OP
OP
Bassackwards

Bassackwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS convertible
Who the hell makes an amp these days that can’t handle a 2 ohm load? Oh, Rockford does 🤣

It is an Alpine bridged mono. I could run it as 250w x 2 @2 ohms or bridged mono 500 w @4 ohms. I guess that is effectively 2 ohms on each channel and running it through a 2 ohm sub effectively lowers it to 1 ohm on each channel, if I understand correctly.

It is probably putting 300w into an 8 ohm 12" sub and that is sufficient. I have to turn it down after a few seconds.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It is an Alpine bridged mono. I could run it as 250w x 2 @2 ohms or bridged mono 500 w @4 ohms. I guess that is effectively 2 ohms on each channel and running it through a 2 ohm sub effectively lowers it to 1 ohm on each channel, if I understand correctly.

It is probably putting 300w into an 8 ohm 12" sub and that is sufficient. I have to turn it down after a few seconds.
Ah ok, now it makes sense.

OP
OP
Bassackwards

Bassackwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS convertible
OK i got it all up and running and am impressed! Thanks to all who shared their knowledge with me.

I completely disabled the factory amp and so far have not suffered any ill effects. Center channel speaker is disabled.

I also discovered that the Metra 72-5601 harness will fit the plug on the 3.5" door speaker wire. I used it to jump from the 6.5 in the door to the mid-tweeter harness and was able to power the tweeter without pulling a new wire. $8.90 on Amazon.

The AR-F03 kit was fabulous for my installation and a real time saver. I removed all the wires that I didn't use by releasing their locks with a tiny eyeglass screwdriver then pulling them out. I could reinstall them if needed.

The NVX XTRI1 Remote Turn On Module/Trigger works great to trigger the amp using the signal coming from the AR-F03 harness. After some consideration I wired the blue wire in the 9 strand bundle to the harness and placed the trigger on the amp beside the power/ground. I could have placed it near the factory amp as there are power and ground wires in the AR-F03 harness as well. I wanted to be able to see the green light easily if needed so attaching it to the amp it controls makes sense.

I used the Metra 9 twisted strand 18 ga wire and while the size specs out for 100w the Alpine RA90S amp didn't want to clamp down on it very well. I had to add a blob of solder to every wire end.
Sponsored