Sponsored

Modifying As-Built Data Guide

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
As Ford makes a 4.09:1 ring & pinion set for the super 8.8 which doesn't come in any car, logically the diff ratio should be configurable.

Have you figured out what to change in both the PCM & BCM?

FRPP has this to say about ring & pinion changes
Requires aftermarket calibration if vehicle is not originally equipped with this gear ratio or a Ford Performance Power Pack Calibration
As I was saying earlier, the Power Packs come with a ProCal device which allows easy gear ratio changes. I don't know if ForSCAN can touch all of the necessary memory.
Sponsored

Cream Puff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
in the market
Does anyone know if its possible to change the RPM at which the premium cluster flashes red when you get to the 'redline'

That thing turning red when you pass 6500 is weak when you're revving to 7700 lol.

white15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White 2015 GT
I did a search but I can’t seem to find anything. Has anybody managed to find a way to disable the airbag MIL on the cluster? Put a set of Momo race seats in my car and can’t fogure out a way to get the light off. I know, not the end of the world. Lol

SloSVO

Village Idiot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT
I did a search but I can’t seem to find anything. Has anybody managed to find a way to disable the airbag MIL on the cluster? Put a set of Momo race seats in my car and can’t fogure out a way to get the light off. I know, not the end of the world. Lol

If you knew what the resistance is of the air bags you could get resistors of the same Ohmage

Trakhor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
This guy swapped in some seats and made it work. [ame="[MEDIA=youtube]id=HXNV5rg5UuY;t=186[/MEDIA]"]

I'm working on a different method and I hope to have it resolved later this summer. I've bought the seat harness' from the Ford dealer. At this point I think all I have left to do is get the seat position sensor and I'll be finished

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Does anyone know if its possible to change the RPM at which the premium cluster flashes red when you get to the 'redline'

That thing turning red when you pass 6500 is weak when you're revving to 7700 lol.
Not that I'm aware of. Maybe it's possible to reverse engineer this (if it is stored in as-built rather than the firmware) - do the EcoBoost cars activate the "shift light" at a different RPM than GT?

If so, compare the cars and try to figure out if there's a character or two that's altering the redline.

It's possible that there are only two valid values for it - EB and GT. It's also possible that it's stored like the axle ratio or tire size where you can set arbitrary numbers.

Good luck!

Trakhor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Not that I'm aware of. Maybe it's possible to reverse engineer this (if it is stored in as-built rather than the firmware) - do the EcoBoost cars activate the "shift light" at a different RPM than GT?

If so, compare the cars and try to figure out if there's a character or two that's altering the redline.

It's possible that there are only two valid values for it - EB and GT. It's also possible that it's stored like the axle ratio or tire size where you can set arbitrary numbers.

Good luck!
Maybe this would also let non-prem guys add it

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Sorry if this question has been addressed before but, if I make a change in Forscan and do a "Master Reset" will I loose the change I just made. My change resulted in getting the "Ford: logo as my Splash Screen instead of the running pony. I checked the AIPM setting 07D0-02-01 xxxx x6xx xxx which should be the running pony but still comes up "Ford". Appreciate any insight:headbang:

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Sorry if this question has been addressed before but, if I make a change in Forscan and do a "Master Reset" will I loose the change I just made. My change resulted in getting the "Ford: logo as my Splash Screen instead of the running pony. I checked the AIPM setting 07D0-02-01 xxxx x6xx xxx which should be the running pony but still comes up "Ford". Appreciate any insight:headbang:
No, a master reset does not change as-built configuration data.

Sponsored

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Okay, did the Master reboot and the stupid Ford logo still comes up:headbonk:. My changes are still there so having that splash screen is a small price to pay for the improved capabilities. If someone knows a way other than the Forscan code (which should be the Pony) can be reactivated on a Sync 2 system, please chime in:headbang: Thanks!

jsn1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Okay, did the Master reboot and the stupid Ford logo still comes up:headbonk:. My changes are still there so having that splash screen is a small price to pay for the improved capabilities. If someone knows a way other than the Forscan code (which should be the Pony) can be reactivated on a Sync 2 system, please chime in:headbang: Thanks!
Happened to me once.

Just turn off the car, and let it sit for 10 minutes.

Worked for me.

SterlingStangMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Magnetic Ecoboost
Yes, let it sit for 30 minutes and it still comes up "Ford". Will try changing it to "5" which says it is just the Pony. Maybe the "6" is specific to Sync 3 cars.

MustangManiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Hey all, 2 quick question for all the more knowledgeable folks. Plz help if u can.

1. I changed my speedo calibration using forscan and everything actually works great. I'm maybe fractions of a mph off. But... I was just checking out the DTC codes or whatever and noticed I had a P104A code (I think that was it) and tried clearing but it came back. It does not turn on light on dash but wanted to make sure I shouldn't do something or check a real thing out lol safety first!

2. Does anyone know, if you install headers with no cats... can forscan be used to permanently silence those codes. I wanna wait to buy a tuner for just a little longer to get most out of the tunes without buying more but I also wanna put these header set up on.

Thanks!
Sponsored