Master rear spoiler thread -- Post yours here!

pandahater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
This may be a stupid question but I've never messed with the spoiler on any car;

I got a 17 GT base with the black package a few months ago, I loved the black package across the board except for the spoiler. Are there any spoilers out there (ford or aftermarket) that would mount to the same holes? As much as I dislike mine, I dislike the thought of drilling into it even more lol.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
This may be a stupid question but I've never messed with the spoiler on any car;

I got a 17 GT base with the black package a few months ago, I loved the black package across the board except for the spoiler. Are there any spoilers out there (ford or aftermarket) that would mount to the same holes? As much as I dislike mine, I dislike the thought of drilling into it even more lol.
I think ford performance has designed the gt350 track pack spoiler for same holes..

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium

GT350 track pack uses the same holes. Steeda Q series and Cervinis Stalker are both 3M tape only and will cover the factory holes, you'll just want to waterproof the holes before installing either of those spoilers.

DRKHORS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang, '17 Mustang, '18 F150, '23 Mustang GT

There are several out there that use the existing holes left by the factory spoiler. I chose to go with the MMD by Foose...

RR67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Ruby Red Mustang, 3.55 auto
Ingot Silver GT here and I'd like to add a California Special spoiler. Which one do you guys suggest.

http://www.americanmuscle.com/gtcs-style-rear-spoiler-pre-painted-1517.html

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-44210-16CS/15-17-mustang-california-special-spoiler-black

Not sure which one is more OEM like, so if you've got a suggestion on something similiar let me know.
If you haven't done anything yet, I would wait to see if we can get the 2018 spoiler. Kinda similar design, but it stands off the car a little more so its more noticeable (if that's what you are after).

http://www.cjponyparts.com/resources/2018-mustang-spoilers

This is the spoiler I want for my car!!

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Dang if they only designed that spoiler without the centerstand it would do it for me. Would have been similar to the R spoiler with a better lines in the middle..Thing looks like the 3rd brake light assembly fell out of it.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Dang if they only designed that spoiler without the centerstand it would do it for me. Would have been similar to the R spoiler with a better lines in the middle..Thing looks like the 3rd brake light assembly fell out of it.
I'm willing to bet they have the center support not only to keep it from buffeting in the wind, but also so they can keep the same holes in the trunk as the 2015-2017 mustangs. That way Ford didn't have to retool the trunk design.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
I'm willing to bet they have the center support not only to keep it from buffeting in the wind, but also so they can keep the same holes in the trunk as the 2015-2017 mustangs. That way Ford didn't have to retool the trunk design.
Thats exactly whats going on.

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
By chance anyone in here have a rear spoiler ( besides factory ) they'd be interested in selling, before I go new? CDC Outlaw, Cervinis, V Series, Trufiber, etc.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Thats exactly whats going on.
The plus side is it should be a direct replacement for those of us with a factory spoiler on our 2015-2017.

6g Smoke Show

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
Finally installed the FR GT350 track spoiler today, should have gone this way from the get go!