Sponsored

Medical / Car Question

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
I had meniscus repair back December of 19'. I waited for surgery a little over a year after I injury. Got to the point it bothered and hurt me to much. Got about 2 months of relief then back to feeling like it never got fixed. So back to the doc I went. Apparently the meniscus injury can accelerate the onset of arthritis, so my knee was at a grade 3-4 on the arthritic scale. Going in for a series of gel injection next month hoping for some relief. Doc did say knee replacement is in my future.
Your history is pretty similar to my wife's. She had the full knee replacement last year after putting it off for ages. While she says that kneeling on it is really disquieting (not painful, just weird), everything else is so much better that she wishes she hadn't put it off for so long.
Sponsored

OP
OP
OldPhart

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi again - In my knee replacement post at the end I said "Values sure have changed". I think I should retract that because back in the '60s when I had my GTOs, there were lots of guys who just beat the piss out of their muscle cars. Those cars didn't have modern suspensions or traction control so there were a lot of them that kissed curbs, guard rails, trees, etc. You could do burnouts but not like today and I don't recall drifting or donuts... Bruce

Last edited:

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
Wow, I had the arthroscopic surgery for a torn meniscus (I was 56) in my clutch knee and walked from the recovery room to my wife's car and was clutching away in my Mustang the next day when the anesthesia was completely worn off. Doctor wanted me on it, using it, period. He did give me some good drugs, which I swapped for ibuprofen after a couple of days. Still works good, but need to loose some weight to keep it from becoming an issue. Good luck!

RichGT350R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350R HEP
Hey Bruce, glad to see it went well! As others have said..... listen to your Therapist! I tore my patella tendon in 2013. They told me I would be out of work for a year.. I said no way! I had perhaps the best therapist in our area ( with a fur coat on and hosed down) she may have weighed 85#. But boy did she work me.. I was back to work with no restrictions in 5 months. Not bad considering I had to wait 2 months healing before I started therapy! Best Of Luck!

PS.. look into a tens machine. When you do therapy, they will put one in you towards the end of the session.. what a wonderful machine.. I had my Dr. write a script for one and they filled it right there at therapy! Second best $5.00 copay!
Sponsored