3 drawer chest, work bag, and some kitchen stuff, all while being able to see out my rear view mirror and keeping my passenger seat empty. I also have the shaker subwoofer in my trunk in case anyone was curious. That's just a little less than what I was able to fit in my wife's Camry. Who said a 2 door wasn't practical :D

What have you guys been able to fit in your mustang?
When I swapped my PP wheels and tires for Velgen wheels and Bridgestone Potenzas, I was able to carry the four PP wheels with the Pirellis still mounted back home in the trunk with the rear seats folded down.

The shop put the wheels and tires if large bags to keep everything clean, and I only had to drive a few miles from the shop to my house. And one wheel/tire had to ride in passenger seat, but it was nice to not have to make two trips.

Our trunks are yuge. :cheers:

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
My friends were talking about how dumb I was for getting such an impractical daily driver. IDK why. The trunk is huge and can carry plenty, it has heated seats, BLIS and cross traffic, forward collision alert, GPS, handles great.... My only concern is how the summer tires will handle this winter but the few times I put it in rain/now mode it handled great in the rain.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Good but still pales compared to my '89 Fox body hatch that I got a day bed from Costco into!

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Trunk space supported my wife, dog and me on a ten day road trip. That's in a vert with the 201A. Sure like that! Looking forward to more trips this spring. The trunk space and range of the EB is a nice combo.

OP
OP
khannected

khannected

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sohaib
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT
My friends were talking about how dumb I was for getting such an impractical daily driver. IDK why. The trunk is huge and can carry plenty, it has heated seats, BLIS and cross traffic, forward collision alert, GPS, handles great.... My only concern is how the summer tires will handle this winter but the few times I put it in rain/now mode it handled great in the rain.
Yeah my family was saying the same but its surprisingly practical (minus the mpg :lol: ) Be careful with summer tires in temps below 50f. I have the 20" foundry wheels with summer Pirellis and I was caught off guard making a left at an intersection. Light turned green and I got on the gas a little too quickly and my back kicked out a good deal. Luckily there were no cars to my sides and I corrected it but its scary when you slide and don't intend to. Felt like 'that guy' on the road haha. Just take it easy on the gas and how fast you take turns and you'll be fine.

Good but still pales compared to my '89 Fox body hatch that I got a day bed from Costco into!
That would have been so cool if the S550 had a hatch! Though I'm not sure how that would have worked with the fastback roofline.

Trunk space supported my wife, dog and me on a ten day road trip. That's in a vert with the 201A. Sure like that! Looking forward to more trips this spring. The trunk space and range of the EB is a nice combo.
That is awesome. I was hesitant about taking the car to pick someone up from the airport but gave it a shot. Was able to slide in a large suitcase and a hand carry without folding the rear seats down and still had room left over on the sides. :)

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
I didn't even know the seats flip down.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Largest stuff I've put in my trunk.

1 Water Rower rowing machine. They don't come disassembled, so yeah an entire rowing machine. Bungied the trunk down because it definitely wouldn't fit with the trunk closed.

1 DeWalt air compressor, in a box. I think that was another one that didn't quite fit with the trunk open.

4x 275/35R19 Wheels and Tires. Two in the trunk, two in the backseat area with the seats folded down. These will fit with the trunk closed, but your car will smell like tire for a couple of days.

Sponsored
OP
OP
khannected

khannected

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sohaib
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT
I didn't even know the seats flip down.
Dude. You are missing out. There's so much room for activities lol

Take a look at your back seat, on the corners there are straps you can pull and your seat will come down.

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
I was actually impressed with my trunk space on Thursday. I made a run to ikea, got 2 lamps, a table top, drawer unit, and a 4x2 kallax storage unit all in the 'stang. Good shit.

Kenny_S550GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
When I bought mine, I didn't even bother looking at the trunk. When I first decided to use the trunk, I was really impressed with how much space there really is. Even more so when you' fold down the seats. Last car was a 2008 Evo X MR and that thing didn't have trunk space at all and didn't have fold down seats.

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
Get new friends.

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
In contrast to that, my 1990 LX notchback had just enough room for a carton of milk.
Sponsored