Mecum CFTP Heritage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Reality is coming back to the car market. Dealers took a gamble holding these and now even local to me, I see GT500s sitting months in their showrooms. I feel sorry for all the folks who paid $20-30k markups. Too many of them have been built so the rarity isn’t there to make them a good investment. That’s my opinion.
I don't feel sorry for them one bit. They got the car they wanted at a price they felt was acceptable for them at the time. Glad they are in the car they wanted.

If you bought one as an investment, then I laugh at that in the current market. Not working out so well at this point and time.. Maybe that changes in years to come, maybe not.

I have a relationship with a non ADM dealership and therefore I bought my 2022 CFTP HE at MSRP. I would not have bought the car if a ADM was being charged.

Rarity on a mass produce car, meh. The only "rare" ones on this run are the 2021 carbon fiber handling package cars (not CFTP), 2015 GT350 and the GT350 HE cars. Those have some "rarity." The 2021 carbon fiber handling package cars are very likely the lowest production numbers of any short of the 2015 GT350s. I don't know the numbers on the CFPH cars but 2015 GT350 numbered 100 total. 50R and 50 base.

Yes, I threw in GT350, but if you want to talk rarity, they have a 2 that might be considered rare.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a35450397/2021-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-details-announced/

Drive your GT500 and enjoy. I know I do.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Here we go again. Dealers, especially franchised, don’t give a shxt if these cars sit. It has zero affect on there floor plan. They know they will eventually sell as the supply diminish’s. The cars are also a good draw for customers and sell other models. What escapes those with comments like yours is those that have the means to pay adm’s if they wish to attain a car aren’t subject to market swings.

Reality is coming back to the car market. Dealers took a gamble holding these and now even local to me, I see GT500s sitting months in their showrooms. I feel sorry for all the folks who paid $20-30k markups. Too many of them have been built so the rarity isn’t there to make them a good investment. That’s my opinion.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
LOL I don’t know where you’re looking but I just looked at a 2020 350R with 6k miles on Friday that is listed for $12k over original sticker (yes I know this thread is about 500 CFTP’s, not 350R’s but the same logic applies). Used 2020-2021 CFTP’s with some miles on them (4-8k) are selling at original sticker (some for slightly more, some for just under). I’d say that’s holding value pretty well for cars that ”aren’t rare”.

There’s only a handful of new 500’s within 200 miles of me and they all have $15-$30k markups. And much like where you’re at, we’re just entering prime driving season here in the Midwest so these cars will start getting snatched up soon. These are highly desirable cars and dealers have no problem sitting on them to draw people in to help sell other cars because they know they’ll get their price. And those that have the means and want these cars will pay the freight and not think twice about it. That’s the reality.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
LOL I don’t know where you’re looking but I just looked at a 2020 350R with 6k miles on Friday that is listed for $12k over original sticker (yes I know this thread is about 500 CFTP’s, not 350R’s but the same logic applies). Used 2020-2021 CFTP’s with some miles on them (4-8k) are selling at original sticker (some for slightly more, some for just under). I’d say that’s holding value pretty well for cars that ”aren’t rare”.

There’s only a handful of new 500’s within 200 miles of me and they all have $15-$30k markups. And much like where you’re at, we’re just entering prime driving season here in the Midwest so these cars will start getting snatched up soon. These are highly desirable cars and dealers have no problem sitting on them to draw people in to help sell other cars because they know they’ll get their price. And those that have the means and want these cars will pay the freight and not think twice about it. That’s the reality.
The market for all cars is coming down and GT500s will follow suit. If you want to make money on one you better do it now cause in another year or so they’ll be below MSRP. The last two years have been an unusual mess that artificially pushed the market on all cars. You can’t look at the trend of two years to deduce future value with any accuracy. Two years ago you could get a 13/14 GT500 for $37-40K and I’m betting they’ll return to that soon.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The market for all cars is coming down and GT500s will follow suit. If you want to make money on one you better do it now cause in another year or so they’ll be below MSRP. The last two years have been an unusual mess that artificially pushed the market on all cars. You can’t look at the trend of two years to deduce future value with any accuracy. Two years ago you could get a 13/14 GT500 for $37-40K and I’m betting they’ll return to that soon.
As it pertains to right now, they’re still commanding strong pricing even in a somewhat softer market. As for the future, you could very well be right but I look at what’s coming up and this segment is just dwindling as far as offerings. Dodge is exiting, Camaro is exiting. So it’s Corvette and Mustang holding down the American muscle/sports car segment. And right now, S650 top offering is the 500hp Dark Horse and who knows what, if anything, is coming as far as a future Shelby offering. So in my opinion, S550 Shelby’s have a better chance of holding value because at least as of right now there’s no future vehicle to take its place. But that’s just my opinion and I don’t have a crystal ball so I could very well be the one that’s wrong in a year or two.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Napa in California and Bob Davidson in Baltimore are the 2 biggest buyers of GT500s in the country, both dealerships have been buying up and selling as many as possible for many months now. Big selection and big ADM if your a baller this is your stop.
no dog in this fight…but i would add Lawrence Motorsports in Scottsdale Az to that list. I was there on the 2nd of April and they have no less than a full dozen GT500s in every color available sitting in their showroom 😎

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
Unless it had 80-90k miles I never seen a 13/14 car listed at $37-40k A couple years ago.07-12 cars yes but NEVER a 13/14 car. I promise you if there was a sub 40k- 13/14 car with reasonable lower mileage it would be in my garage.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Unless it had 80-90k miles I never seen a 13/14 car listed at $37-40k A couple years ago.07-12 cars yes but NEVER a 13/14 car. I promise you if there was a sub 40k- 13/14 car with reasonable lower mileage it would be in my garage.
I was looking at them prior to buying my 21 and I saw plenty of decent mileage ones in the low 40’s and a few with 50-60K miles in the high 30s.

Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.