SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Read the forum over time, road-tested the V8 auto, ordered the Ecoboost manual. (Due to pick up 1st week in March).
Welcome also :thumbsup:
Did you change your mind about ordering the GT or was that all there was available to test?
Sponsored

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Just been out for a bit of a spin, I genuinely play it so safe in these conditions its silly. I feel there is grip but I am not sure the car tells you when you are reaching the limits. I had a 911T and you knew when that was going........and then you paused. This thing seems to be on and off with no inbetween. I love it, like having a pet lion, cool but it might bite !

GOM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red Ecoboost coupe
Welcome also :thumbsup:
Did you change your mind about ordering the GT or was that all there was available to test?
Sort of right; only the V8 available, but knew would never take V8 to full potential (OAP). Not a driving god any more.

Undecided re: auto/manual (duff ankle) prior to test - actively didn't like auto box wanting to take control (v.personal view).

Previous RHD experiences over time include a myriad of geriatric jags (all rust buckets) and a brand new black 2 litre Capri S. Yup, I've lost the back end a few times; just don't need to do it any more.

Still love to dream, even while sitting in yet another interminable hold up on the motorway.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Sort of right; only the V8 available, but knew would never take V8 to full potential (OAP).
Me neither; just an itch I had to scratch. Now destined to forever be pouring petrol into the itch but I don't regret it ;)
Roll on March then!

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Me neither; just an itch I had to scratch. Now destined to forever be pouring petrol into the itch but I don't regret it ;)
Roll on March then!

It's that mid life crisis itch (well it has been for me now for about 10 years) - I felt the time was right to bag a new V8 I genuinely don't know if it's like will be built again. I admire hybrids and all forms that make cars go faster :) but pure NA V8 with just nothing but grunt and noise had to be done now!

Sponsored

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I tried to bring the mustang to work one day when there was a bit of ice about, I couldn't even get it on to the road :lol:
Whenever there is ice or snow about I just leave it at home and take the megane.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
OK, I am seriously considering buying a GT, but reading this thread has me worried about just how wayward the Mustang can be in the cold and wet. Obviously driving to the conditions is a must for every car, but it seems some are suggesting the back end can go without warning at any speed? Putting me off if I'm honest as I'll use it as a daily.
I think there is a bit of hyperbole going on in this thread, don't let it scare you from ordering a GT if you want one. With any performance car, just be patient and wary of your surroundings. An EcoBoost won't make you safer and a GT won't out you on the chopping block. Hell I work in hebburn and drove to work from Sunderland with two to four inches of snow as my starting point in my five-oh and I'm still here. :)

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AgdyCglJtL5f2SFnNlssHl4Q_idt

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Agree, just take it steady when conditions are poor and you'll be fine. Mine is a daily. Have had a few moments, but this was down to me not respecting the car enough:doh:

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yep. The car is fine, you just have to realise that if you stamp on the throttle as you would in most other cars then it's very likely it'll break loose.

You can still give it a bit of welly but stamping on the thing definitely won't help.

pat_y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Coupe - Grabber Blue
It's that mid life crisis itch (well it has been for me now for about 10 years) - I felt the time was right to bag a new V8 I genuinely don't know if it's like will be built again. I admire hybrids and all forms that make cars go faster :) but pure NA V8 with just nothing but grunt and noise had to be done now!
Totally agree with the reasoning. I feel this is one of the last times you will be able to buy a manual v8 in what could be considered an old school format. Rwd/normally aspirated/petrol only. I'm sure this type of thing will become niche in future and will have a suitably niche pricetag as well. The world is changing and cars like this will not be widely available for ever.

Sponsored

robbob144

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately this is mine :( I came off the A38 onto the slip road I tried to brake but just ended up sliding all the way to the bottom where there is a 90 degree bend and hit the Armco :doh:, one of the guys I work with was about a minute behind me and he also slid down the slip road but luckily managed to regain grip and slow down just before the bend. The cars going into ford tomorrow and the insurance will deal with it from there, the damage doesn't look too bad on further inspection so hopefully everything will be alright.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately this is mine :( I came off the A38 onto the slip road I tried to brake but just ended up sliding all the way to the bottom where there is a 90 degree bend and hit the Armco :doh:, one of the guys I work with was about a minute behind me and he also slid down the slip road but luckily managed to regain grip and slow down just before the bend. The cars going into ford tomorrow and the insurance will deal with it from there, the damage doesn't look too bad on further inspection so hopefully everything will be alright.
No no no no no! Fuck man, It's so close to me as well, what road was it, it says the A38. Pzeros are rubbish for grip but fuck me, ice will have anyone, any dyre.

I really hope this is just the sake of a few bits of suspension and nothing major.

Ford at some point have to look at these tyres/handling and say something about them... :shrug:

if you need your stang fix, happy to go for a cruise in mine with you! Volvo for now then :(

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Bummer :(
So easy to do at this time of year in these conditions, in a big heavy car fitted with summer tyres (assuming you're still on PZs).
Hoping for the best for you.

NornIron91

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Sorry to hear that man, hopefully you get it sorted soon.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
My car has drag radials on the rear year round. when it rains i dont drive unless I absolutely have to, and when i do I'm extra cautious. I Don't drive in snow at all. Im fortunate that my workplace is 170 feet from my home, right around the corner so i can be more selective about when i drive! You cannot drive these cars fast in the rain no matter what tire you have....many have lost their cars and their lives thinking they can!
Sponsored