Millennial Theft Proofing my Mustang

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
EDITORIAL DISCLAIMERS
1. Do not look at avatar.
2. Do not research available transmissions.
Too late! I've already used the GT350 and the Viper as examples when someone tried to tell me something like "Foreign cars get by with manuals because of their little 4-cylinder engines. When you have an American car with American power, a manual transmission can't take it."

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Kinda funny really as I've encountered this a few times, "uh wait no, I can't drive this one, sorry." Ironically my Millennial son's (Son #2) first car he bought was a Honda Civic 5-speed standard.

Sponsored

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...Reminds me of the "back in my day we used Iron Sights" veterans that have an aneurysm over the concept of a red dot sight. Sorry we're more lethal than you gramps...enjoy your VFW fish fry.
My grandpa was a WWII veteran, and probably would have thought a CCO or ACOG was pretty neat.

I was trained on iron sights, 2004-2010. In 2010 I finally saw CCO up close, and was like "That's got to by why that doofus is shooting better than me."

So while I was deployed to Asscrackistan, I bought myself a CCO for my birthday, and put it on the M16A2 the Air Force had issued me. Took it to the range the next chance I got, and by the end of the day I shot better than most of the doofuses around me.

(Then I found out the whole DoD had gone to a new model of CCO, and the armory no longer had the batteries for my kind. 🙄)

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
Clever, but I would have just hidden all of the USB ports so they can't plug their phones in. What good is stealing a car if you can't share the experience on TikTok?

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Millennials are turning 40 this year.
True, some are turning 40. The 20-something millenials in my office all drive automatics. 😕

In my local sports car club, the millenials all drive sticks, and the automatics belong to old men with German cars. 😆

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
True, some are turning 40. The 20-something millenials in my office all drive automatics. 😕

In my local sports car club, the millenials all drive sticks, and the automatics belong to old men with German cars. 😆
and...... my 2020 GT is the 10 speed auto! I truly liked it over my test drives with the 6 spd stick.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
and...... my 2020 GT is the 10 speed auto! I truly liked it over my test drives with the 6 spd stick.
I was the opposite. Renting a 10-speed for a weekend convinced me that when I bought my own Mustang, I wanted a stick.

Sponsored

Reinyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ahmad
Vehicle(s)
13 FRS 22 Mach 1 on order cries in -10 horsepower
This thread has me curious. I'm 27 and I have my Mach 1 on order with stick. Am I the youngest one?

Don't try to say anything about daddy's money btw my family's bad company

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
This thread has me curious. I'm 27 and I have my Mach 1 on order with stick. Am I the youngest one?

Don't try to say anything about daddy's money btw my family's bad company
yeah idk. making fun of millennials is so like ten years ago though. whatever gen is next, the ones on tiktok and all that crap, they’re the worst 🤣

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You made it sound like you got a new Mustang every year, lol. Hot swapping like that is probably pretty fun, although I feel like a year isn't enough time to really get to know and enjoy a car. That's just me though.
I bought 4 cars in 2019 and sold 3 of them 18mo later having spent decent $$$ mod'ing them. I agree it takes a few weeks to find the warts. Smiles/mile leader was the GTI by a healthy lead.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
yeah idk. making fun of millennials is so like ten years ago though. whatever gen is next, the ones on tiktok and all that crap, they’re the worst 🤣
Hold it!!!! I was part of the worst generation, going to hell, never gonna amount to nutting, horrible jangling music, smoking pot... those damn Hippies! Credit where credit is due. Ho ho.
Sponsored