Mustang Ecoboost HPP (High Performance Package) Modifications Log

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
Yup. It then goes into the factory Y and resonator. Would be nice if someone made a 3 to 2.25 Y but I don't remember seeing that
No resonator with Active exhaust cars. Ford already deletes it. Also, the stock DP is 2.75" from the turbo to the inlet of the cat, after the cat it drops to 2.5" and then 2.25" into the Y pipe. The after market DP's are 3" all the way to the connector. The cvfab comes standard with the 3 to 2.25 but also offers a 3 to 3 if you were doing a full 3" turbo back exhaust. Here is my cold start to idle down with Active exhaust on normal with cvfab DP.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Elamcup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Ecoboost MT-82, Chassis N0078
Seems odd
There are a couple of companies that make full 3" systems that split into 2.25" or 2.5" tail pipes with mufflers. Borla and Mishimoto are 2 that I know of. I don't want those mufflers I want to keep the factory tailpipes and active mufflers.

Elamcup

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Ecoboost MT-82, Chassis N0078
No resonator with Active exhaust cars. Ford already deletes it. Also, the stock DP is 2.75" from the turbo to the inlet of the cat, after the cat it drops to 2.5" and then 2.25" into the Y pipe. The after market DP's are 3" all the way to the connector. The cvfab comes standard with the 3 to 2.25 but also offers a 3 to 3 if you were doing a full 3" turbo back exhaust. Here is my cold start to idle down with Active exhaust on normal with cvfab DP.
I see the MBRP XP exhaust. I just want the Y pipe inlet to be 3" and the 2 outlets to mate up to the factory tailpipes. I may have to go custom Y pipe. Maybe I can get Mishimoto to use my car for the prototype

elkwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Elkwood
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
How do you like it so far?
I picked it up the weekend of Nov 19th and drove it back. I put about 4500 miles on it so far and over all been very pleased with it. I love the heated seats and steering wheel!! Its 37F today and got to really enjoy that feature!!

Already modified it with tune/IC/Barton Hybrid slap stick shifter and a few other things.

Now it just comes to how far down the rabbit hole i want to jump in the area of mods....

Car_way_back.jpg

Engine_Mustang.jpg

elkwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Elkwood
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Oh yea and i can't say enough good things about Granger Motors where I ordered/Purchased the car. Really easy to deal with!!

Sponsored

elkwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Elkwood
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Looks amazing in silver!!

My silver HPP vert was built last week so another month or so. I got the 101A since always parked in climate control and wanted the funds for sound and custom upholstery....
Very nice !!! I was surprised at how fast mine shipped!! It wont be long till u have yours!!

elkwood

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Elkwood
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
Just picked up black on black 2020 HPP vert 201A with 5500 miles in perfect condition since dealer screwed up my order.

Will paint it...probably Iconic Silver, but will see if there is a better one. I heard liquid metal tricoat is perfect for black base...Mercedes Iridium supposed to be pretty nice have to look around.
Grats !! Hope you like yours much as i liked mine!! Have to post up pics!!

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Just picked up black on black 2020 HPP vert 201A with 5500 miles in perfect condition since dealer screwed up my order.

Will paint it...probably Iconic Silver, but will see if there is a better one. I heard liquid metal tricoat is perfect for black base...Mercedes Iridium supposed to be pretty nice have to look around.
I would consider wrapping it. The wrap will protect the paint below. When you're ready to sell, you peel the wrap and the car exterior looks brand new.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Drove it around a few hours today and love this car...drives like a Benz in quite mode just cruising and just rips WOT.

Suspension is near perfectly calibrated for daily sport. Seats are great.

Was parked for months. It does have a slight stuffy smell but clears out right away. Took to car wash no leaks etc....any ideas?
Check cabin air filter and replace it if you pull it
Pain in ass to do
Sponsored