Modifying As-Built Data Guide

Mustang_GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Triple Black
Completed a 6r80 swap in my performance pack and had to load as built from an auto 50th anniversary. I've lost PAM, as the 50th wasn't equipped with it.

ForScan no longer reads the module at all. Anyone know how I may be able to enable it?
Erase the profile in FORScan and start over and it will see it. When I can't see a module I know was there before I do that (someone on a different thread shared that).
Sponsored

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You loaded the complete as-built?

Why not pick a car with options similar to yours (aside from PP/manual.)
Yea, programmed the vehicle under a different VIN as it wouldn't take using my original VIN and an automatic tear tag for the PCM programming.

Eh, too late now to change. I assume it's possible to do this as technically a car that didn't come with it could add the hardware.

I have my old PAM as built I can reference, but there must be a change necessary in some other module.

Sponsored

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Yea, programmed the vehicle under a different VIN as it wouldn't take using my original VIN and an automatic tear tag for the PCM programming.

Eh, too late now to change. I assume it's possible to do this as technically a car that didn't come with it could add the hardware.

I have my old PAM as built I can reference, but there must be a change necessary in some other module.
There are a number of reasons why this is a bad idea. There are a ton of modules in your car that affect everything from how the ABS works to how the stereo works. Very few as-built settings that change from car to car relate to the transmission.

• Your VIN is encoded into the as-built in several spots.
  • If you don't choose a car that's identical to yours in every way, you're likely to break things. This is probably why your PAM isn't working.
  • Your car, being a PP, has some unique settings in the ABS module for the PP's unique TC/AT/ABS config. I'm not sure how flashing the ABS module with a non-PP as-built will affect things.
  • These cars are programmed with the tire size in the BCM, so if you picked a car with different size tires your speedo/odo are likely off.

Your best bet is to do what a lot of us do when searching for things we can change. Find the VIN of a car that is as 100% identical to yours as possible. Then download the as-built for both that car and your own car and load them into As-Built Compare.

You need to pay attention to the context here, because you're likely to find differences that aren't relevant to the transmission.

The key is to narrow your mod down to the bare minimum of stuff that needs changed and leave the rest of your as-built (i.e. VIN encodings, tire size, your fancy PAM module ;) ) alone - instead of flashing the whole car wholesale.

I don't know that anybody who's done a 6R80 swap has done this and posted about it here. So good luck, and let us know what you find that works.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
There are a number of reasons why this is a bad idea. There are a ton of modules in your car that affect everything from how the ABS works to how the stereo works. Very few as-built settings that change from car to car relate to the transmission.

• Your VIN is encoded into the as-built in several spots.
  • If you don't choose a car that's identical to yours in every way, you're likely to break things. This is probably why your PAM isn't working.
  • Your car, being a PP, has some unique settings in the ABS module for the PP's unique TC/AT/ABS config. I'm not sure how flashing the ABS module with a non-PP as-built will affect things.
  • These cars are programmed with the tire size in the BCM, so if you picked a car with different size tires your speedo/odo are likely off.

Your best bet is to do what a lot of us do when searching for things we can change. Find the VIN of a car that is as 100% identical to yours as possible. Then download the as-built for both that car and your own car and load them into As-Built Compare.

You need to pay attention to the context here, because you're likely to find differences that aren't relevant to the transmission.

The key is to narrow your mod down to the bare minimum of stuff that needs changed and leave the rest of your as-built (i.e. VIN encodings, tire size, your fancy PAM module ;) ) alone - instead of flashing the whole car wholesale.

I don't know that anybody who's done a 6R80 swap has done this and posted about it here. So good luck, and let us know what you find that works.
I've done some digging on your behalf with some as-built files I had lying around.

In the APIM, 7D0-01-01 xXxx xxxx xxxx - this character is set to A when rear park assist is present, otherwise it's set to 2. I'm guessing your total as-built flash changed this to a 2. Try changing it back to A.

7D0-04-02 xxxX xx - this character is set to a 1 when rear park assist is present, otherwise it's a 0. Same as above, try changing it back to 1.

NOTE ON APIM AS-BUILT CHANGES: I have observed that they don't take effect as easily as say, BCM changes when cycling the ignition on and off. If you pay close attention, you will note that the Sync 3 screen stays lit when you turn the car off and keep the door closed. Even AFTER you open the door, it stays on for some number of seconds. If you're somewhere dark (inside a garage for instance) you can see the difference between the screen being on, but displaying black, and being off. It's subtle. I assume this is when the APIM actually shuts completely off.

Sponsored

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Sadly no :( ....
Found it like 2 weeks ago. Asked our Swiss friend for help but he just doesn't care - in fact he's now charging money for FREE ideas - typical for Swiss people...

Auto lamps delay:

726-14-02 **xx xxxx xxxx Feature Cfg Auto Lamps Delay1 (seconds converted to hex)
726-14-02 xx** xxxx xxxx Feature Cfg Auto Lamps Delay2 (seconds converted to hex)
726-14-02 xxxx **xx xxxx Feature Cfg Auto Lamps Delay3 (seconds converted to hex)
726-14-02 xxxx xx** xxxx Feature Cfg Auto Lamps Delay4 (seconds converted to hex)
726-14-02 xxxx xxxx **xx Feature Cfg Auto Lamps Delay5 (seconds converted to hex)

726-21-01 **xx xxxx xxxx FeatLst to BCM Auto Lamps Delay Initial Value

I spent hours with ForScan and I was able to find few interesting options. For example my friend bought OP7 sequential indicators for his EU S550 and once he wired new LED DRL's in a old bulb circuit they would just shut off after starting the engine. Good you can switch the BCM DRL output frequency.

Spart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I've done some digging on your behalf with some as-built files I had lying around.

In the APIM, 7D0-01-01 xXxx xxxx xxxx - this character is set to A when rear park assist is present, otherwise it's set to 2. I'm guessing your total as-built flash changed this to a 2. Try changing it back to A.

7D0-04-02 xxxX xx - this character is set to a 1 when rear park assist is present, otherwise it's a 0. Same as above, try changing it back to 1.

NOTE ON APIM AS-BUILT CHANGES: I have observed that they don't take effect as easily as say, BCM changes when cycling the ignition on and off. If you pay close attention, you will note that the Sync 3 screen stays lit when you turn the car off and keep the door closed. Even AFTER you open the door, it stays on for some number of seconds. If you're somewhere dark (inside a garage for instance) you can see the difference between the screen being on, but displaying black, and being off. It's subtle. I assume this is when the APIM actually shuts completely off.
Some more stuff, just comparing an auto car to a manual car. The thing to do would be to flip these bits one by one and check the effects/consequences.

IPC (720)

720-02-01 Xxxx xxxx xxxx - this is 6 in the auto car, 2 in the manual car. Can't find any solid info in any spreadsheets on what this does.
720-02-02 XXxx xxxx - this is 08 in the auto, 1A in the manual, can't find info.
720-02-02 xxxx Xxxx - this is F in the auto, D in the manual. F seems to indicate remote start is available judging by the Fusion/F150 sheets, but You likely didn't add this module so you should probably leave yours as D.
720-03-02 xXxx xxxx - this is 8 in the auto, A in the manual. 8 appears to be standard on the F150 here as well and they noted that changing it to a 7 removed the tire pressure menu.
720-04-02 xxxx xXxx - this is 0 in the auto, 2 in the manual, can't find info.
720-06-01 xxxx Xxxx xxxx - this is 8 in the auto, 0 in the manual. From the GT350 sheet, this has to do with axle and trans oil temp being displayed. 0 means neither, 8 means trans temp displayed and axle temp not displayed.

The BCM also has lots of differences between the auto and manual cars on the following lines:
726-02-02
726-04-01
726-05-01
726-06-01
726-06-02
726-13-01
726-14-01
726-20-01
726-22-01
726-22-02
726-24-02
726-25-02
726-35-02
726-36-02
726-38-01
726-38-02
726-39-02
726-41-01
726-41-02
726-44-02
726-46-02 <- xxxx xxxX - F150 sheet says a 1 here means rear park aid present, whereas a 0 means not present. That seems to correspond to the Mustang as well.
726-60-02
726-61-02
726-62-02

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Right, you changed your wheels, I've changed my rims. I'm making an additional comment so if someone who happens to know the answer to your question may also know the answer to mine. My MPH is slightly off.
This went right over your head didn't it? He was trying to correct your verbiage. You have WHEELS not RIMS.
wheel-vs-rim-5512cedb81180.jpg

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
This went right over your head didn't it? He was trying to correct your verbiage. You have WHEELS not RIMS.
No mate - wheel is a combination of rim and tire - sometimes with tube.

I have rims, with tires. I have wheels without tires. I have rims without tires...