Mods

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
https://www.beefcakeracing.com/2018manifold/ What you think? Sorry new to all of this. It has been 30 years since I have worked on cars. So it is a learning curve.
18+ mani will give you some more on the top end, shift power band somewhat. But adding one when you're tuning for e85 + injectors and long tubes would definitely net you some good gains. Just make sure you talk it through with whichever tuner you go with to see if they prefer to tune with lockouts or not.

wusthof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt vert
I think a question would be how much the op wants to spend?! Boost ain't cheap, and e85 might not be available in his area etc.

Sponsored

illadvised

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian Spilner
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - 6R80 - Paxton 2200SL
E85 and headers are cool, but it's still slower than a boosted car. Boost is great on a DD; you could keep the stock throttle body, stock headers so it can be quiet if needed, and you can even pass emissions with boost if you want. I am at 120k miles on mine

A centri supercharger kit is easy to install, easy to take off, easy to sell etc. Headers seem like a bitch to install, but if you go that route please keep your stock cats, manifold, throttle body and intake in the garage or something! The car will be worth a lot more with stock parts

Last edited:

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
I Purchased at 2015 mustang GT competition orange. Automatic. The mods that I have done is a cold air intake K/N and an SCT tune. Nothing has been done to the car. What’s the next logical mod that I can do for horsepower? I have read change stock throttlebody to 85 mm. Anyone have experience with upgrading the throttlebody? What about a custom tune from Lund?
I would definitely go with a ported 18+ manifold and a true cold air intake like JLT or PMAS along with long tube headers and a custom tune from Lund Racing / Palm Beach Dyno if I were you. You will get a respectable gain of horsepower and torque if you do. If you have any questions at all, feel free to send me a message and I can get you taken care of here from www.lethalperformance.com!

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing beats a 700hp DD! My yearly cost of tires suck but hey that's life!
You got it brother. I'm 77 and finding out that puberty is hell.
E85 and headers are cool, but it's still slower than a boosted car. Boost is great on a DD; you could keep the stock throttle body, stock headers so it can be quiet if needed, and you can even pass emissions with boost if you want. I am at 120k miles on mine

A centri supercharger kit is easy to install, easy to take off, easy to sell etc. Headers seem like a bitch to install, but if you go that route please keep your stock cats, manifold, throttle body and intake in the garage or something! The car will be worth a lot more with stock parts
Mines a boosted dd and I have emissions every two years. I'm running a Roush Phase 2. I run Nitto 555r2 305 in the summer. Love it!
Sponsored