Master rear spoiler thread -- Post yours here!

Shap00p33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
'16 ecoboost magnetic grey metallic
I finally get to post in this thread!
Spoiler is from 101Aero (@101blur on Instagram). Only change I plan to make is coating the support rods white.

i-SZdWBsQ-X3.jpg

i-KTcJRSG-X3.jpg

i-PZXPwTV-X3.jpg
How was the install on this one? does it attach to the top of the trunk in any way or do just the bars hold it on?

thanks.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Just curious for those drilling through their deck lids:

Are you putting some type of prep/sealant onto the drilled holes so that over time moisture does not start causing rust/cancer/paint issues? If so, what product?

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
How was the install on this one? does it attach to the top of the trunk in any way or do just the bars hold it on?

thanks.
Install was easy. It bolts to the trunk using OE hole locations. I didn't have them, so I had to drill. The rods are just for stability and adjustability.
Couple of close ups showing mounting:

i-g82F9Gr-X3.jpg

i-4pvBp87-X3.jpg

Are you putting some type of prep/sealant onto the drilled holes so that over time moisture does not start causing rust/cancer/paint issues? If so, what product?
I put some etch primer on the bare edges and then some paint. Also used a sealer (like RTV) on the bottom of the spoiler around the holes to keep it water-tight.

Boston23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PPP Ingot Silver

I used OEM touch up paint and Permatex clear silicone.

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
I just used some black Rustoleum paint and primer. Coated it all good with some overlap. Didn't need to look good as the spoiler covers it.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
fam.. i have spoilerless virgin trunklid...and i am at brink to get spoiler or not.. help me

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
fam.. i have spoilerless virgin trunklid...and i am at brink to get spoiler or not.. help me
Drill and thrill! ..lol I'm in same boat you are. Got this nice fiberglass gt350r replica that I bought on the cheap from cjpony cause it was one of their unpainted demos. Having a pp gt my trunk lid is untouched and for some time I contemplated buying a used lid cause I didnt wish to drill the original. Even picked one up on ebay from an auto recycler. Was in pretty good shape till it got shipped and destroyed. The recyclers shipped it strapped and wrapped to an 8' pallet. Got the hell beat out of it and being aluminum it showed every weakness imaginable. Anyways just got to get the gt350r spoiler to a paint shop and become brave enough to get it mounted. What makes it tough is knowing that the trunk lid is date code stamped and decaled with the VIN so it will no longer be pure once modified. Good luck in your decision though!

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
On the same note... can i just do 3m and adhesive aplifier

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
+1, since the Steeda spoiler is just 3m I would like to know if this would work with the GT350 track pack or RTR spoiler. Has anyone removed the bolts from the spoiler and just used 3m tape?
I don wanna drill thats the reason.. like roush side scoops they stick with 3m tape

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
There are some Roush knock offs that hold only with tape too. I like the Steeda but couldn't justify the price so I said screw it and got the Roush and drilled.

BigShadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP MT Guard 2016
To drill or not to drill

I don wanna drill thats the reason.. like roush side scoops they stick with 3m tape
Initially I also had problems with the thought of drilling... So I decided to let the paint shop do the job...(since the Steeda wing had to be painted anyway).

And no regrets after that! Feels like the wing should have been there from the start...
IMG_2071.jpg
IMG_2075.jpg

Bluedream

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT DIB premium pp, 2017 Focus RS
On the same note... can i just do 3m and adhesive aplifier
I also dont wanna drill but the options are limited. And the roush knockoff that uses 3m has been sold out for a while now. I called the company and they dont know when it will be in stock again.

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
I also dont wanna drill but the options are limited. And the roush knockoff that uses 3m has been sold out for a while now. I called the company and they dont know when it will be in stock again.
i made my mind... drill the shit it... gettin mmd by foose

mswift5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt (guard)
Not sure if I uploaded mine here or not but here is a new shot if I did........ :-)
Mustang shoot.jpg