MAD MATT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I am building a subwoofer for my '18 vert and am looking for carpet that is an exact match to the OEM trunk trim. Does anyone know where I can find this?
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Am I correct in assuming that your OEM carpet in the trunk is gray?

OP
OP
MAD MATT

MAD MATT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, are there other stock colors?

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I was just wondering if all the trunk carpets are gray, even if the interior carpets are black. All of my other cars have the same color in the interior and the trunk.

Yes, are there other stock colors?

OP
OP
MAD MATT

MAD MATT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Probably SUVs or hatchbacks. My car has the black and red interior but still a grey trunk like every other one I have seen.

Sponsored

MrTej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP MT
I just finished an amp rack and I used charcoal gray felt from JoAnn Fabrics. I used the same felt in my ‘15 V6 when I built a fiberglass sub enclosure. It’s real close to the OEM carpet in the trunk, and easy to work with because it doesn’t have a backing on it.
F26AB1B8-DBE7-45CA-A13C-711AC76B12C9.jpeg

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I just finished an amp rack and I used charcoal gray felt from JoAnn Fabrics. I used the same felt in my ‘15 V6 when I built a fiberglass sub enclosure. It’s real close to the OEM carpet in the trunk, and easy to work with because it doesn’t have a backing on it.
Nice job. Most people don't bother to hide the wiring in the trunk. I like how you did that. Do you have any more info on your build? I'm currently doing mine and I am now at the stage of pulling the trunk panels and adding the dampening (a have a huge box of Killmat) and I am still deciding if I want to take the extra effort to have it all neat and pretty or just basic and functional.

MrTej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP MT
Nice job. Most people don't bother to hide the wiring in the trunk. I like how you did that. Do you have any more info on your build? I'm currently doing mine and I am now at the stage of pulling the trunk panels and adding the dampening (a have a huge box of Killmat) and I am still deciding if I want to take the extra effort to have it all neat and pretty or just basic and functional.
Thanks StangTime. I bought the same huge box of Kilmat because of your post! :) I plan to post a build thread sometime today. I think I did a couple of unique things that I haven’t seen done before, so hope to help out where I can.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Thanks StangTime. I bought the same huge box of Kilmat because of your post! :) I plan to post a build thread sometime today. I think I did a couple of unique things that I haven’t seen done before, so hope to help out where I can.
Sounds good. Looking forward to seeing your install. :like:

OP
OP
MAD MATT

MAD MATT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have same carpet that is close, but I built a sub box that will always be exposed, so I was hoping to find an exact match.

Sponsored

MrTej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP MT
upload_2020-7-13_18-26-37.jpeg

This is the fiberglass enclosure I built with the charcoal gray felt, up against the stock trunk carpet. Hopefully that gives you a better idea of what it would look like. I thought it it was pretty darn close.

OP
OP
MAD MATT

MAD MATT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That looks great! Charcoal gray felt from JoAnn Fabrics, huh. And it looks like it stretched over the contours pretty nicely. I'll have to run over there and see if they have the same thing at my local JoAnn's. Pretty easy to work with? Glued it in place?

MrTej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP MT
That looks great! Charcoal gray felt from JoAnn Fabrics, huh. And it looks like it stretched over the contours pretty nicely. I'll have to run over there and see if they have the same thing at my local JoAnn's. Pretty easy to work with? Glued it in place?
Yes, it’s really easy to work with because it has no backing- it easily stretches around contours, corners, etc. I used 3M spray adhesive to glue it down. Got that from Home Depot.

OP
OP
MAD MATT

MAD MATT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I ran over to Joann's and found 2 or three different "charcoal" felts. I grabbed the lightest one...which was too light. I'll have to go back with the spare tire cover to find the right one.

OP
OP
MAD MATT

MAD MATT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I assume you keep the spare tire cover panel over this, do you have any problems with heat?
Sponsored