Sponsored

MT Head 2 Head - 2018 Camaro SS 1LE vs 2018 Mustang GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
the manual in the Camaro is way better then the mt82. how ever the new auto will stomp on the SS and make it eat pony shit lol
Well...the Camaro's auto is extremely similar to the Mustang's.
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
All this blather about who's better is just great, except that if they test them for more than 20 minutes at a time on track at 100% only the Camaro will be running, the 'stang will be parked in limp mode from overheating diff and/or trans. The SS 1LE includes coolers on all the running gear, Mustang PP2, just the engine oil heater thingie.

I cannot believe Ford would send out the PP2 as a competitor to the 1LE without including proper track cooling. Halo cars and all that shit is fine and dandy, but how about fixing an obvious shortfall with the Mustang as a track car? Did they not learn their lesson from the GT350 debacle? I think the Camaro is a butt ugly slug with piss poor ergonomics and worse outward visibility, but as a track weapon it's clearly the better of the two and cheaper too boot.

What overheating...?

Please explain how the new 5.0 Gen3 Coyote over heats, plz. Or where the old 5.0 over heated, plz...! (Seems you are confusing engines.)

I don't see where JohnD said anything about an overheating engine.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
And I have yet to hear about a major complaint about the Voodoo overheating. I've hit some high temps before but never to a point where it's in a danger zone. The Voodoo likes some heat too. 240 F for instance is nothing to get butt puckered over.

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Anyone have a link to the video?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I think price as tested was $49,670 using the build and price to get that exact price it came out as a

Orange Fury
401A
Performance Package 1
Magneride
Active Valve Performance Exhaust
Enhanced Security Package

So the numbers add up for it having Magneride, but it also sounds like they didn't put it in Track mode, just sport or sport plus
Jeezus 50 grand.
What the hell???

Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Jeezus 50 grand.
What the hell???
Well that's MSRP. I would never ever pay MSRP for a Mustang.

Same with Camaro. I am seeing leftover 2017 2SS's for $10K off MSRP. I would expect similar for leftover 18's loaded Mustangs when the 19's come out.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Has anyone with a regular GT ever gone into limp mode from over heating? I have yet to see a thread, there's actually multiple members here who race on 100 degree days and say their GTPP took it just fine.
It does just fine. The engine actually runs pretty well. The trans can get a little hot but that's an "issue" that is not isolated to a Mustang or a GT350. Corvette guys run into this a lot. Also, 11 - 14 cars would sometimes see trans temps creep into the 300 range but no safety measures were put into place. That glue like feeling in the shifter after 4 laps during an HPDE? Yep...3 hundo.

Ohthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Auto Lightening Blue
Vehicle Showcase
So who won it overall?

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone with a regular GT ever gone into limp mode from over heating? I have yet to see a thread, there's actually multiple members here who race on 100 degree days and say their GTPP took it just fine.
Mine gave me a warning but never got to the limp status, that was a pretty hot day on a track that's pretty hard on the rear end.

So who won it overall?
Maro.

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
So they didn't upgrade the tires on the Mustang to something you cant even get from the factory like they did when the press fleet worn Ecoboost curb stomped the 2.0 Camaro on the track then compared the times of those new tires without the Stang being there?

It's just like when the GTR smoked the Z06 and they brought back the Z06 with a fresh custom alignment and new tires on a nicer day. Amazingly after this, the number of full page ads by GM jumped from 3 to 5

Maybe Ford needs to buy 5 full page ads in General-Motors Trend too.

fkscreennames

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Magnetic Metallic
The 1LE is a fucking monster. Not shocked at all it beat the shit out of the PP1 Mustang.

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
So who won it overall?
The Camaro won every performance test. Its recorded better figure 8, better 0-60, better 1/4 mile time. It 'walked' the GT at Streets of Willow...Better than 3 seconds. The Camaro 1LE is as good as always was. As a performance metric this should come as no surprise...the Alpha Chasis was made to do exactly what this Camaro did. Sport car performance period.

While I still say the GT is the more comfortable and livable of the two, and they hinted as such...the Camaro is better performer. It won and it should have won because it has the numbers. Too much 'GT' in the GT.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The Camaro won every performance test. Its recorded better figure 8, better 0-60, better 1/4 mile time. It 'walked' the GT at Streets of Willow...Better than 3 seconds. The Camaro 1LE is as good as always was. As a performance metric this should come as no surprise...the Alpha Chasis was made to do exactly what this Camaro did. Sport car performance period.

While I still say the GT is the more comfortable and livable of the two, and they hinted as such...the Camaro is better performer. It won and it should have won because it has the numbers. Too much 'GT' in the GT.
PP2 will close that gap for certain. Lap is similar in length and tightness to Grattan.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

The Mustang did win all 25 times they tested it in the mile long race.

Apparently it has serious legs.
Sponsored