LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
IMG_20220714_114904767.jpg

Looks like I got lucky with my $275 eBay purchase. It has a steel housing!
Does anyone know if the Mustang axles are a one size fits all??
Cast Iron housing adds 20# over the Diff brace on alum though, and the aluminum diff with support is stronger than the Iron without the support. Hopefully it has the correct gears for you. Most all half shafts are interchangeable, as long as they are for an S550.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Mine only go up one notch, I think they went up farther when they were new. Can't remember! Guess I need to pull out the manual and do some troubleshooting??
Easy Fix. Lower them all the way down, do the Bleed and refill procedures which is on their web site. Plus their are plenty of YOU TUBE Videos on people doing this procedure. You most likely have air in your lines which isn't good. And always, make sure when ever you Raise or Lower the jacks that you "OPEN" the Vent CAP all of the way to prevent cavitation of your tank. Good Luck

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
dude i was wondering why i kept seeing cast iron and aluminum diffs.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks for posting the video! And that's the way I'd do it, if I had a 3 man Crew and lift... But, I do all my own work by myself and only have a scissor lift (which 1k times better than I've had in the past), so I was thinking of pulling the complete rear cradle out and upgrading everything, in preparation for the possibility of a future 700 HP motor/tranny combination.
I’m with you. I pulled mine with two floor jacks and motorcycle scissor jack (as seen in post #10), by myself. I just kept alternating between all three jacks when lowering and raising the cradle. Certainly not the best way, but it went smoothly.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
Easy Fix. Lower them all the way down, do the Bleed and refill procedures which is on their web site. Plus their are plenty of YOU TUBE Videos on people doing this procedure. You most likely have air in your lines which isn't good. And always, make sure when ever you Raise or Lower the jacks that you "OPEN" the Vent CAP all of the way to prevent cavitation of your tank. Good Luck
Thanks! I appreciate the help!!

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Thanks! I appreciate the help!!
I forgot, after the Jack system bleed procedures, with the jacks fully down is when you fill the reservoir. Good Luck. IMHO: I would not use them to lift a car unless they worked as specifications describe. To many things can happen. Good Luck

Bullitt78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2015 Mustang GT Premium.
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed! Upgrade half shafts and add the Steeda Hardcore differential bracket and bushings with their through bolt kit. The differential will have to be dropped in order to install the bushings (and properly torque them) as well as the differential bracket.

6BF00334-239F-454C-BCF9-12C44F02900A.jpeg

1D10AF2D-F72F-4E94-9E3E-27F6052C4B32.jpeg

1657806906393.jpeg
I recently just added the Steeda Red Diff Bushing and their alignment kit to go along with the subframe braces, and bushing support kit. Man I noticed NVH immediately. Did you or anyone else experience this? The noise at low speeds and while changing gears from a stand still in my auto is extremely annoying for me. Steeda told me each cars different but it’s pretty bad imo. I’m really disappointed in those things. Steeda’s response was to sell them to someone else, which I thought was kinda shitty especially for a repeat customer.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I recently just added the Steeda Red Diff Bushing and their alignment kit to go along with the subframe braces, and bushing support kit. Man I noticed NVH immediately. Did you or anyone else experience this? The noise at low speeds and while changing gears from a stand still in my auto is extremely annoying for me. Steeda told me each cars different but it’s pretty bad imo. I’m really disappointed in those things. Steeda’s response was to sell them to someone else, which I thought was kinda shitty especially for a repeat customer.
I have very little NVH, even with the black bushings, polyurethane motor mounts and Boomba transmission mount (with black bushings) it’s not unbearable at all. Maybe each car is different, but I never would have thought that. In addition to the bushings, I have all of the other Steeda rear suspension parts too, so I’m really surprised thst I don’t have more NVH, although I was expecting some.

Are you running an aftermarket driveshaft?

Bullitt78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have very little NVH, even with the black bushings, polyurethane motor mounts and Boomba transmission mount (with black bushings) it’s not unbearable at all. Maybe each car is different, but I never would have thought that. In addition to the bushings, I have all of the other Steeda rear suspension parts too, so I’m really surprised thst I don’t have more NVH, although I was expecting some.

Are you running an aftermarket driveshaft?
No, stock driveshaft and stock half shafts with headers and a GT350 rear valance and exhaust. I have a bunch of other suspension upgrades like vertical links, g-trac brace, strut tower brace, front and rear sway bars and Steeda shocks and springs. Maybe the combination caused it somewhere but man it’s noticeable at slow speeds, at a red light with your foot on the break and while changing from Park to drive and into reverse. If it was just while changing gears I would t mind but it’s at red lights and slow speeds. Too much man!

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
No, stock driveshaft and stock half shafts with headers and a GT350 rear valance and exhaust. I have a bunch of other suspension upgrades like vertical links, g-trac brace, strut tower brace, front and rear sway bars and Steeda shocks and springs. Maybe the combination caused it somewhere but man it’s noticeable at slow speeds, at a red light with your foot on the break and while changing from Park to drive and into reverse. If it was just while changing gears I would t mind but it’s at red lights and slow speeds. Too much man!
I gotcha. How long have you been dealing with the NVH? Do you plan to remove the bushings from the car? If you do, over time, you could end up with torn bushings. If they are torn already, the Steeda bushings can serve as a replacement if you will, so that you don’t have to replace the factory bushings. How many miles are on your car? Take a look at this thread.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/differential-bushing-finally-failed.130993/

Sponsored

Bullitt78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I gotcha. How long have you been dealing with the NVH? Do you plan to remove the bushings from the car? If you do, over time, you could end up with torn bushings. If they are torn already, the Steeda bushings can serve as a replacement if you will, so that you don’t have to replace the factory bushings. How many miles are on your car? Take a look at this thread.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/differential-bushing-finally-failed.130993/
Thanks for the info I looked over that thread. So, my cars a 2015 with only 32k on it. I got it in 2019 and only put 6k on it since then. An older man had it before me and he didn’t track it at all. I’ve had the bushings on for 2 weeks now and I can hear the noise like I said at low speeds and red lights. The mechanic I work with recommended taking out the rear ones and seeing if that helps since they are the easiest to remove. The cars not a track car it’s a street car so I’m not really trying to put up with the noise and with the other suspension parts I have I don’t think I’ll lose to much by taking them out. It just bothers me not sure how others feel but it’s noticeable definitely.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I installed the red Steeda inserts and cradle alignment kit a few weeks ago. ZERO added NVH.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Thanks for the info I looked over that thread. So, my cars a 2015 with only 32k on it. I got it in 2019 and only put 6k on it since then. An older man had it before me and he didn’t track it at all. I’ve had the bushings on for 2 weeks now and I can hear the noise like I said at low speeds and red lights. The mechanic I work with recommended taking out the rear ones and seeing if that helps since they are the easiest to remove. The cars not a track car it’s a street car so I’m not really trying to put up with the noise and with the other suspension parts I have I don’t think I’ll lose to much by taking them out. It just bothers me not sure how others feel but it’s noticeable definitely.
That’s true, the rear ones are easiest to remove. One bolt each, reinstall bolts and retorque to 129 ft-lbs.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Try and inspect the factory bushings as best you can for tears or dry rot while you’re at it, so that you know exactly what you’re up against.

Bullitt78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the red Steeda inserts and cradle alignment kit a few weeks ago. ZERO added NVH.
Man after my experience I find it hard to believe but that could line up with what Steeda is saying. Everyone’s IRS responds differently. I mean you don’t hear anything extra at gear shifts or at red lights? Mine is at its worst after I drive it hard a little then get to a red light or try and reverse.
Sponsored