Magneride strut leaking.

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
Have any of you guys experienced a leaking magneride strut? My front passenger side is a olily mess at the bottom of the strut, nothing running down from the top. It will get covered under warranty but the car only has 15k, 2020 HPP. I am running the FP Magneride Springs so not sure if that aided in it leaking 🤷🏼‍♂️
Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Weird that it would leak at the bottom. Don’t think I have ever seen that, outside of damage from something rubbing through the casing. Usually it’s where the piston comes out at the top.

OP
OP
steve0s550

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
It
Weird that it would leak at the bottom. Don’t think I have ever seen that, outside of damage from something rubbing through the casing. Usually it’s where the piston comes out at the top.
It could be leaking from top and just accumulating at the bottom of the plastic sleeve.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Magneride struts are 'upside down' to increase installation stiffness and reduce operating friction. It makes sense you'd see the oil at the bottom. It leaks out of the damper, down the shaft and then puddles in the strut housing.

OP
OP
steve0s550

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
Magneride struts are 'upside down' to increase installation stiffness and reduce operating friction. It makes sense you'd see the oil at the bottom. It leaks out of the damper, down the shaft and then puddles in the strut housing.
Makes perfect sense, thanks for the insight 👍🏽, now I just need to get it in to dealer for replacement.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Mine is failing as well. 7500 (ish) miles on the car now. Just one of the perks of the magneride, seems to be an issue not just with Ford but all makes.

But man it is awesome on the track.

OP
OP
steve0s550

steve0s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
STEVE
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP 2.3 Mustang
Finally got the car in for the front right strut replacement and the right rear is leaking also, 16k on car 🤦🏼‍♂️, all under warranty but damn!
Sponsored