Quattrodave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
M140i, X5 40d, Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Very minor tweak done over the weekend. I’ve upgraded the pitiful Interior boot light to a more potent LED strip. Perhaps gone from one extreme to the other but at least I can see clearly in the boot in the dark now !

Also felt the need to complement this with a new boot mat as it’s so visible now !!

4F12B8E0-1B95-49AE-B7EB-E89BB2B2151C.jpeg
Hi there, been watching your thread with interest. Having only just recently bought an orange fury GT myself (even have the stripe but also the spolier!) with the 0% deal and a cracking discount.

I'm really liking the boot light and liner, do you have a link for those products please?

Many thanks

David
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Hi there, been watching your thread with interest. Having only just recently bought an orange fury GT myself (even have the stripe but also the spolier!) with the 0% deal and a cracking discount.

I'm really liking the boot light and liner, do you have a link for those products please?

Many thanks

David
Lots more planned too, so watch this space !

Boot liner was a genuine Ford part off EBay.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/272909798752

The LED strip lights for the boot I got the idea from a forum member in the States who’s down this and has written the most thorough write up of his many Mids I’ve ever seen.

These are the lights I bought.
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/183061007025

Relatively easy install, pop out the current boot light, stick new lights to underside of boot, soldered in wires to existing boot light job done !

Last edited:

Quattrodave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Lots more planned too, so watch this space !

Boot liner was a genuine Ford part off EBay.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/272909798752

The LED strip lights for the boot I got the idea from a forum member in the States who’s down this and has written the most thorough write up of his many Mids I’ve ever seen.

These are the lights I bought.

Relatively easy install, pop out the current boot light, stick new lights to underside of boot, soldered in wires to existing boot light job done !
Thanks for the quick response and I'll definitely be keeping tabs on the thread :)

My last car was an M140 and I played with that a lot, seems mustangs have a much stronger community for personalising things!

P.S. I think you've duplicated the ebay links :)

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
Hi David,
I hope you don't mind me asking, but would mind saying what kind of a discount you achieved ?
Kind regards.
Barrie.

Sponsored

Quattrodave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi David,
I hope you don't mind me asking, but would mind saying what kind of a discount you achieved ?
Kind regards.
Barrie.
Hi Barry I got around 7% which I thought was relatively good especially when combined with the 0% finance. The hardest thing was getting a full tank of fuel thrown in too, but we got there eventually :)

Kind Regards

David

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
Hi Barry I got around 7% which I thought was relatively good especially when combined with the 0% finance. The hardest thing was getting a full tank of fuel thrown in too, but we got there eventually :)

Kind Regards

David
Thanks, may have a look for a new one myself.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
With those wheel spacers fitted (which makes the car look a bit odd to my eyes) you run the risk of an MOT failure / fine. Realistically you probably will not, but just be aware of it. No tread should be visible past the bodywork which is why you sometimes see small plastic spats fitted on wheel arches when makers fit wider tyres.

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
With those wheel spacers fitted (which makes the car look a bit odd to my eyes) you run the risk of an MOT failure / fine. Realistically you probably will not, but just be aware of it. No tread should be visible past the bodywork which is why you sometimes see small plastic spats fitted on wheel arches when makers fit wider tyres.
I’ll feedback to you on whether this was an MoT issue or not in 3 years time :angel:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia
Too advantage of a dry (ish) weekend so gave it a clean yesterday and took some pics of it slightly dirty again ! This is how it sits now it’s been lowered and spaced.

82BE1C24-25F7-47F0-B191-92B300F32CAB.jpeg
9DF7271F-11F7-43F5-B298-5A57EB607F5A.jpeg
5E39EFF5-06E1-4EA7-92EB-2EB72F0CF342.jpeg
DA555B00-AD79-49EE-8C4A-2F220F476B68.jpeg
F328A38B-C2D0-481E-B3C7-7337359585E3.jpeg
0687F0CB-FE36-45DB-B790-DB7D27C95C6D.jpeg
EFD3C968-09BD-4DA6-9B51-4FF7C86B921C.jpeg

Typical, popped in house to get phone and came out to find massive bird poo on the bonnet !

0DE508C3-26F0-4C39-8E7C-8D9696B1F116.jpeg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I reckon that bird bomb landed whilst you were driving ... lol :wink:

Could I ask a few favours ? :like:

How much smaller did you need to make the front plate for it to sit on the ‘flat’ part of the bumper ? Does it look ‘small’ to the eyes of a copper ?

Just interested in the H pipe - I have a steeda h sat in a box and by eye it looks quite a bit shorter, yet the kick out in one tube where it heads to the rear silencer looks a similar length from the rear end of the pipe ? What’s the total length of that pipe from end to end ?

Cheers,

WD :like:

ps : Who are people using for online photo hosting now photobucket got greedy ?

OP
OP
Alfa Male

Alfa Male

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Giulia

Could I ask a few favours ? :like:

How much smaller did you need to make the front plate for it to sit on the ‘flat’ part of the bumper ? Does it look ‘small’ to the eyes of a copper ?

Just interested in the H pipe - I have a steeda h sat in a box and by eye it looks quite a bit shorter, yet the kick out in one tube where it heads to the rear silencer looks a similar length from the rear end of the pipe ? What’s the total length of that pipe from end to end ?

Cheers,

WD :like:

the number plate was from Fancyplates and is 3/4 size. The height is precisely the same height as the flat part of the front bumper. Road Traffic Police ? Didn’t they get disbanded a few years back ?

I’ll measure the H pipe tomorrow. I went for the Mishimoto pipe as it was notably cheaper than the rest, it is after all just a piece of pipe ! Looks very well made and finished.

Quattrodave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

I use IMGBB. seems to have similar functionality to pb and is easy enough to use (go for "bbcode thumbnail linked" to add a viewable photo link to your post).
Sponsored