ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Just take a look at the S550 crash images and you'll see where all the weight is. They are remarkably robust knowing many mustang drivers will hit trees and roll them etc I suppose haha.

There's no place I'd rather be aside from S Class etc....certainly not a GTI or similar.
Yup.
And these trucks that are light are unit body small suv/crossover platforms that are designed and markets to the person that might goto ace/home depot,lowes, menards,etc and pick up a few bags of mulch, a griil, lawn mower, or camping gear. That want a bed that is easier to clean out than the back of a small suv/crossovers interior.
The rec cab pre yuppy truck fad, when a truck was a basic low optioned vehicle with a bed, were light, Even a v8 f-150 reg cab, 2wd truck. but that same truck once you stated adding options and then all the safety gear that came later is a lot heavier , todays real trucks are tanks.
Forget the curb weight decal go have it scaled . That 4 door loaded f-150 isn't 4200 lb's. maybe a bare bones fleet ordered truck, maybe, in 2wd and the tiny n/a v6.
Most are 4x4 and loaded 4 doors no matter the powertrain are 5400+ lb.
The 2019 f-150 3.7 v6 4x4 4 door loaded truck I used to take scrap to the yard was 5611 lb empty bed
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Yeah all so they canncircumvet EPA economy stantadrd and penalties as trucks are different rule set.

I would take a unibody truck any day over cab on chassis that I learned to drive on at 13 and floated down country gravel roads at 90 MPH as a teen haha. If I need real hauling done I'll call the guys with real trucks haha. As it is I will never drive a truck unless it's a Raptor in Europe LOL.
Well, good for you.
I'm not judging, but your post make you sound like an entitled rich yuppie.
Rich are loud, wealth whispers.

Rick#7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 50 Years Appearance Package
Funny, I remember the Mustang II Cobra being criticized for it's weight at 3000 lb, and that was a huge reduction from the previous gen Mach1, which was also called a pig pushing 3400- 3500 lb.

jdsfly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost, A10
Vehicle Showcase
Funny, I remember the Mustang II Cobra being criticized for it's weight at 3000 lb, and that was a huge reduction from the previous gen Mach1, which was also called a pig pushing 3400- 3500 lb.
I owned a 76' Cobra, 302, 4speed manual. If I recall, the weight criticism of it was because people thought it was heavy, for it's small size. It probably had the smallest exterior dimensions of any mustang. It's 302 2 barrel was rated at 135 HP, so acceleration wasn't it's forte. It had decent handling though. That was the first of all the V-8 Mustang's I've owned. I had the 76' Cobra, a 79' Cobra, an 84' GT350, an 89' GT, an 06' GTA, and my current 18' Ecoboost.

Sponsored

metalmadman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT with Recaro bucket seat option.
Sorry for replying to old thread but I felt a need. I traded a 2020 Camry XSE with 2.5L for a 2023 Mustang GT 5.0. with six speed. I have pics of it on here. 3400 pounds for the Camry and 3700 for the Mustang. That said, door jam says 4700. I don't know if the internet is right or the door jam. If my Mustang is 3700, then it is only 300 pounds difference, which can be explained by the V8. In any case, my Mustang is insane! LOL 300 more pounds of weight backed up by 247 more horsepower. Yeah, I love my car. 61 years old and FINALLY have one. I got my dream, Muscle Car, before I breathed my last. Now I had my Camry up to 133 mph. I have had the Mustang to 140 mph. I bought it used with 1965 miles. I have a stock GT with Recaro racing seat option. Have not figured out how I got the seats without the PP1 or PP2 option. I have the window sticker and it shows the seats as a option.

metalmadman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
If you could put a Coyote in a Mustang II, well, there you go. Four point roll bar. You would have Two Lane Blacktop all over again. I had a friend that had a 350 in a Vega. Talk about a wild ride. Four point roll bar, no rear seat. Fond memories.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Sorry for replying to old thread but I felt a need. I traded a 2020 Camry XSE with 2.5L for a 2023 Mustang GT 5.0. with six speed. I have pics of it on here. 3400 pounds for the Camry and 3700 for the Mustang. That said, door jam says 4700. I don't know if the internet is right or the door jam. If my Mustang is 3700, then it is only 300 pounds difference, which can be explained by the V8. In any case, my Mustang is insane! LOL 300 more pounds of weight backed up by 247 more horsepower. Yeah, I love my car. 61 years old and FINALLY have one. I got my dream, Muscle Car, before I breathed my last. Now I had my Camry up to 133 mph. I have had the Mustang to 140 mph. I bought it used with 1965 miles. I have a stock GT with Recaro racing seat option. Have not figured out how I got the seats without the PP1 or PP2 option. I have the window sticker and it shows the seats as a option.
The 4700 on the door is the GVWR, or gross vehicle weight rating. That's basically just how much weight the vehicle can carry before you have problems. Most S550 GT's actually weigh somewhere between 3750 and 3900 depending on options.

metalmadman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
The 4700 on the door is the GVWR, or gross vehicle weight rating. That's basically just how much weight the vehicle can carry before you have problems. Most S550 GT's actually weigh somewhere between 3750 and 3900 depending on options.
Thank you for replying. I was thinking that but did know for sure.

Sponsored

Ozcraig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic GT Coupe
Yeah, one of my biggest gipes with the S550...
My S197 got a type certificate for 1575 kg while the Bullitt comes in a "road hugging weight" of 1758kg. Or for imperial units: 2.4306x10^7 grain and 2.71301x10^7 grain respectively. :)
Yeah ok, it comes with more stuff, but the S197 is a Premium GT too.

I would have used ounces, but there are troy, fine, medicine, liquid ounces, next to stone short and long tons or bushels.
Your whole American audience has no idea what you just said LOL.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
If you could put a Coyote in a Mustang II, well, there you go. Four point roll bar. You would have Two Lane Blacktop all over again. I had a friend that had a 350 in a Vega. Talk about a wild ride. Four point roll bar, no rear seat. Fond memories.
Yep. A friend had a Monza with a stout 383 stroker in the '90s, same situation. What a circus.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Your whole American audience has no idea what you just said LOL.
When people start saying KG, or KPH, I just assume they are talking about voodoo and stop listening.

I mean at least Europe was close to right with meters, they are only three inches off (ish) the proper measuring unit, a yard. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

metalmadman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
Yep. A friend had a Monza with a stout 383 stroker in the '90s, same situation. What a circus.
That's cool. Yeah, the torque of a stroker is where it's at. Those were insane days. LOL Loved every minute of it. Motion had a swap kits back in the day. Knew a guy that had a stroker in a Chevy Luv pickup. Ford 9 inch, the whole nine yards. That thing was beast. My Mustang reminds me of all of that, but now I'm driving. I'm having as much fun as I can in it. I still can't believe I finally got one. Just awesome car. Reminds me of the GT500, Z/28 and others back in the day. I had a chance to ride in a Ferrari GTB 308 once. V12 downdraft carbs. The sound of that motor going down I-35 was awesome. Car guy for life right here. The exhaust on my Mustang, love that sound. Sound SOOOO GOOD!

metalmadman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
When people start saying KG, or KPH, I just assume they are talking about voodoo and stop listening.

I mean at least Europe was close to right with meters, they are only three inches off (ish) the proper measuring unit, a yard. :crackup::crackup::crackup:
LOL I can't to do that Metric stuff either. 61 too old to learn. Though I do build my own computers. Have had one since 1998.
Sponsored