Reaction score
First Name
ozzy
Vehicle(s)
2019 301A PP1 Velocity Blue
anybody tried this?

Active Exhaust
720-04-01 X*XX XXXX XXXX 4 = Enabled 6 = Disabled DB252's Findings
720-10-01 *XXX XXXX E = Enabled C = Disabled Both must be set for Active Exhaust enabled/disabled

I am new to all this just trying to be safe.
It is noted to that
"This section is designed to help those upgrading to a 2018 digital cluster or to change features on their current 2018 digital cluster. Some features are untested. Use at your own risk!"
so does this mean it wont work if we dont have the digital cluster?

I am planning to purchase oem active exhaust and I am just wondering if I just plug it would it work perfectly? [MENTION=32700]svtsnake[/MENTION] mentioned that he was able to do it but no more information.
before I start purchasing obd port and mufflers I just wanted to confirm with you guys.
I have the 301A 18GT
Sponsored

AlexWI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost Droptop
Forscan turn on Oil Pressure on PP gauge on non-PP car?

I've search a bit through this thread..but with so many posts, I may have missed it... AD or others, has anyone been able to turn on the Oil Pressure gauge on a PP Dash gauge pack when installed on a non-PP car using Forscan - I know tuners can tune it in, but if they can do, should the Forscan allow to do that as well?
Untitled.jpg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I've search a bit through this thread..but with so many posts, I may have missed it... AD or others, has anyone been able to turn on the Oil Pressure gauge on a PP Dash gauge pack when installed on a non-PP car using Forscan - I know tuners can tune it in, but if they can do, should the Forscan allow to do that as well?
You can get the center dash PP gauge bezels on eBay or from LKQ; depending on condition and seller asking prices, they are upwards of $250-$300. Sometimes that also includes the rest of the matching bezel pieces.

The PP gauge cluster w/ the 2 gauges can be found on this site in classifieds, eBay or again LKQ anywhere between $150-$200, depending on which cluster it is and overall condition. The GT PP cluster is different from the EB PP cluster.

AlexWI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost Droptop
You can get the center dash PP gauge bezels on eBay or from LKQ; depending on condition and seller asking prices, they are upwards of $250-$300. Sometimes that also includes the rest of the matching bezel pieces.

The PP gauge cluster w/ the 2 gauges can be found on this site in classifieds, eBay or again LKQ anywhere between $150-$200, depending on which cluster it is and overall condition. The GT PP cluster is different from the EB PP cluster.
I have the dash and gauges all installed, but I'm still under warranty and so am running the Ford Pro Cal 3 tune and I don't think Ford will modify my tune to turn on the oil pressure gauge . ... I was hoping that I could use the Forscan to switch and enable an ECM switch to turn it on myself. Looks like I will have to wait another 3K miles and then get the #Adam+ tune with the oil pressure switch on.... and a few more ponies as well..

pxdenial

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
Auto swapped my 16. Problem i'm having currently is the car will turn over but wont start. I'm getting a P06E9 code. We programmed the car and i see on the insturment cluster that it's still asking to press the clutch pedal to start. It does crank but doesn't fire.

I do also notice i have no tach signal while it's cranking over. Any clue as to wth is up with this and all the help is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Sponsored

JPJr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
That's a hardware change.
I still can't imagine why this needs to be a hardware change?
I want to lock a Ford engineer in a dark room, A Clockwork Orange style, until he admits why we need to swap hardware to enable a digital speedo.
Is the processing power of the display driver not fast enough to keep up with a constantly changing variable like mph?

The digital screen of the GT350 cluster looks EXACTLY like the standard ones, and exactly the same as the base '18 one.

It's obviously a few bits of software code!
Seriously, WTF?:rant:

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
I want to lock a Ford engineer in a dark room, A Clockwork Orange style, until he admits why we need to swap hardware to enable a digital speedo.
Is the processing power of the display driver not fast enough to keep up with a constantly changing variable like mph?

The digital screen of the GT350 cluster looks EXACTLY like the standard ones, and exactly the same as the base '18 one.

Anyone tried this for digital speedo?

IPC: 720-07-01. xxxX xxxx xxxx

0 = disabled
1 = enabled

This is from the fusion/mondeo forum

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Yes its software but its not something thats as simple as FORScan changes. Thats why we say you need a hardware change. You can flash GT350 firmware on it but you have different problems to deal with then. Unless you know how to make your own cluster firmware you're not going to get it.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Yes its software but its not something thats as simple as FORScan changes. Thats why we say you need a hardware change. You can flash GT350 firmware on it but you have different problems to deal with then. Unless you know how to make your own cluster firmware you're not going to get it.
Right. You're essentially buying new hardware that's capable of running the new firmware. The new firmware won't run on the old hardware because... Ford.

Anyone tried this for digital speedo?

IPC: 720-07-01. xxxX xxxx xxxx

0 = disabled
1 = enabled

This is from the fusion/mondeo forum
Been tried a bunch of times, doesn't work.

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
Right. You're essentially buying new hardware that's capable of running the new firmware. The new firmware won't run on the old hardware because...
Because the hardware is really different. If you open it up you can see the changes in CPU and various support ICs.

Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Because the hardware is really different. If you open it up you can see the changes in CPU and various support ICs.
What issues do you have flashing firm ware out of curiosity (can't be arsed to look :lol:)

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Is it possible to add boost readout in the center screen between Speedo and rpm on my 2015 gt performance pack? Kind of like what eco boost has

breeves002

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Is it possible to add boost readout in the center screen between Speedo and rpm on my 2015 gt performance pack? Kind of like what eco boost has
Yes. 720-06-01 xx7F xxxx xxxx
Sponsored