Sponsored

Mild suspension upgrades, is there such a thing?

Excel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT and 2015 F150
the lack of shock selection is sad,maybe in a few years we will have more options but
These cars come with ,like all OEMs come with rubber bands for shocks.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
the lack of shock selection is sad,maybe in a few years we will have more options but
There are several good options:
Ford Performance Track (personal fav)
Koni Yellow
Steeda Pro Action Adjustable

Bilstein (hit or miss...struts available but rear shocks hard to find)
Viking (more drag focused but are double adjustable)

Kinjirra

I R Slow
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
16 Ruby Red GT W/PP, 401a
Vehicle Showcase
So far all I have installed are the Non Adj Steeda proactions, Steeda sport linear springs and the BMR CB005 and the difference is very noticeable yet still very much a street daily type of ride(I also upgraded to 20x10 wheels and 305/30s all around). Very mild upgrade imho yet well worth it.

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
I'm the second owner of a 2016 PP GT. It is more or less a week end car, with no plans at this time to track. I live in an area that is blessed with winding curvy roads. I have been debating on the FRPP track package, or adding the street springs, rear knuckle bearings, and the GT 350R sway bars. I plan on doing the work myself.
We can definitely put together a custom package based on your needs, or we have some packages available based upon different goals. Feel Free to reach out to us if you have any questions.

https://www.lethalperformance.com/f...ord-mustang-gt/suspension/suspension-packages

spacemarine83

2017 Grabber Blue GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/6spd
Not joking, I literally bought all of this minus the plates. Install is going on right now....I am excited to see how it handles.

I would recommend the following:

Ford Performance Track dampers
Ford Performance Toe knuckle bearing
BMR SP083 handling springs
BMR CB005
Steeda front control arm lateral links
Steeda bumpsteer kit
GT350 or GT350R bars
Caster / camber plates (take your pick)

I would sub in Steeda sport linear springs if you prefer Steeda.

With this mods your car will handle on a different level and be very composed and planted.
20190504_174738.jpg

Sponsored

Eric5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 401A
Not joking, I literally bought all of this minus the plates. Install is going on right now....I am excited to see how it handles.

20190504_174738.jpg
The camber plates...I ordered a set of Steeda drag springs (.5"/1.25" drop) and a stop the hop enthusiast kit. 19 GT w/o PP. No track days. Do I need camber plates or bolts to achieve a street alignment or is there enough adjustment in the factory hardware?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
The camber plates...I ordered a set of Steeda drag springs (.5"/1.25" drop) and a stop the hop enthusiast kit. 19 GT w/o PP. No track days. Do I need camber plates or bolts to achieve a street alignment or is there enough adjustment in the factory hardware?
Front camber is what it is; no adjustment is possible without bolts, plates, or slots. For the street I think you’ll be fine—the -1.8 to -2.0 range you’ll fall in is a good place to be. Of course, if you want 100% symmetry or future adjustment then get some plates.

For the rear you can adjust camber. Toe for both the front and rear can be done without additional parts as well.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
If your front springs are off you might as well throw on camber plates.

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Speaking of shocks...I feel my stock rear shocks allow too much rebound. If that were my only mod, which are the best for street?

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Speaking of shocks...I feel my stock rear shocks allow too much rebound. If that were my only mod, which are the best for street?
ProAction adjustable shocks with the shock mounts will make a very noticeable improvement.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I'm just wanting a nice firm planted street ride which could go to the track and hook up decent. So far I have installed Eibach Pro springs, BMR sway bars, end links, CB006 4 pt front chassis brace, CB005 cradle lockout on a Performance Package GT.

I'm open to a spring change if not coil overs. Which route and why? Koni's, Viking??

What would be some next good linkage upgrades? BMR?

TIA

Last edited:

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I'm just wanting a nice firm planted street ride which could go to the track and hard up decent. So far I have installed Eibach Pro springs, BMR sway bars, end links, CB006 4 pt front chassis brace, CB005 cradle lockout.

I'm open to a spring change if not coil overs. Which route and why?

What would be some next good linkage upgrades? BMR?

TIA
What don't you like about the Eibach's? I've got the GT350R springs and Steeda adjustables. It's a firm controlled ride without much lowering; about .5 inch. Not sure I'd go with coil overs unless you are a bigger track junkie than I am.
Sponsored