Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Has anyone had this happen?

I got back in from out of town, my brake recall letter has waiting for me. I called the dealer to setup an appointment I did that last Friday. This morning the dealer called and said they needed to inspect the car.

So has anyone had this happen?

Have them check OASIS for any recalls.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2000 Cobra R, 94 Lightning, 2020 GT500
Have them check OASIS for any recalls.
They saw the recall when I setup the appointment. the service rep said ford requires to inspect the bracket before ordering parts.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Has anyone had this happen?

I got back in from out of town, my brake recall letter has waiting for me. I called the dealer to setup an appointment I did that last Friday. This morning the dealer called and said they needed to inspect the car.

So has anyone had this happen?
If its in the oasis, no, they don't need to inspect the car.

They inspect it.... they determine the bracket is suspect, they keep the car until the new part gets in.

Don't do it. Do you want your car sitting in a dealers lot for a month?

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
If its in the oasis, no, they don't need to inspect the car.

They inspect it.... they determine the bracket is suspect, they keep the car until the new part gets in.

Don't do it. Do you want your car sitting in a dealers lot for a month?
That was my thought too. I’m going to call another dealer in the morning and see what they say. Plus call Gullo and ask why?

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
That was my thought too. I’m going to call another dealer in the morning and see what they say. Plus call Gullo and ask why?
Mine wasn't needed to be inspected, my service guy saw it in the system and ordered it.

steve2150

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
One thing is for sure...Ford didn't make the change because it increased manufacturing costs. This was a turd of a decision and apparently not properly vetted to boot. The fact that anyone that suffered a failure didn't get injured is a miracle. Color me shocked that Ford is in no hurry to notify owners (until November) that their braking system may, in effect, suffer a total failure at the moment it is needed most.

WTF Ford #29 and counting.
They did it to save money just like the single tone horn on the 2019's.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Mine wasn't needed to be inspected, my service guy saw it in the system and ordered it.
You don't have to use the selling dealership to have the work done.

It would help speed up the process if you drove the car to the another dealer and had him check OASIS and tell him you brought the car. This way it meets the criteria that allows the dealer to order the part immediately. You won't have to leave the car there, they will order the part and call you when it comes in.

NOTE: Parts are currently not available in sufficient quantities to repair all vehicles. Part orders can
be requested through the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) using the SSSC link at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen to repair vehicles that meet the following criteria only:

• Affected customer vehicles that arrive at your dealership.
  • New in-stock vehicles with a signed sales contract.
This is the defining part, arrive at your dealership. It doesn't say anything about having to be inspected or in for repair.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
just like the single tone horn on the 2019's.
Man, that is SO cheap! Not many things IMMEDIATELY make you think that more than a single tone horn. <shaking head>

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Man, that is SO cheap! Not many things IMMEDIATELY make you think that more than a single tone horn. <shaking head>
Unless your talking about a 69 Plymouth RoadRunner.

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
You don't have to use the selling dealership to have the work done.

It would help speed up the process if you drove the car to the another dealer and had him check OASIS and tell him you brought the car. This way it meets the criteria that allows the dealer to order the part immediately. You won't have to leave the car there, they will order the part and call you when it comes in.

NOTE: Parts are currently not available in sufficient quantities to repair all vehicles. Part orders can
be requested through the Special Service Support Center (SSSC) using the SSSC link at the bottom of the OASIS VIN report screen to repair vehicles that meet the following criteria only:

• Affected customer vehicles that arrive at your dealership.
  • New in-stock vehicles with a signed sales contract.
This is the defining part, arrive at your dealership. It doesn't say anything about having to be inspected or in for repair.
Another dealer read the letter at dealerships to me. He stated it says inspect the part and replace as needed. Plus something about quick and repeated stepping on the brake petal.

I went by the dealer and they are ordering the part. The car came home with me.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Another dealer read the letter at dealerships to me. He stated it says inspect the part and replace as needed. Plus something about quick and repeated stepping on the brake petal.

I went by the dealer and they are ordering the part. The car came home with me.
Replace as needed? I guess meaning if you just by some chance had the correct part installed you wouldn't need the service?

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Replace as needed? I guess meaning if you just by some chance had the correct part installed you wouldn't need the service?
I would like to see how they inspected it?

gfcobra04

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
I guess

I’m sure before they replace one they verify it requires replacement. Could ford be uncertain about which brackets are installed in our cars.