Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Thank goodness they labelled these two so people knew the difference.... :wink:
1702407068601.png
Der Kraft Durch Freude Wagon.

What's amazing is how iconic Hitler's People's Car has been since that POS blew his friggin dome off. And of all people, those moronic hippies falling all over themselves to drive and be seen in Hitler's personal mode of mass-murder transportation. Like they have 0 idea of the car's reason for being.

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Der Kraft Durch Freude Wagon.

What's amazing is how iconic Hitler's People's Car has been since that POS blew his friggin dome off. And of all people, those moronic hippies falling all over themselves to drive and be seen in Hitler's personal mode of mass-murder transportation. Like they have 0 idea of the car's reason for being.
That's a classic libtard for you 🤣🤣🤣

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I clicked on it for fun but what a horseshit list. Leave it to MotorTrend. Some are warranted but others are jokes.

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I clicked on it for fun but what a horseshit list. Leave it to MotorTrend. Some are warranted but others are jokes.
Yeah... Tesla and Miata... I like them both fine, but "iconic"? 75 years goes back to 1948... XKE not listed? GT40 not listed?, '57 Chevy, GTR, Viper... Delorean (good or bad, it's iconic)

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Yeah... Tesla and Miata... I like them both fine, but "iconic"? 75 years goes back to 1948... XKE not listed? GT40 not listed?, '57 Chevy, GTR, Viper... Delorean (good or bad, it's iconic)
Yeah, they missed a lot of cars, but I guess they had to keep it short to be meaningful.

If you look at the overall list, they hand mostly picked the cars that changed the course of automotive development and history, or created a significant lasting impact on car culture. From that perspective, Models S and Miata belong to this list a lot more than something like Viper. It's not a list of best cars in history

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I voted Mustang, of course, but the Jeep was a close second, having had five.

Jeep #5 lives right next to my '15 in my shop.

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, they missed a lot of cars, but I guess they had to keep it short to be meaningful.

If you look at the overall list, they hand mostly picked the cars that changed the course of automotive development and history, or created a significant lasting impact on car culture. From that perspective, Models S and Miata belong to this list a lot more than something like Viper. It's not a list of best cars in history
“Iconic” a poor choice of wording then. Many cars have been named “iconic” by the media but were unimportant a Gremlin comes to mind, or a Hummer… “Significant”, “important”, “game-changing” would be a more appropriate choice to describe a car that changed the automotive world. In that respect, I agree the Viper didn’t really change anything (but actually, wasn’t it the first modern V10 to really catch hold?… trend setter in that respect). The Miata even less so. Its a great car, a reliable Lotus Elan… But what trend did it start? Iconic means memorable and representative of a time. Saying that, I’d add a Trans Am to the list. Who doesn’t know what they are and relate them to the ‘70s?

Sponsored

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
“Iconic” a poor choice of wording then. Many cars have been named “iconic” by the media but were unimportant a Gremlin comes to mind, or a Hummer… “Significant”, “important”, “game-changing” would be a more appropriate choice to describe a car that changed the automotive world
No argument here, I agree with that.

The Miata even less so. Its a great car, a reliable Lotus Elan… But what trend did it start?
There are lots of documentaries on Miata which answer this question. It is the car that redefined the class of lightweight low power nimble and affordable sports cars. I understand that it might not be interesting to you (we are on mustang forum after all), but it has a significant role.

On a similar note, I'm surprized they have nothing about hot hatches. Golf GTI deserves to be on this list more than a 911 in my opinion.

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The article is what it is, wanna hate it, that’s your prerogative. Don’t agree with the choices? So be it. Doesn’t change a thing.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Well the article accomplished it's goal. It got a bunch of car nuts to sit around and talk about cars. Let me restate that; it got a bunch of car guys to sit around and argue (what we do best) about cars. Except for the one guy who knows some history, but does not understand it.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Voted for the Stang, but it looks like the Jeep crowd has been spreading the word to vote. I too am a Jeep dude, but I genuinely don’t care for Wranglers. CJ’s are cool, but stick me in an XJ, ZJ or WJ and I am happy… until it breaks (which doesn’t take long).

OP
OP
Evolvd

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Looks like the Vette is going to take it, they’re leading Mustangs by 30% points.
Sponsored