Mirror Replacements and Puddle Lamps

Wizo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R; 2019 Raptor; 2018 GX470
I am purchasing from Ford parts department new mirrors and lamps for my 2018 as I heard that I can just simply replace the whole assembly and they should be plug/play. I really want to have the cobra puddle lamps working. I am also hoping that I can figure out out to turn them on when i want to (driving, etc.)

I was checking out MPT performance but thought their pricing was too high ($1,200 for the mirrors and $600 for the carbon covers).

So directly from Ford i was able to get these for around $300 less. I am now looking to get some carbon covers for these to finish the look. Anyone have any luck finding some for a decent price? I know I can just pull off my black painted ones but to be honest they have some minor rock chips and one has a small scratch so this would be easier for me to buy them. The only ones i find on eBay are stick on covers that go on top of the original covers and will look cheap.

Any help here would be appreciated.
Sponsored

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
I am purchasing from Ford parts department new mirrors and lamps for my 2018 as I heard that I can just simply replace the whole assembly and they should be plug/play. I really want to have the cobra puddle lamps working. I am also hoping that I can figure out out to turn them on when i want to (driving, etc.)

I was checking out MPT performance but thought their pricing was too high ($1,200 for the mirrors and $600 for the carbon covers).

So directly from Ford i was able to get these for around $300 less. I am now looking to get some carbon covers for these to finish the look. Anyone have any luck finding some for a decent price? I know I can just pull off my black painted ones but to be honest they have some minor rock chips and one has a small scratch so this would be easier for me to buy them. The only ones i find on eBay are stick on covers that go on top of the original covers and will look cheap.

Any help here would be appreciated.
What about getting your current ones hydro-dipped?

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
Hydrodipping carbon fiber looks like ass. Nothing like the real thing
I’ve seen some rookies make it look really bad, agree. An experienced tech can do well.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
You would have to hook up the wiring somehow. I don't think it comes with a wiring harness.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wizo

Wizo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R; 2019 Raptor; 2018 GX470
You would have to hook up the wiring somehow. I don't think it comes with a wiring harness.
I asked someone and they said the 18 was a simple plug and play. Hoping that’s the case but since I bought the whole assembly I am sure that’s what it should be