MPT Tune Officially out

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I have the throttle body instead of spacers and 3.73 gears and ported manifold and I definitely feel the hp and tq gains
Get it on the dyno!
Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Can I ask what kind of mpg you are getting after the tune (any tune for that matter)? I want to get a tune since on the low end the car feels sluggish but being pure city driving my mpg doesn't go above 15mpg. You guys have no idea how envious I am when I see GTs posting +18mpgs.

superblur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
CAI = no horsepower
Muffler = no horsepower
Shorty Headers = 10 PEAK horsepower AT MOST

I doubt the throttle body spacer is doing much or else everyone with a 2011-14 cyclone would do it as well. Many have with little to no success.

Shortys add more torque down low and hardly any horsepower up top.
Regardless of the mods, close to 300 rwhp with a tune and not even full bolt on is awesome.

Reactions: JRR

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
You cant say a cai or mufflers arnt worth any power. Thats just bs. 20hp? No....but trust me...i did before and after 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile testing vefore all my mods, and cai, x pipe and mufflers all helped....aka...more power.

superblur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
You cant say a cai or mufflers arnt worth any power. Thats just bs. 20hp? No....but trust me...i did before and after 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile testing vefore all my mods, and cai, x pipe and mufflers all helped....aka...more power.
If you have any non-anecdotal evidence I will absolutely change my stance, but general consensus is aftermarket CAIs for the sound and engine bay look.

I could see you gaining power with an x pipe in place of the stock resonator because it's pretty restrictive. But OP doesn't have an X pipe so that's a moot point.

Sponsored

larry1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 guard
I shall dyno and and see if I'm over 300 rwhp and 300 rwtq since I've got quite a bit of mods than others and I'll keep you guys posted

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
Well my car dropped .3 in the 1/4 with my intake. Tested myltiple times, on the same road, under similar weather conditions, and similar launching and shifting patterns. But whatever....i guess im just making that up. Ps...not all intakes are created equal..

Artem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Artem
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT M/T

BMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7
Can I ask what kind of mpg you are getting after the tune (any tune for that matter)? I want to get a tune since on the low end the car feels sluggish but being pure city driving my mpg doesn't go above 15mpg. You guys have no idea how envious I am when I see GTs posting +18mpgs.
I was getting like 23 city and 35 highway with MPT, cars in the shop so I'm going off memory, I'll double check when I get it back

BMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7
Well in day to day driving i literally felt no difference with all my mods, really just gave me a nice sound. i would expect a bonestock 3.7 to dyno around 250-260, in fact that's what i see most stock 3.7's dyno at, mine with bolt ons and stock tune dynoed at 260hp, definitely recommend going to check out "stock 3.7 mustang dyno" searched on youtube, most of them are 11-14 since there's not a lot of videos of the 15 on a dyno, if any besides mine. but you'll see stock cyclones averaging 250-260 stock.

yes the mods I have add HP...but in day to day driving you'll never feel those gains since they are so minuscule, talking 10hp and i feel that's generous.

throttle body spacer- Makes a cool sound, no gains
Roush axelbacks- changes exhaust note, no gains
Airaid intake- I do believe an aftermarket intake to be a worthy mod since more air to the engine translates to higher HP, but without a tune i'd render it next to worthless
BBK shorty headers- Quote from BBK on a stock car with only shorty headers installed "shorty tuned lengths picked up 15 horsepower and 12 ft/lb torque (Dyno Run 008.drf)"

The only real gains you'll see on a N/A car is from making it force induction, or tuning it.

My car putting down stock 260 in the mpt video is probably pretty accurate for a stock 3.7 baseline, maybe my mods added 10 or so hp from headers but idk, seems right since the 2015's seem to dyno lower than the 11-14 platform.

I would love for any of you guys without bolt ons and stock tune to schedule a dynojet run, just to settle this so we can talk fact and not speculation

Sponsored

BMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7
Yes, 11.3 is ideal for max torque/power on N/A engine. But does it safe? That's the question you should worry about... I'm not trying to say that your tune is bad, I'm just looking out for you guys. Maybe MPT can step up and explain us a bit more about their tune?
Again i'm no tuner but from everything I've seen 11.3 being in the safe zone for N/A and the best power. this isn't MPTs first rodeo, I highly doubt a company with as good of reputation as them, who is known to be the best 11-14 3.7 tuner in the industry is going to put out a tune that is risky or dangerous, something like that could ruin a tuning companies business, they play it safe to protect their reputation and our cars from failing. Maybe they'll chime in on the subject of the AFR and mods.

but cant argue that everyone who has tried it has ruled it to be the best they've tried so far :thumbsup:

fordguys550

yep..."just" a V6
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 v6 6spd
I also picked up a few tenths when I did my x pipe/mufflers. interestingly enough, I lost time when I did my headers, until I did a data log, and had the tune changed for them. also, you cant look at just peak numbers....numbers gained under the peak count just as much

whatdoyoufeedit?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red EB A10 (Formerly 2016 3X Yellow V6 M6), 1996 Mercury Cougar XR7 4.6L A4 (Future Coyote swap candidate)
Well in day to day driving i literally felt no difference with all my mods, really just gave me a nice sound. i would expect a bonestock 3.7 to dyno around 250-260, in fact that's what i see most stock 3.7's dyno at, mine with bolt ons and stock tune dynoed at 260hp, definitely recommend going to check out "stock 3.7 mustang dyno" searched on youtube, most of them are 11-14 since there's not a lot of videos of the 15 on a dyno, if any besides mine. but you'll see stock cyclones averaging 250-260 stock.

yes the mods I have add HP...but in day to day driving you'll never feel those gains since they are so minuscule, talking 10hp and i feel that's generous.

throttle body spacer- Makes a cool sound, no gains
Roush axelbacks- changes exhaust note, no gains
Airaid intake- I do believe an aftermarket intake to be a worthy mod since more air to the engine translates to higher HP, but without a tune i'd render it next to worthless
BBK shorty headers- Quote from BBK on a stock car with only shorty headers installed "shorty tuned lengths picked up 15 horsepower and 12 ft/lb torque (Dyno Run 008.drf)"

The only real gains you'll see on a N/A car is from making it force induction, or tuning it.

My car putting down stock 260 in the mpt video is probably pretty accurate for a stock 3.7 baseline, maybe my mods added 10 or so hp from headers but idk, seems right since the 2015's seem to dyno lower than the 11-14 platform.

I would love for any of you guys without bolt ons and stock tune to schedule a dynojet run, just to settle this so we can talk fact and not speculation
Once I get a tune, hopefully I will be the first no bolt-ons tune person documented with at least 1/4 mile times/trap speeds (if I cannot do a dyno). The fastest 3.7 I have encountered was a S197 stock everything (no drag radials etc.) running 13.0ish - 13.4 in the 1/4 mile on nothing but a Bama tune.

JRR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
I think its a bit rich for NA car, my AFR at WOT is 12.1, idle and cruise is at 14.7. I do have have unleashed 93 tune tho. Technically, most torque created at 11.3:1 N/A and I assume thats why you guys feel that car pulling a bit harder with MPT tune than BAMA or Unleashed. IMO, I wouldn't wanna run 11.3 at WOT on my car...
looks like you two are running different fuels. Stoich for E10 is 14.13 instead of 14.7. The afr on the tuner display is inferred based on lambda. Make sure you are running the 14.08 afr pid, then after that you need to know the commanded lambda at that moment. It could be listed as lambse. At times the computer will go into cat over temp mode which triggers richer than normal airfuel ratios to keep the exhaust temp under control. That is where watching desired lambda comes in handy. The old days of afr are no longer accurate due to the change in stoich ratio with today’s fuel. .8 lambda used to be 11.712 afr. Now .8 is 11.264.

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
Id like to get feedback from someone who tuned a stock V6 as well
Sponsored