Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I figure I'll just keep my car parked with the fuel tank on E. There's not a millenial I know of would be willing to pay for gas to drive it. :)
You know... I borrowed my parents 2003 F250 (in 2004) because my car was in the shop getting fixed. I had it for two days and the overhead gas gauge said *1* mile to empty when I parked it in my gated apartment complex... Walked outside in the morning to go get gas and I was like WTF... I know I parked it at the bottom of the stairs. I had been a little um.. *stoned* the night before so I walked around the complex and made sure I didn't park it elsewhere. Yup, it was stolen. 1 mile to empty and none of the gas stations within a couple miles had it on video.

Truck was found close to the border wrecked in a ditch offroad. Interior was hosed and for some reason a campfire had been in the bed of the pickup at sometime. Insurance actually fixed it even with $30k in damage at the time.

Moral of the story? IDK.. You just brought up empty gas tanks and theft. Crazy part is that 2003 is still running and has 375,000 miles on it. No major repairs other than brakes, fluids, etc. Oh, and the overhead gas gauge no longer works.. When it went out Ford wanted $500 to replace the lame old school LCD and control board.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the overhead gas gauge said *1* mile to empty when I parked it
yesterday I mis-judged how many miles it was to Culpepper by way of an end-run around a nasty accident on US-29 so I looked at my GPS and it said 16 miles to town, and my dash read 12 miles to empty. I short-shifted and used all down-hills to coast in Neutral. I was on hinky backroads with no centerline and little traffic. Was hoping one of the county 'thru-roads' merited a run-down garage with a gas pump of any kind. No such luck and I'm having to up and down some hills. Got to the first gas station on the outskirts of town 1 mile after it hit 'zero'. There was probably a few more miles left in there but I didn't feel like pushing the car or having to get a can and walking back.

Was glad to pay $4/gal for 93 octane from the Marathon gas company.

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
man i was all for this until i saw camaro at the end, barffffff
how about a 69 SS 396 instead? now that was a Camaro.
I have a 68 camaro and a 19ss. they are both all camaro . At least that's what my expensive registration and insurance I pay for claims .

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I hate to be wrong here... But I know a guy nick named "Stick"... (He plays pool). His real name is Manuel... No shit..

Is he mexican, cuban ?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
yesterday I mis-judged how many miles it was to Culpepper by way of an end-run around a nasty accident on US-29 so I looked at my GPS and it said 16 miles to town, and my dash read 12 miles to empty. I short-shifted and used all down-hills to coast in Neutral. I was on hinky backroads with no centerline and little traffic. Was hoping one of the county 'thru-roads' merited a run-down garage with a gas pump of any kind. No such luck and I'm having to up and down some hills. Got to the first gas station on the outskirts of town 1 mile after it hit 'zero'. There was probably a few more miles left in there but I didn't feel like pushing the car or having to get a can and walking back.

Was glad to pay $4/gal for 93 octane from the Marathon gas company.
Funny as hell, I fill at 1/2 a tank .... 4bucks a gal for Marathon, ROTF that's some story, learn anything ?

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
and...... my 2020 GT is the 10 speed auto! I truly liked it over my test drives with the 6 spd stick.
Yup, I test drove a manual it was not smooth shifting from 1st to 2nd while being easy on it, salesman in pass seat, and the gearbox made some funky noises while in 2nd.
The clutch pedal was all but dead as for feel. And was not a fan of the rev matching.

Sponsored

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Yup, I test drove a manual it was not smooth shifting from 1st to 2nd while being easy on it, salesman in pass seat, and the gearbox made some funky noises while in 2nd.
The clutch pedal was all but dead as for feel. And was not a fan of the rev matching.
what noise was 2nd making? that’s not good. mine doesn’t make a noise; maybe that was a lemon :(
and everyone complains about the clutch, but i have no complaints. it feels almost like my 2014 did, except it’s super springy and pushes back at you nicely. plus the car cheats so bad, because as you let off the clutch slowly, it automatically rises your rpm’s so it’s like impossible to stall out. when i used to back into anywhere, i always feathered the gas/clutch so it would sound like i was giving it a bunch of small revs, rather than constantly riding the clutch. with this car, i literally don’t need gas at all, i just hold the clutch and it will back up slowly. can’t tell if that’s like equivalent to riding the clutch or not though…but if the car does it on it’s own, it’s definitely a driver assist i would think. and i LOVE the rev matching!!!! your auto rev matches too though, it’s an option, if it’s on, when you down shift it matches for you.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
what noise was 2nd making? that’s not good. mine doesn’t make a noise; maybe that was a lemon :(
and everyone complains about the clutch, but i have no complaints. it feels almost like my 2014 did, except it’s super springy and pushes back at you nicely. plus the car cheats so bad, because as you let off the clutch slowly, it automatically rises your rpm’s so it’s like impossible to stall out. when i used to back into anywhere, i always feathered the gas/clutch so it would sound like i was giving it a bunch of small revs, rather than constantly riding the clutch. with this car, i literally don’t need gas at all, i just hold the clutch and it will back up slowly. can’t tell if that’s like equivalent to riding the clutch or not though…but if the car does it on it’s own, it’s definitely a driver assist i would think. and i LOVE the rev matching!!!! your auto rev matches too though, it’s an option, if it’s on, when you down shift it matches for you.
I'm used to a dual plate multi disc set up. So to me it was no feel.
I didn't expect race car type feel, but at least something, the engine control as the clutch started to lod the engine would add fuel/air to make up for it, taking away that feel of where the clutch was as far as, starting to engauge .
Ya something was funky with the transmission from the noises, car only had 4 miles on it, So no idea.

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
I'm used to a dual plate multi disc set up. So to me it was no feel.
I didn't expect race car type feel, but at least something, the engine control as the clutch started to lod the engine would add fuel/air to make up for it, taking away that feel of where the clutch was as far as, starting to engauge .
Ya something was funky with the transmission from the noises, car only had 4 miles on it, So no idea.
yeah i have no idea what a dual plate multi disc setup feels like….i drove a 91 nissan pickup, an 01 frontier, a 14 v6 mustang, an 07 tacoma, a 19 tacoma, a 98 pathfinder, and my 21 mustang lol

Wolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`18 Kona Blue Mustang Ecoboost PP, `10 Nissan GTR