Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
From Kent Police on Twitter :(

Kent Police RPU
‏@kentpoliceroads
Started at 2pm an already our patrols have been to a number of crashes. Please slow down, there is a lot of standing water on the roads. JG.

C1-7-ClXEAUGF_x.jpg
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
From Kent Police on Twitter :(

Kent Police RPU
‏@kentpoliceroads
Started at 2pm an already our patrols have been to a number of crashes. Please slow down, there is a lot of standing water on the roads. JG.

C1-7-ClXEAUGF_x.jpg

Nooooo! [MENTION=8914]Big_G[/MENTION] showed me a shot of a 488 Crashed... stay safe everyone, wet and snow mode is there for a reason!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
I just took the M3 out instead today, not worth the risk of losing it or something losing it and crashing into you.

Mustang Cally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 Insignia 1998 Land Rover 110
And another one !
My mate just sent me this of one in a ditch five minutes up the road from me.
15965519_10154289137117986_2824747252263969469_n.jpg

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Nasty, I lost it big time leaving the roundabout on the road parallel to Marston airport last weekend, and I was in snow/rain mode.I was going sideways then it kicked me round straight.Scared the poo out of me.Stay safe the roads are lethal at the mo.

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Nooo! Not the grabber :( always pains me to see these. Shows you can never be too careful. snow/wet mode is a must!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is either a lot of FWD heroes buying these cars or the Mustang really has some inherent handling issue, though the factory Pzero tyres do not help in these conditions, but judging by the photos it just looks more like lack of experience with RWD and too much speed.

Mustang Cally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2013 Insignia 1998 Land Rover 110
It should be OK I think, sounds like he accelerated out of a side road onto the moor and the back end overtook him.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
It is either a lot of FWD heroes buying these cars or the Mustang really has some inherent handling issue, though the factory Pzero tyres do not help in these conditions, but judging by the photos it just looks more like lack of experience with RWD and too much speed.
That is what I am wondering as well. Isn't it pretty much damp over there all of the time anyhow?

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is what I am wondering as well. Isn't it pretty much damp over there all of the time anyhow?
Yeah is wet a lot here. When I owned mine last year it was on Pzero's and stock 410BHP. The car was always very nervous in the wet and unpredictable, due to Pzero and sloppy suspension the car has in the rear. The tyres at times felt like you were on ice and they'd just throw in the towel with no warning.

With the suspension sorted it became a lot more predictable and controllable, I stuck with Pzero as made no sense to ditch good tyres, so I just drove to the road conditions, the car limits and my limits. Was always fine, if I was not in the mood for catching slides I stuck it in wet mode which does a good job of bringing in the nannies sooner.

Now this winter I have 100HP more and MPSS tyres, yet I can put power down better, sub 3c wet weather and I can still boot the car in 2nd gear and not wheelspin, MPSS tyre helps a lot, but nothing will stop a crash if the person behind the wheel lacks experience of RWD, is an idiot or just gets unlucky, the best of us make mistakes at times. I've being very sideways at high speed in the wet, because of being a moron, I pulled it back, but sometimes we all get carried away but some experience helps as well, if it slides keep in the power or modulate it, just do not let off as the Mustang will bite due to its weight and sloppy rear-end.

The Mustang is not the best handling car in the wet even fully modified it was never designed for it, my M3 is vastly quicker in the wet, different league but they are certainly not death traps if driven to the conditions.

Problem with UK market is so many car owners here have never driven RWD so are coming from FWD cars with relatively low torque which weigh less. For such owners the Mustang is quite a learning curve, particular whilst on Pzero haha. :)

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
The former, I'd say.

I think S550 has bought a lot of folk over from other marques and it'll be the first time they've experienced RWD.

These cars don't just fall off the road. Sure, accidents happen, but drive like you've got an egg under the accelerator and that should help in the first instance!

It's gut-wrenching seeing these twisted S550s :(

KevD

0-60 Instructor Team DS.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
bob
Vehicle(s)
balls
The amount of time the mustang spends in UK fields, the government may change the classification to an agricultural vehicle.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The former, I'd say.

I think S550 has bought a lot of folk over from other marques and it'll be the first time they've experienced RWD.

These cars don't just fall off the road. Sure, accidents happen, but drive like you've got an egg under the accelerator and that should help in the first instance!

It's gut-wrenching seeing these twisted S550s :(

Agreed!

Lets hope on MY18 Ford ditch the Pzero and fit something that performs better in all conditions, we know they work with Michelin as the GT 350 and RS cars get MPSS and cup2 as standard.

Might help a little though nothing will help those who have no clue.
Sponsored