Sponsored

Mild suspension upgrades, is there such a thing?

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just wanting a nice firm planted street ride which could go to the track and hard up decent. So far I have installed Eibach Pro springs, BMR sway bars, end links, CB006 4 pt front chassis brace, CB005 cradle lockout.

I'm open to a spring change if not coil overs. Which route and why?

What would be some next good linkage upgrades? BMR?

TIA
What is it about your current setup that you don’t like? Looks to me like you have a very capable vehicle that will also have a great ride on the street.
Sponsored

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
It's not that I don't like the Eibachs, I was just wanting to convey that I wasn't dead set on keeping them if folks thought that I might get a better ride with something else.

So perhaps just shocks and struts? Will I need caster/camber plates?

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
It's not that I don't like the Eibachs, I was just wanting to convey that I wasn't dead set on keeping them if folks thought that I might get a better ride with something else.

So perhaps just shocks and struts? Will I need caster/camber plates?
I didn't notice that you were using stock dampers at first look, so yes absolutely replace those if you want a better ride and more performance. The OEM PP shocks and struts weren't matched well to the OEM springs from the beginning; adding the extra rate from the Eibachs certainly won't help the cause.

I'm just wanting a nice firm planted street ride which could go to the track and hook up decent.
Road course or drag strip?

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
^^ Road/autocross

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
^^ Road/autocross
I think I see your dilemma. You for sure need dampers, but while you're taking the car apart you have the opportunity to swap springs simultaneously -- so the question is: "do you or don't you". Spring rate wise I think the Eibachs Pros are a good overall setup (especially considering you already have adjustable swaybars), but if you race quite a bit you could certainly go for more (GT350R/Steeda Dual Rates). Tough call that only you can make.

As far as CC plates, get them if you race. You'll want the option for gobs of camber.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
@JohnBoyNC - you need a stiffer setup to control the body roll. You need a setup that can handle the autox/road course and also be livable on the street.

I recommend BMR SP083 handling springs and Ford Performance dampers. These are not a huge drop, so not too much to muck up the suspension geometry. But, the stance looks great. From my own experience spent on three different spring and damper combinations - this is where I landed at. It handles really well on the street to the point where I can't exploit it.

Plenty of people running this combination on the street and on the track with success. Run about -2 camber in front and -1.5 camber in the rear and add a GT350 front sway bar, or better yet the BMR front bar (on soft is about the same stiffness at the 350 one but you have the option of stiffening further). The place where the bar is needed is in the front because MacPherson strut suspension has a bad camber curve. With the springs & dampers combined with a front sway bar you can keep the dynamic camber in check during cornering. No need to do a rear sway bar. Keep the stock one.

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Can anyone vouch for the Eibach Pro spring / FP struts and shocks combination?

Should I go ahead and do FP springs (thinking about the Street versions, 1" drop) that are matched to the shocks/struts?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone vouch for the Eibach Pro spring / FP struts and shocks combination?

Should I go ahead and do FP springs (thinking about the Street versions, 1" drop) that are matched to the shocks/struts?
I have no reason to think it would work anything but extremely well. Keep the bumpstops, too.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
ProAction adjustable shocks with the shock mounts will make a very noticeable improvement.
So why not the Viking double adjustable ones?

Sponsored

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Just went for a nice break in ride after installing FP track shocks n struts with Eibach Pros, BMR cradle lockouts, BMR swaybars with end links, and a Shaftmasters alum driveshaft. Already had the BMR 4 pt front brace, CB006. All I can say is......that is a whole new car!!

On rails and planted flat the whole time and that's before an alignment. No more loose and light rear end at speed and the take offs were so improved with the CB005 and the one piece driveshaft. I haven't been that giddy driving this car since the day I first got it.

Wow!!
20190601_141435.jpg
20190530_195343.jpg

Last edited:

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
Choose your brand; I suggested the ProActions because I have them on my car and like them. The reality is that any well made adjustable shock will set you better off than the PP bits.
Thanks, I was just wondering if the Vikings in particular had any bad issues. They don't seem to require new upper shock mounts with various adapters, etc....
Sponsored