N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
you need a shifter. the stock shifter sucks, and yes getting locked out of high rpm shifts is pretty common
Is it ? Guess I have a unicorn stock shifter. 7500 rpm shifts never locked out.
When my clutch after 65k & 7 years started to wear, that's when I got lockout.
Gotta Mantic & HP release bearing, paired with my unicorn shifter, high RPM
shifting resumed.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Is it ? Guess I have a unicorn stock shifter. 7500 rpm shifts never locked out.
When my clutch after 65k & 7 years started to wear, that's when I got lockout.
Gotta Mantic & HP release bearing, paired with my unicorn shifter, high RPM
shifting resumed.
My 2020 would sometimes do it, it wasn’t consistent, and majority of the time it would shift ok. What finally pissed me off enough was doing a track day at Road Atlanta, everything was fine, was running consistently and car was performing flawlessly. It locked me out of 2nd on a 1-2 shift and later in the lap locked me from a 2-3.

When I got home and doing some research I found on here a lot of people having the same problem. If you shift slow, it’s not a problem, if you’re no lift shifting quickly it’s more prone.

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Back in 2007 I had a brand new GT with manual trans and it was all over the forums that because of the body mounted shifter some were having 2nd to 3rd gear missed shifts. I never experienced it but still replaced the liquid filled stock engine mounts with poly mounts and never missed a shift. With a stiff trans mount wouldn't you worry about the engine shifting and the trans staying put and breaking something?

Corporate_Rebel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 23 T Bucket 13 F150 07 Roadking
Here’s another question, does my 2022 Gt PP1 have no lift shift? Seems to be a lot of conflicting info out there about it.
My 2022 301A GT with the tech package and active exhaust has it, and I think pretty much all of them have since 2018 and up. So I would pretty much guarantee your PP1 would have it. Below is a snip from the 2022 manual. It may be something grouped with the tech package.

1706569876345.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
My 2022 301A GT with the tech package and active exhaust has it, and I think pretty much all of them have since 2018 and up. So I would pretty much guarantee your PP1 would have it. Below is a snip from the 2022 manual. It may be something grouped with the tech package.

1706569876345.png
Interesting. Ford told me no this morning but several people with ‘21 and ‘22 models have posted that they have it. I guess I’ll give it a shot. I think I have the 401a with performance pack

Corporate_Rebel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 23 T Bucket 13 F150 07 Roadking
Yeah just do a 6k full throttle shift in 2nd, but take your time with it so ensure it holds 6k.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Which one do you guys like? The FTB says I have to remove the NVH block on top of the trans which isn’t the biggest deal but at that point I’d just spent the $350 extra and get a full shifter
Are you referring to the black counterweight on the right side of the tranny? If so, it’s going to be very difficult to remove without lowering the tranny. If you’re lucky, you might be able to use a punch and knock out the retainer pin, but even then a portion of the shaft will still protrude.

Here are some pics of the cover/housing that holds the shaft and weights. I can’t locate the rest of the assembly to get a more accurate measurement of it fully assembled, but I would easily say add another 1.5“-2” to what the tape measure reads.

IMG_6177.jpeg

IMG_6176.jpeg

5doorsoffury

Threads
Reaction score
a forsaken branch of the wavefunction called ny,
First Name
this guy
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
fwiw i have a 22 gt base and i no lift shifted it the day i got it. i came from a turbo car with a n2mb wot box so i am really used to ONLY flat foot shifting at wot... so unless im power shifting i believe my 22 base has no lift shift. i posted mainly for the few people asking if a 22 has it since its apperantly a mystery if its all 22 gts or just pp.

OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Ordered the motul fluid. Going to buy the mgw shifter next month if that doesn’t fix it. Just bought the car last weekend and an engagement ring this weekend so fun money is limited right now and somehow I already have $1500 in mods I want to do haha.

Sponsored
OP
OP
sms2022

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
Also got the oil catch can. Next up is the mgw shifter then bullit grille to replace the upper and lower (block heater style) grille. Trying to decide whether to add the performance pack wing as there is one for sale locally in my color for a great price but the car was originally a special order spoiler delete.

expeditionroasters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt #4310 & 1968 Mustang Fastback Bullitt
I installed an MGW shifter on my '19 Bullitt and while it did make the shifts feel much better and a shorter throw I still get locked out going from 2nd to 3rd at high rpm's. Really kills the whole driving experience as everything else is enjoyable.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Sms,

Just make sure to take care of your lady a little bit more than the car. IF she ever thinks the car comes first, she and your ring will be down the road faster than the Mustang can go.

Just some ol’ man advice. Take it or leave it.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium

jd_cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Ingot Silver
I fixed my lockout issue with Trans mounted Barton hybrid 3 with braided shift cable.
This plus I also had to change out the fluid on mine and eventually needed a better clutch. But this was on my 2012 GT
Sponsored