Barely breaking 20 mpg. Then again I live and work in the city
Sponsored

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
gas question

Hey just a question not sure if its been asked before but what octane gas are you guys running ? I know alot are locked into 93 with the most popular tune MPT has but it would be great to hear from others that are using the other grades. so what grade and tune and how do you like it ? also if you have other tunes for different fuel grades and the 93 what are they like to the 93 thanks

If I knew how to make this a pole I would but I don't sorry

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
@markbento I've been thinking of trying that any octane tune next fill up and see how that is.

My lifetime avg mpg is at 17.7 but I live in stop and go traffic even at the highways. Last fill up though I was 19.6 since I was doing more highway driving than usual.

Challenge for you guys, come to NYC for a week and tell me what mpg you guys get.

superdave592

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 v6 3.55
Hey just a question not sure if its been asked before but what octane gas are you guys running ? I know alot are locked into 93 with the most popular tune MPT has but it would be great to hear from others that are using the other grades. so what grade and tune and how do you like it ? also if you have other tunes for different fuel grades and the 93 what are they like to the 93 thanks

If I knew how to make this a pole I would but I don't sorry
Mark I have been running the MPT 87-89 PR-X tune it keeps the great trans settings you would need timing lights to see a difference

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
[MENTION=22989]Fuse[/MENTION]

Challenge accepted! But you gotta come drive in rush hour Chicago traffic son! Road rage can get you shot if your in the wrong neighborhood lol

Sponsored

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
Thanks all I run the 93 pr-x when I can but I just set it back to stock. its sad ford did not give it the tune that they should have I miss the 93 tune but like the option of using 87 as that's what they tuned it for , I have the any octane tune but never used it or the 93 eco tune if any of you try the any octane tune please tell me what you can about it

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I just switched to the 87 eco tune. I know I said I'd use the any octane but I wanted to see if it does improve mpg. I'll give an update after I've driven it a bit more. Currently I have 3/4 tank of 93 so it'll be a bit before I can use a tank of 87.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
I just switched to the 87 eco tune. I know I said I'd use the any octane but I wanted to see if it does improve mpg. I'll give an update after I've driven it a bit more. Currently I have 3/4 tank of 93 so it'll be a bit before I can use a tank of 87.
how did the any octane tune work out spill all the beans we want to know

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I didn't use any octane yet. But the 87-89 perf-econ tune felt like stock. I drove stock for a bit before loading the 87-89 perf-econ tune and it feels like the stock tune for both drive and sport. I haven't really done any highway or spirited driving yet so I can't feel a difference but so far I am not liking it. I'm actually looking forward to trying any octane tune.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
I didn't use any octane yet. But the 87-89 perf-econ tune felt like stock. I drove stock for a bit before loading the 87-89 perf-econ tune and it feels like the stock tune for both drive and sport. I haven't really done any highway or spirited driving yet so I can't feel a difference but so far I am not liking it. I'm actually looking forward to trying any octane tune.
Ok thanks that saves me a little bit of cash by not getting the tune so now I'll wait to here your take on the any octane one and if anyone has any comments on the 91 octane one. plaining a road trip and 93 is not every where, sad its all over the place here in mass but as you move out it gets harder to find, even in NH after you get away from the mass line it gets harder to find

Sponsored

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can always keep your tuner in your glove box and if your unable to find 93 revert back to stock at the gas station.

markbento

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 V6 Drop top
You can always keep your tuner in your glove box and if your unable to find 93 revert back to stock at the gas station.
Yep been doing that so far I have been lucky have not needed it but it would be nice not to have to worry about it like an impromptu lets just go for a ride and stop anywhere thing, you know as kids the mystery ride deals and opps forgot the tuner at home deal

D BERRY

LostAtSea
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang v6
This is a little off track here, but is the tuner affected adversely by heat like computers and other electronics are? My car is black and sits outside, it's in the sun from about noon on , about 4PM it got to be 120 degrees plus in there. Can this damage or effect the proper operation of the tuner?

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
So this 87-89 perf-econ tune has my mpg up, 20.3 driven at drive. Wallet per gallons is down but smiles per gallon is also down. Now mpg was done with 93 octane in the tank. I just filled up with 87 octane so I'll see how it affects the mpg.

It is worth noting that since I started driving a bunch of highway my mpg was 19.3 with 93PRX driven mostly in sport.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is a little off track here, but is the tuner affected adversely by heat like computers and other electronics are? My car is black and sits outside, it's in the sun from about noon on , about 4PM it got to be 120 degrees plus in there. Can this damage or effect the proper operation of the tuner?
I would say direct contact in the sunlight at those temps and duration would be bad, just like your cell phone. But if it's in your glove box not in direct sunlight it should be fine. I've had mine in my glove box for a year now with Chicago outside temps ranging from -20 to 100 degrees and havnt had a problem yet. I'd say just don't leave it in the sun.
Sponsored