Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Eco Premium
And almost no gas :)
Cheap bastards...

With my test drive and the fill up, it had just over 7 miles when I took it home.

I didn't drive far as I knew when I saw it I was buying it.
Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I just picked up my new one yesterday. The car had been in stock at the dealer for about a week when I bought it over the phone yesterday morning. When I got there around lunch to pick it up it had 7.9 miles showing. The salesman said that they were not allowing test drives nor even allowing salesmen to drive it. I donā€™t know why, it wasnā€™t anything special just a regular black GT coupe. Maybe because it was a manual trans, IDK. In any event I was pleased. It was probably the most flawless new car Iā€™ve ever taken delivery of. Not even so much as a lot wash swirl anywhere on the paint. I feel pretty lucky to have found it available, much less 50 miles from my home.

RSPEK 178

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
MY20 Mustang R Spec
As far as I know, Ford dealers can turn the odometer back to zero three times, provided it hasn't yet exceeded 50 km. This is meant precisely so that the customer receives his or her car without those extra test miles. However, for some reason they never seem to do it. In all my live I have never heard anyone say, "I picked up my car with zero miles on the clock". Why not? Beats me.

Two things strike me.
First, all the usual explanations (e.g. driving from the factory to the storage lot, loading and unloading on and from the truck, etc.) do not seem to explain the high number of miles on a new car's odometer. How far can the storage lot be from the factory? A couple hundred yards, perhaps? A mile at most? Loading the car on the delivery truck is just a matter of a few yards. So how does this explain nine miles?
Second, that we use to fret about the break-in period, what's the best way to do it, how not to do anything that could be even remotely unhealthy for the engine, when in fact the very first miles in the engine's life are done in the worst possible manner - start the engine, drive ten yards up a ramp, stop the engine, rinse and repeat. That's the worst thing you can do to an engine.
Mine had 57 km on it

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Bought my 2019 in the summer of 2020 and it had 184 miles on it with 9.9mpg being shown on the dash. Car was for sale in Michigan before dealer transfer to Arizona. Pretty sure it had a few test drives and full pulls on it before I got to it. Didnā€™t matter to me. Had it to the strip first weekend and the blower was installed at 700 miles. Iā€™ve been beating on it every chance I get since then.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Mine had 4.7mi by the time I signed. Safe to say I was the only one to test drive it.

Sponsored

RazzaRossa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
When I bought mine, It was off an overflow lot not right at the dealership, maybe a mile or 2 away. There were maybe 30-40 Mustangs parked in this lot with other stocked Ford models at the time. The dealership is close to Tampa bay, so I figured they drive them from the docks on the bay to the dealership. Mine had 24 miles on it and I'm pretty sure it was never test driven, they had to move a few cars to allow me to drive it after I picked it out. Most of the new cars advertised on their website show similar mileage.
Edit: Just checked the website, most new (11 Mustangs) have 5-9 miles on them, even the GT500's(2). So not consistent for whatever reason.

Last edited:

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
7 here, dealer only did pdi and fuel

black22gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trigger
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
Mine had 2 point something when I first looked at it before signing paperwork (it was getting tint in the back), and 3.9 when I took possesion. I know the salesman filled up the tank in the between time. Mine was a special order, so this should be pretty close to the minimum for this particular dealer anyways.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
My redheaded stepchild was sitting on the dealer lot for 8 months.
Had 80 miles on the clock.
Grabber lime 6mt is apparently not desireable.
My biggest issue was getting the shoe dye "great deal" off the windscreen.
That shit is tenacious.

AZRobert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 400a Atlas Blue Auto, Black Accent
So the factory delivered it with 2.8 miles, then it acquired another 6.2 miles just by sitting at the dealership? What did they do with it?
That was me Seating/bedding the brakes and driving with engine in backpressure to help initially seat the rings and exhaust valves (may no longer be necessary but I'm old school).
Then, before final delivery, they drove her to Chevron and filled her with 91 (the highest octane available here in metro PHX AZ area)

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Iā€™m willing to guess if it had over a half mile it was flogged several times before delivery.

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
My 2019 Bullitt sat at the dealer lot for a year, while they listed it at its $53k sticker price. It had 4.5 miles showing.

GT-G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Mine had 3.2 miles on it. Dealer called me when the truck rolled in and I went and picked it up. I had test driven another model then ordered mine.

Dingo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Deno
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback - Twister Orange 6M Ordered 2/Jan/2021
Mine had 40km, around 25 miles. Actully saw my car doing laps around the block by the Window Tinting guy the day before I picked it up, plus the salesman giving it a good workout when he drove it to the showroom, didn't expect us to be there that early for pickup.
Sponsored