Sponsored

MFP Crank Support

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I'm currently running the MFP Crank Support on my 2020 Whipple car with the stock 6 rib balancer. I would like to switch to an overdrive balancer, but remain as 6 rib. It seems that ATI only offers 8 and 10 rib options, but Innovators West offers a 10% OD 6 rib option. I have a feeling that the MFP crank support won't work with the IW balancer. Can anyone confirm this or suggest another 6 rib option with OD?
Sponsored

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'm currently running the MFP Crank Support on my 2020 Whipple car with the stock 6 rib balancer. I would like to switch to an overdrive balancer, but remain as 6 rib. It seems that ATI only offers 8 and 10 rib options, but Innovators West offers a 10% OD 6 rib option. I have a feeling that the MFP crank support won't work with the IW balancer. Can anyone confirm this or suggest another 6 rib option with OD?
You can use a balancer with a smaller belt not a bigger one for obvious reasons.
you can run a 8 or 10 rib balancer and a 6 rib belt.

OP
OP

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
You can use a balancer with a smaller belt not a bigger one for obvious reasons.
you can run a 8 or 10 rib balancer and a 6 rib belt.
The 6 rib MFP crank support won't clear the 8 rib balancer, unfortunately.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The 6 rib MFP crank support won't clear the 8 rib balancer, unfortunately.
My bad I didn't read/understand the question.... if this is the case then the IW and the ATI are your main choices here. I have not seen any other balancers that are out there for the 5.0 coyote cranks... I guess you could use the predator setup if you're willing to hack up the kit, change out a bunch of pulleys to make it work. but that seems like more headache than it's worth.

See if you can get an upgrade from MFP maybe?
Sponsored