Modifying As-Built Data Guide

Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Triple Black
I'm wondering if anyone else has had an issue with Forscan not loading due to ECU/PCM Strategy not being found? With my stock tune on the car, there are no issues but with my custom tune I'm getting that error. Not sure if maybe it was an oversight on the tuner's part (strategy not found under Vehicle Info on my X4 either) or if Forscan won't work with a custom tune loaded at all...

This is on the latest version of Forscan.
Depending on who’s tune it is, sometimes you have to load the stock tune(don’t run) and make your changes. Save and then reinstall your custom tune.
Sponsored

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I'm wondering if anyone else has had an issue with Forscan not loading due to ECU/PCM Strategy not being found? With my stock tune on the car, there are no issues but with my custom tune I'm getting that error. Not sure if maybe it was an oversight on the tuner's part (strategy not found under Vehicle Info on my X4 either) or if Forscan won't work with a custom tune loaded at all...

This is on the latest version of Forscan.
I have the same issue. My car has a tune from Roush, so it's locked. Though I'm told the as built data is still open. Forscan asks me for the PCM part number, but I tried every number on the PCM without luck.

If anyone has a procedure on how to get around this issue, I would greatly appreciate it.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Depending on who’s tune it is, sometimes you have to load the stock tune(don’t run) and make your changes. Save and then reinstall your custom tune.
My only "fear" with that is that it is clearing DTC codes when you flash back to stock isn't it? I'm trying to see if the U0422 code is there (90% sure it is), but it isn't showing up on my X4 so the only spot I know I can see it is with Forscan. The U0422 code seems to be what pulls power.

Kmp013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 1990 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 4X4 1971 Chevrolet C20
I have the same issue. My car has a tune from Roush, so it's locked. Though I'm told the as built data is still open. Forscan asks me for the PCM part number, but I tried every number on the PCM without luck.

If anyone has a procedure on how to get around this issue, I would greatly appreciate it.
I had the same issue, I contacted the Forscan support and they asked for my vin and they sent me the part number to use. I was able to put in the number and it has been working fine ever since.

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP ESS G3 SUPERCHARGED
Hello does anybody know how to enable reverse parking sensors for mines is 16 premium but didnt come with sensors and i want to add them

Sponsored

DeZypher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoStang
Just wondering if you got it to work? Cause I had the same issue for a long time and found out that for 2017 they changed how dark mode works.

I did find out how to do it and thought it would be added on to the first post or stickied somewhere lol.

I'm go look for it just in case

read through and have changed a few things successfully via forscan but i also cannot get dark mode to work on my 17.

Police Dark Mode:

Code: 726-32-01: 0A01 0000 006B

Change to: 726-32-01: 0A01 0100 006C

Now your interior lights will not come on when you open your car door, or when you shut off the car! CONFIRMED!

based on the above, to values change, 0 to 1, and B to C. however per the spreadsheet and multiple postings folks have shown to only change the 0 to 1. That is not working for me.

anyone else have any ideas?

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Just wondering if you got it to work? Cause I had the same issue for a long time and found out that for 2017 they changed how dark mode works.

I did find out how to do it and thought it would be added on to the first post or stickied somewhere lol.

I'm go look for it just in case
No. I stopped trying.

DeZypher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoStang
No. I stopped trying.

If you still want to try. Try this

Silent Mode
Change this::: 726-58-02 :: 0000-0000-0087
Into this::: 726-58-02 :: 0101-0101-0187

Idk why but Ford Disable that section and we have to enable it to get Dark Mode to work.

Hope it work for you too.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
If you still want to try. Try this

Silent Mode
Change this::: 726-58-02 :: 0000-0000-0087
Into this::: 726-58-02 :: 0101-0101-0187

Idk why but Ford Disable that section and we have to enable it to get Dark Mode to work.

Hope it work for you too.
I'll give it a shot.

Thanks!

Sponsored

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Just giving you a heads up in case you haven't heard about it yet. There's FORScan v2.4 in development that enables module firmware updates. In order to obtain the test version, send an e-mail to [email protected] to request it and they'll send you a link to the latest build. Note that FORScan won't let you update any firmware with wireless interfaces like OBDLink MX Bluetooth so if you don't have an OBD interface yet and think that you'll be doing firmware updates someday, get a wired one like ELS27.

###Below are directions and warnings that came with the link###

This function is in testing stage. There are problems, known ones and may be not known ones. Please note you use it "AS IS". In no event shall FORScan team be liable for any direct or indirect damage, caused by use of this function. We strongly recommend to foresee an option to recover "bricked" module with another equipment (like IDS).

Short instruction:

The function is called "Module firmware update" and available in Configuration and Programming section. Content
consists of 2 columns: current assembly/calibration and available for programming. All the firmware files that included into
the assembly are displayed.

There are 2 filter checkbox on the top (enabled by default):
Only official branch - only firmware from official branch, this is what available in IDS. If this filter box is unchecked, all
possible builds will be displayed, but only compatible with current hardware
Only newer than current - this shows only builds that are newer than current. If you need older ones, uncheck this box.

Every firmware file has status indicator on the right:
- green - file is ready for programming and will be programmed
- yellow - the file will not participate in programming
- red - file is required but missing or damaged

There 2 options at the bottom:

- Force program unchanged firmware - if some file in the new calibration level is not changed, FORScan will not write it. This option changes the behaviour and all files will be rewritten.

- Switch *ALL* modules to programming mode (silence on buses) - in this mode FORScan will switch all modules on both buses to programming mode, to make them "silent". Unfortunately, this function properly works only on J2534 adapters with MS-CAN support. ELM327 kind of adapters and J2534 Passthru without MS-CAN can implement it partially (on current bus only) due to adapter limitations. This may cause serious panic in some modules. So it is recommended to use this option ONLY if there is no other way to program a module.

There are 2 buttons on the bottom:
- Download - download missing files from Internet ( Motorcraft site)
- Program! - start the programming process

It has to be counted that not all of firmware files are available on Motorcraft site (only those that allowed
for dealership).

Known problems:

- It is not recommended to use china ELM327, as it is impossible to guarantee stable work in there

- APIM (Sync) module are not programmed properly yet. IDS has no PMI for APIM too, so in case of problems you will not be able to use IDS for APIM recovery!

- We do not recommend to program power steering modules yet. This requires special procedure. Current implemenation bricks Mondeo 4 PSCM

- We do not recommend to program modules that have ECU Configuration * parts in their firmware, FORScan may not offer right file

FORScan shows summarized firmware size and estimated programming time in the warning dialog before start
programming. We recommend to pay attetion to these numbers, as programming time may be very significant (several hours).
Time estimate for J2534 adapters may be very inexact yet.

After the firmware update modules usually throw U2100 DTC. The following sequence of actions is enough to clear it:
- Run Module configuration programmin (As Built format) and load *AB factory configuration in there. Please prepare it
advance (download for Motorcraft site by VIN), as current version cannot download it in automated mode yet.
- write All (all blocks!) to the module. If configuration isn't changed change, FORScan will ask to confirm force write,
please confirm it.

After first successful connect to vehicle FORScan will create vehicle profile. We recommend to backup profiles, as they may be helpful in case of restoring.

What we would like to get in case of problems:
- short report about the problem
- FORScan debug information (FORScan.log and dump.bin)
- user logs (content of Log tab in the section Configuration and Programming).

Regards,
FORScan Team

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Hello does anybody know how to enable reverse parking sensors for mines is 16 premium but didnt come with sensors and i want to add them
Yes, this is possible. I did this on mine.

Basically you need to do the following steps:
1)
Get a new bumper cover with the mounting points for the sensors (or drill the wholes yourself and glue the brackets to hold the sensors on the bumper).
2)
Get the sensors and paint them.
3)
Get the correct wiring harness for the bumper. The wiring in the car between the BCM and C405 was already there.
4)
Change the programming in the IPC and the BCM.

I can provide you with part numbers for the sensors and the info for the programming. I fiddled around with the harness myself and upgraded my harness with a used one from some other Ford model. And I bought a new bumper cover.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers
Falk

rubens_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ruben Rolon
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP ESS G3 SUPERCHARGED
Yes, this is possible. I did this on mine.

Basically you need to do the following steps:
1)
Get a new bumper cover with the mounting points for the sensors (or drill the wholes yourself and glue the brackets to hold the sensors on the bumper).
2)
Get the sensors and paint them.
3)
Get the correct wiring harness for the bumper. The wiring in the car between the BCM and C405 was already there.
4)
Change the programming in the IPC and the BCM.

I can provide you with part numbers for the sensors and the info for the programming. I fiddled around with the harness myself and upgraded my harness with a used one from some other Ford model. And I bought a new bumper cover.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers
Falk
Thanks for the info i kinda figured it out already bought the sensors already painted from a ford dealer and wiring harness and activated the parking aid in forscan had to do alot of research dont know if i did it correct still waiting for all parts to get here and i saw that you need the brackets that are molded to the bumper with sensors do you know where i can get other brackets so i can glue and drill hole dont want to waste like $600-800 on a new bumper if you can give me part number for the brackets that fits these sensors you will save my butt thats all i need to complete this project thanks in advance

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Thanks for the info i kinda figured it out already bought the sensors already painted from a ford dealer and wiring harness and activated the parking aid in forscan had to do alot of research dont know if i did it correct still waiting for all parts to get here and i saw that you need the brackets that are molded to the bumper with sensors do you know where i can get other brackets so i can glue and drill hole dont want to waste like $600-800 on a new bumper if you can give me part number for the brackets that fits these sensors you will save my butt thats all i need to complete this project thanks in advance
I ordered these brackets, but it is a European company. Maybe you find something in the US. Here is the link anyway:
https://www.123spareparts.co.uk/search/car?q=0901099:relevance

SidewaysMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Anyone find a way to change US models radio to work with European frequencies?

The US radio only has odd decimal points (107.7 then 107.9) whereas European radio uses the evens too (107.7 then 107.8 etc...)
Sponsored