Modifying As-Built Data Guide

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Cheers ty buzz-dee. Thats what I was thinking with the mirror system (I dont have a electrical schematic so could only guess) ill have to live with it the way it is :)

As for the the tpms ty very much, will check tomorrow. If it does not work ill just set the vale back to stock again. Will post tomorrow if it works or not so others will know. Once again ty :)
Sponsored

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Well i can say for now the tpms disabled works. Ty buzz-dee

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I used Sparts speedometer ABD calculator (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mWnuQZlDTUGjKjmJje1QJIR8Z2c7Kf8KBZxKnw_8EqU/edit#gid=0) to get my MPH corrected after going from stock 17" rims to 18" rims. The calculator gave me "xxxx-0837-xx" for 235/50/18. My stock value is xxxx-0832-xx. When I put the new value in, I received PCM error "P160A Control Module Vehicle Options Reconfiguration Error". Does anyone know why this may be?

Also, curious to see if anyone knows what ABD change it may take to disable the Left and Right solar sensor from the FCIM.

from xxxx-0832-xx to xxxx-0837-xx

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I used Sparts speedometer ABD calculator (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mWnuQZlDTUGjKjmJje1QJIR8Z2c7Kf8KBZxKnw_8EqU/edit#gid=0) to get my MPH corrected after going from stock 17" rims to 18" rims. The calculator gave me "xxxx-0837-xx" for 235/50/18. My stock value is xxxx-0832-xx. When I put the new value in, I received PCM error "P160A Control Module Vehicle Options Reconfiguration Error". Does anyone know why this may be?

Also, curious to see if anyone knows what ABD change it may take to disable the Left and Right solar sensor from the FCIM.

from xxxx-0832-xx to xxxx-0837-xx
I updated the thread on this topic with info about that DTC. Everybody gets it, as far as I or anyone else is aware, it's just telling you that the configuration of the module has changed.

The FORScan people are actually working on something to fix this. Newer betas of FORScan have the ability to initiate a PCM relearn procedure. Hasn't been tested on the Mustang yet to my knowledge, only the F150. Might not work on the Mustangs yet. But it's coming.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Hi, Complete noob trying to get in on this scene and do simultaneous High Beams and Fog lights as below:

Simultaneous High Beams and Fog Lights location
Code: 726-27-01: 0100 0001 0058 (Disabled)
Change to: 726-27-01: 0100 0000 0057 (Enabled)
If you're looking for an as-built mod, and you find info that instructs you to change an entire line of as-built including the last two characters which are a checksum, be skeptical of the info - the person provided it likely doesn't fully know what they're telling you to do.

Most of these mods are flipping one or two characters at a time, not a whole line. Lots of the work that goes into figuring out these mods is narrowing down which characters control what. Using an entire line when just one character will do can have unintended consequences.

Just a heads up for everybody!

Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I updated the thread on this topic with info about that DTC. Everybody gets it, as far as I or anyone else is aware, it's just telling you that the configuration of the module has changed.

The FORScan people are actually working on something to fix this. Newer betas of FORScan have the ability to initiate a PCM relearn procedure. Hasn't been tested on the Mustang yet to my knowledge, only the F150. Might not work on the Mustangs yet. But it's coming.
Ah, thank you very much!

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Need a little help from you guys who are far smarter than I am..

Long story short, I have a Base GT non-PP and did a Sync 3 upgrade a few months ago (I had help doing this and someone else programmed). As I was driving today I scrolled through the gauges and noticed I have a screen with oil temp and then Boost/Vacum. I am assuming this would only be for the Ecoboost models?
If so, does anyone with knowledge think this could be a problem since I have a GT? Could those values skew my throttle response etc especially when using drive modes.
I remember the person that helped me was having issues getting the modes to work then tried through IDS (I believe) and said that it was strange he needed to change so much of the line...
Just kinda trying to figure out what my next move should be at this point.

solodogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost

Long story short, I have a Base GT non-PP and did a Sync 3 upgrade a few months ago (I had help doing this and someone else programmed). As I was driving today I scrolled through the gauges and noticed I have a screen with oil temp and then Boost/Vacum. I am assuming this would only be for the Ecoboost models?
If so, does anyone with knowledge think this could be a problem since I have a GT? Could those values skew my throttle response etc especially when using drive modes.
I remember the person that helped me was having issues getting the modes to work then tried through IDS (I believe) and said that it was strange he needed to change so much of the line...
Your cluster shows the boost/vacuum gauge now? Someone changed something in the IPC settings that they shouldn’t have changed...

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
Your cluster shows the boost/vacuum gauge now? Someone changed something in the IPC settings that they shouldn’t have changed...
I believe all of the 15's have the boost/vacuum gauge in the IPC if it is not a PP car. Then it got removed for the 16's+. My car has the boost/vacuum gauge in the IPC. This is a calculated value though because the GT's do not have a MAP sensor for correct values. I believe it calculates based off of the speed density values and MAF in the tune.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350

Sounds like they didn't know what they were doing. IDS really isn't the tool for this job, and they probably swapped too many values.

Here's what you need to do:

1. Go to the Motorcraft as-built site here. The first time you visit, it will ask you to select a country and language. Do that, then close the window and click that link again. You'll be prompted to plug in your VIN. You can then download the factory-fresh as-built for your car. Keep this safe somewhere, since it's a good backup plan anytime you mess with your as-built data.
  2. Get setup with FORScan and an adapter (see the first post of this thead.)
  3. Flash your car back to factory as-built.
  4. Change only the values that need changed to make the swap work. See this post.

Sponsored

Jagplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 cars have the boost/vac and I have not modded nothing yet.I just got here and want to learn,lol

Jagplay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I need some help with Forscan, I can connect using the android version on my phone but don't know how to do anything. I got it for the computer and it would not connect to my adapter. HELP?

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
SUCCESS!

I think people are getting confused, yes the base GT has vacum but I don't believe "boost" is included, at least it wasn't on my 2016. I believe I also had values for a PP vehicle (based on some of the other temp gauge screens) which mine is not

Did some research, pulled VINs for vehicles as close to mine as possible and compared the values that needed to be changed and all looks good now. Took it for a drive and I firmly believe I had values for an Ecoboost Performance Pack previously... even my rev-matching feels/sounds differently. Could be placebo but I REALLY don't believe so.

One note, I tried to enable my HD radio and this did not work out. I know the person that did my install had some APIMs/screens already programmed according to him and switched them out so I'm guessing I received one without HD radio, ah well.

Thanks for all the replies and guidance.

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
SUCCESS!

I think people are getting confused, yes the base GT has vacum but I don't believe "boost" is included, at least it wasn't on my 2016. I believe I also had values for a PP vehicle (based on some of the other temp gauge screens) which mine is not

Did some research, pulled VINs for vehicles as close to mine as possible and compared the values that needed to be changed and all looks good now. Took it for a drive and I firmly believe I had values for an Ecoboost Performance Pack previously... even my rev-matching feels/sounds differently. Could be placebo but I REALLY don't believe so.

One note, I tried to enable my HD radio and this did not work out. I know the person that did my install had some APIMs/screens already programmed according to him and switched them out so I'm guessing I received one without HD radio, ah well.

Thanks for all the replies and guidance.
What exactly did you change in your configuration? I guess many fellows are interested in this... ;)